AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-12-17, 09:28   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 659 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 09:37   Link #2
ImperialFlameGod8190

new chapter is out and Woo boy it was a doozy
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 09:47   Link #3
Zenex
Banned

Shit, I wonder if naruto will actually lose kurama. Uzamaki can survive the extraction and he does sill have sage mode. To be honest usually im sure things wont happen but this I am not so much.

Still i doubt he will lose it but who knows.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 09:58   Link #4
ranchan13

It seems that The current arc of Naruto was made from the Gumi Gumi no Mi from One Piece. No matter how long it gets, it just keeps getting stretched out further.

I doubt I'm the only one wanting this fight to end, in whatever manner.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 10:31   Link #5
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
Shit, I wonder if naruto will actually lose kurama. Uzamaki can survive the extraction and he does sill have sage mode. To be honest usually im sure things wont happen but this I am not so much.

Still i doubt he will lose it but who knows.
i'm almost certain he will lose kurama. you have to look at the end game. all the bijou have personalities and are characters in their own right. when all is said and done they will be free and allowed to live on their own somewhere. so it's necessary for naruto to lose kurama at some point. madara extracting him would be the most dramatic way to do it. and now that kishi has completely delegitimized jinchuuriki dying from the extraction process it doesn't matter anymore if naruto and bee lose their bijou. naruto will live and if kishi wants bee to stay alive, then he'll just fabricate some kind of bs reason for him not to die from it as well
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 10:53   Link #6
james0246

I don't understand. I thought the Gedo statute was the body of the Jyuubi, which was released and became the giant tree of Fate or something...?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 11:03   Link #7
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Unless I'm mistaken the Gedo statue became Obito's body who then summoned the giant tree.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 11:19   Link #8
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm almost certain he will lose kurama. you have to look at the end game. all the bijou have personalities and are characters in their own right. when all is said and done they will be free and allowed to live on their own somewhere. so it's necessary for naruto to lose kurama at some point. madara extracting him would be the most dramatic way to do it. and now that kishi has completely delegitimized jinchuuriki dying from the extraction process it doesn't matter anymore if naruto and bee lose their bijou. naruto will live and if kishi wants bee to stay alive, then he'll just fabricate some kind of bs reason for him not to die from it as well
ya the sage said

Hagoromo also told them that would eventually become one again, yet not as they originally were, and that one shall appear at that time to show them what true power is

so become one means they will all join together once again and it sounds like they will not be the juubi but one super being and naruto will end without tailed beasts but with one tailed beast.

also kishi never asspulled the living and die of extraction. all people who ever had the tailed beast extracted were killed other then.

kushina - and it was said because of something to do with being uzumaki basically a senju

and obito and it was said today if it was not for zetsu keeping him alive he would be dead.

so im ok with the extraction thin also if naruto looses kurama he will be left almost dead so sasuke and others will get time to shine and sakura as well who will probably heal naruto.

Then the entire war with naruto at the head will probablu pull out the newly formed juubi who will be nice haha and end things.

then naruto and sasuke will freindsly fight for kage and it will be g.a.f

bee i think may die tho
Old 2013-12-17, 11:24   Link #9
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

It has been shown that you can't summon something that's still sealed away. Yet Madara summons GM. Plot hole!
Bijuus aren't connected to the GM anymore. In the past it took a long time and many people just to seal away one bijuu. Yet here Madara is about to seal all 9 bijuus in seconds. If it was that easy, why didn't Obito and Nagato do the same. Instead of going trough the hard way. Plot hole.

Basically this whole chapter was about retcons and plot holes.
Old 2013-12-17, 11:29   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Unless I'm mistaken the Gedo statue became Obito's body who then summoned the giant tree.
The Gedo statue is the body of the Jyuubi. Obito shoved all the Bijuu in it, and it became the Jyuubi once more (even if the statue was just a shell, didn't B and Naruto destroy it right before the Jyuubi emerged?). The Jyuubi is also the Tree that Obito extracted from himself. So wouldn't the statue be the tree since the tree is it's real form? Why would the Jyuubi be removed, but it's body be left behind? I'm a little confused...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 11:52   Link #11
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Why does the thread name has this...

"(no new Chapter till 12/30)"

I didn't see any info on chapter that says Naruto will be going on a break.

Explanation please?
Old 2013-12-17, 12:39   Link #12
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
Yea, who said that? The Anime will be on a break for 2 weeks, till 9 January 2014 but Manga too? Dammit!
Madara summons the Gedo Statue but somebody has to protect the Bijuu (Killer Bee or Naruto)...hope we won't see that damn tug war again, sucks!
I know Obito is an Uchiha, but he just can't live much long! No way!
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 12:58   Link #13
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Why does the thread name has this...

