AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 08:16   Link #35281
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I didn't forgot to update the Fanfiction.net, did I?

Edit: Crap....Err... Will do a few minor edit and put up later...

While I am at it, I will reorganize all the ideas I had the OC fic into a story (the revamp)
Old 2012-08-07, 08:56   Link #35282
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Can anyone guess the cost of individual I.S. frame? The mass produced one I mean.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:13   Link #35283
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Probably about the price(or half) of an F-15... Basing that off the rarity of the IS and their technology plus the fact there's only a limited amount of cores in the world.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:22   Link #35284
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I think the development cost a hell lot more....than making the actual frame.

According to the manga: Dunios spend most of their government funding on researching Raphael Revive (and it's only a mass production 2nd Gen IS).

Considering that the company is from France.... it is not a small figure...
Old 2012-08-07, 09:28   Link #35285
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I never ask about development cost but thanks anyway

So somewhere around 40-100 million eh.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:49   Link #35286
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I never ask about development cost but thanks anyway

So somewhere around 40-100 million eh.
Sounds about right.

------
A couple of changes for Bouclier's re-write:

- Instead of Noshiro, Tsurugi now lives in Hokota, Ibaraki Prefecture.

- Minerva's Iwaki Core is no longer present, the entire Minerva has a series of mini compact fusion reactors within it along with energy recyclers, allowing it to run under it's own power and generate more in the process(though the rate which the energy is replenished is quite slow). All other core qualities are done via an unnamed central processing unit.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:44   Link #35287
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I have something in my head but I can't "see" it clearly yet.....

Unrelated note:
I wonder how many fantasy theme could I inject into the OC-verse without breaking it....

Crazy fantasy idea:
Knight of Oracle
A relatively new Secret organization that "guide humanity into right course of history" from background.

To assist them, they have a powerful Quantum Machine called Oracle (unsurprisingly) which can predict the future ten years later with 90% accuracy by calculating all possibility and every variables.

Due to Butterfly effect, the prediction goes off by 0.1% every year which is why the machine need calibration once every 100 years.

To prevent people tempering the machine... the creator make it in such a way that it auto calibrate itself automatically once every 100 years.

With 90% accuracy, one may wonder why the 10% is unpredictable....
Because you have people like Tabane.

According to the oracle:
IS is not supposed to exist.
After the initial introduction of IS, based on Tabane's personality, she would have given up on it or hack into every military computer and unleash her revenge.

What the machine did not predict was: Tabane did hack into military computer but instead of revenge, she should to use the opportunity to show off IS capability.

That action alone threw the prediction of the machine off by 5%... Now the machine only have 80% accuracy......

Why 80% instead of 85%? the other 5% came from introduction of Akatsubaki.....
===

Too crazy?
Old 2012-08-07, 19:03   Link #35288
DarkJak2050

Fanfic spoted.

IS Rising of the Tides
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 23:19   Link #35289
Eratas123

I wonder if Kanzashi has a decent chance of getting with Ichika.
Old 2012-08-08, 01:28   Link #35290
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Re-written briefing scene from Chapter 1 of Bouclier:

Quote:
Various soft tones sound simultaneously within the small room which has widescreens mounted on its walls, each of them showing prompts ranging from the base’s life support systems to three-dimensional maps of several areas throughout Japan.

Inside the room is also Gerald, dressed just like any other typical person; ash grey round-neck tee with brown vest and black slacks, and has little to no aura which would indicate him as the leader of their organization Praxidike.

The entrance door opens with Jinrai and Inami at the doorstep.

“We’re here Gerald, what’s up?”

The two enters the room as Gerald, who’s looking at the main screen, turns to them.

“Sensors picked up three unknown units entering Ibaraki airspace and they’re now cruising along Hokota’s eastern coastline.”

The screen magnifies the Ibaraki Prefecture’s location on the map and shows three blips heading south-east, tracing its coastline towards the city of Choshi in the neighboring Chiba Prefecture. While Jinrai is indifferent due the seemingly non-hostile nature of the blips’ movement, Inami narrows his eyes as he’s familiar with Hokota.

‘Hokota… That’s my hometown… and hers!’

He steps forward and examines the map while Jinrai looks to him with a slightly shocked expression. Gerald stares blankly at Inami as he turns to him with a light frown.

“From their movement, they do not seem to be posing a threat to any of the cities in their path. Rather, it does look like they’re attempting to circle around towards another intended target…”

The screen creates a line which traces the coast beyond the blips’ current location, showing it to be staying along the eastern coast until Choshi where it arcs into the mainland towards Tokyo and the off-land Infinite Stratos Academy. The predicted route surprises Inami while Jinrai simply huffs with his arms crossed.

“The Academy… I figured.”

“That can’t be right, Bastion-san. Of all places, why the school?”

“I’d like to know that as well. Thing is, there aren’t any major military establishments along the predicted route…”

“I see…”

“In any case, I need you to sortie in the Minerva and hold position over the Chiba Prefecture in case these unknowns turn hostile.”

Inami looks back to the screen which then shows an arrowhead trailing a direct path from Mount Tsukuba, the location of their underground base of operations, to the city of Ichihara in the Chiba Prefecture while Gerald and Jinrai awaits his reply.

“I’ll head out then.”
Old 2012-08-08, 07:55   Link #35291
agetreme
Just another Idiot

A rewrite... uh?

I am thinking about going Timey Wimey Ball.... a little.... but I am trying to keep the mindscrew stuff for OC fic to minimal level.....
Old 2012-08-08, 09:17   Link #35292
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

More or less, yeah...

I went through Bouclier and Saber again and I realized that Bouclier requires more build-up since almost all the events that occur seems sudden.

Then there's also some rectifications such as Inami and Tsurugi's hometown, Praxidike's base, the Minerva etc etc.

Event-wise, I'm might as well stretch this into a 20-chapter story so as to allow development for previous sudden occurence like when Praxidike unveils its true nature and etc.
Old 2012-08-08, 12:14   Link #35293
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
More or less, yeah...

I went through Bouclier and Saber again and I realized that Bouclier requires more build-up since almost all the events that occur seems sudden.

Then there's also some rectifications such as Inami and Tsurugi's hometown, Praxidike's base, the Minerva etc etc.

Event-wise, I'm might as well stretch this into a 20-chapter story so as to allow development for previous sudden occurence like when Praxidike unveils its true nature and etc.
Kind of remind me of Shuffle Essence.....

Any foreshadowing about future (as in things that did not appear in Saber?)
Old 2012-08-08, 13:50   Link #35294
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Not at the moment.

Won't be posting the re-write until Esperance is done so I can make use of it. :P
As of now, I'll include references for future characters where I can, one of them being the leader of the Aegis team(the ISA's six-man security squad in the Athena-verse):

Quote:
“The readings didn’t match?”

“None, Sensei. Not even the black IS from before… I’m afraid we’re onto something completely different here.”

“All right. Notify the Aegis team and relay the unknowns’ coordinates to them.”

“Will do, Sensei. What about the defensive perimeter?”

“Katagiri will handle it once she gets hold of those coordinates.”

“Got it… But still…”

“If it’s about the unknown IS’ intrusion from before, it has not shaken my trust in her one bit. I believe she is still capable of leading the team.”

“…I understand, Sensei. Relaying message to the Aegis team.”
This scene is also to help readers separate the Praxidike drones from the Golems, seeing as the two broadcasts different radar signatures.
Old 2012-08-08, 21:22   Link #35295
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Are you going to balance the Drone and Golem out in someway? (The last time I read: the Drone pwn the Golem...)

As in one has advantage over the other....

Something like: Golem are more powerful but Drone have larger number

Edit:

For Female OC:
I am going to dark story for Girl's side (bully, attempted rape)....
Currently people just assumed that girls have better life than guys..
I don't want that...

In a way, being able to pilot IS means:
> Being treated as tools for war instead of human being.
> Guys turn wimpy or too hardcore (desperate attempts grasp on to their manhood)
> You-don't-want-to-date-them kind (All well-balanced guys are taken)
> Guys hate you (because you are a girl)
> (Hate + desperate attempt to hold on to manliness) = resorting to violence
> Worst case scenario: terrorists
> Being bullied by personal IS users
>Being bullied by fellow classmate
> Get blamed for everything due to blind hatred(apparently IS cause 2nd World War, that male child died because of IS's sonic boom. People die from anti-IS terrorist because of you!)

If you are female:
Good luck in such a world.
====
Current plan:
Theme: There are two side to a coin.

Two protagonist:
Nemo and female OC

Nemo is a magician, a illusionist a liar. representing Dreams.
Female OC is brutally honest, she represent Truth

When together:
Nemo's side will appear biased while female OC will show what exactly happened.

For Unicorn and Shion: Love Conquer all.

But..... Nemo and Female OC flair just as well going Solo

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-08-08 at 22:34.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:21   Link #35296
demino_hellsin
That one guy

3 days and 2 nights of darkness and I am back... with a plot bunny

Spoiler for fanfic insipration:

Spoiler for fanfic background:

Spoiler for fanfic plot:

Spoiler for Good guys:

Spoiler for face heel turns:

Spoiler for bad guys:

So much f*cked up crack.

:|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:41   Link #35297
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Are you going to balance the Drone and Golem out in someway? (The last time I read: the Drone pwn the Golem...)

As in one has advantage over the other....

Something like: Golem are more powerful but Drone have larger number
That has been the case actually. The other time the drones got the best of the Golem was because it was like a squad of Praxidike drones against one lone Golem.

@Demi
Basically all the CC cast are like... aliens?

-----------

Not sure if this following would describe the power usage of the Minerva's weapons well:

Quote:
“How’s everything looking in there?”

“No anomalies, Jinrai-san. The systems boot up smoothly.”

“Nice.”

Inami, who’s now suited up in the powered Minerva battle armor checks the holographic interfaces within the helmet while Jinrai keeps track of the unit’s initialization progress via a computer which is connected to various hard-points on the battle armor via a series of cables.

“Remember, Inami. Use the weapons sparingly, especially the beam sabers. While the Minerva is able to generate and run under its own power, the energy replenishment rate won’t be able to cope with continuous usage of the sabers.”

“Got it. What about the beam spray guns?”

“The beam guns consume a standard amount of energy per shot. However, the shots pack greater punch the closer you are to the target. Then again, don’t let that hold you back from using it at a distance if you need to intimidate or distract the targets.”

“Will the guns drain the energy as fast as the sabers would if used continuously?”

“Not exactly. Given your fighting style, the beam guns are designed to be your fall-back weapons. The energy replenishment rate is a little more than the amount used by the beam guns per shot, as long as you aren’t using both guns concurrently, you won’t run out of power.”
Comments?
Old 2012-08-08, 22:46   Link #35298
agetreme
Just another Idiot