"(no new Chapter till 12/30)"

I didn't see any info on chapter that says Naruto will be going on a break.

Explanation please?
It's not Naruto that's going on break, but the magazine as a whole. That double-issue thing they do. This week's issue is actually the one that will be released on the 21st, which is issue 4-5. Thus there's a week break before issue 6.

That said, even if Naruto loses his Kurama, he can still get his dad's Kyuubi. Unless, of course, Madara decides he needs to steal that too.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 13:26   Link #14
shalala

Wouldn't Madara also need the other half of the Kyuubi? To make this all complete. Also surely it would have been better if Obito just gave his other eye to Kakashi instead of hiding it away.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 14:36   Link #15
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Wouldn't Madara also need the other half of the Kyuubi? To make this all complete. Also surely it would have been better if Obito just gave his other eye to Kakashi instead of hiding it away.
1. yes he would need the other half but kishi is ass pull central so that may change on a whim depending on if he feels like drawing it.

2. Obito did not hide his sharingan, he had it in his head the whole time. What he did hide was the other rinnegan eye. Remember pain had 2 eyes not just one and obito had one implanted and left in his sharingan.

when he said he found his other eye he means zetsu already found the hidden rinnegan. Also not obito still has the rinnegan eye in and zetsu made mention it will take longer to get it since obito is fighting zetsu control.

he may yet give his other eye to kakashi because kishi made a point is saying something like:

the sharingan is better with a set ( I forget the actualy wording) and he said it while tlaking about obito. Clearly that shows that he intends to have the eyes used together at one point but the question is.

- will he forget he said that
- will obito and kakashi team up
- will kakashi get both eyes and fuse them into a make shift ems of sorts
- will kakashi get susanoo ( I know im joking just saying kishi is fucked with asspulls )

or something entirely different
Old 2013-12-17, 15:58   Link #16
Tchadnis

Madara is a total beast , he is doing stufff who took years in what ? two moves ...
Old 2013-12-17, 16:25   Link #17
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
Madara is a total beast , he is doing stufff who took years in what ? two moves ...
Obito had to do it in secret he could not just walk into every village and take their jin and not expect retaliation but obito control all the tailed beast pretty well when he was at full power like madara is right now.

im not saying madara is not a beast or that obitio is on his level but the feats your saying are really nothing we never seen before.

madara just does not have to extract the bijuu like obito did which is what took so long. not so much the sealing but the extract and sealing together.

when a tailed beast went rouge obito sucked it back to the gedo just as fast as madara is about to do.

also when it came to the sealing I don't think obito was apart of it was he. he did not come in until after the defeat of sasori before that he was in the background. and no one knew who he was and it was pain in the lead.

so considering the sealing seen did not involve obito and pain was using his power through yahiko not directly from himself I imagine both extracting and sealing would have gone quicker with more powerful shinobi

as we know now the entire akatsuki is fodder compared to madara and nagato fully healed and obito and current naruto and sasuke and hashi and the rest.
Old 2013-12-17, 17:09   Link #18
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is the Rinnegan necessary to become the Jubi's host or something?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 17:17   Link #19
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Is the Rinnegan necessary to become the Jubi's host or something?
I think it is needed to link with the gedo mazo which is needed to make the juubi so kinda ya .

Do not quote me on this tho I just remember tobi saying something about he wanted sasuke to link with the gedo and I think he intended to give sasuke the rinnegan until plans took another turn.

this happened so long ago tho its very vague as to the actual conversation.
Old 2013-12-17, 18:31   Link #20
Homucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
ya the sage said

Hagoromo also told them that would eventually become one again, yet not as they originally were, and that one shall appear at that time to show them what true power is

so become one means they will all join together once again and it sounds like they will not be the juubi but one super being and naruto will end without tailed beasts but with one tailed beast.

also kishi never asspulled the living and die of extraction. all people who ever had the tailed beast extracted were killed other then.

kushina - and it was said because of something to do with being uzumaki basically a senju

and obito and it was said today if it was not for zetsu keeping him alive he would be dead.

so im ok with the extraction thin also if naruto looses kurama he will be left almost dead so sasuke and others will get time to shine and sakura as well who will probably heal naruto.

Then the entire war with naruto at the head will probablu pull out the newly formed juubi who will be nice haha and end things.

then naruto and sasuke will freindsly fight for kage and it will be g.a.f

bee i think may die tho
fight lolololol, that will take more than a few seconds.

Obvious what will happen.

Madara will combine all the bijuus
will make the ten tails
Ass pull as always
Naruto gets the ten tails

and if they do fight, Sasuke will get annihilated in 5 seconds.

Naruto is a uzumaki he shouldn't even half dead when it get extracted.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote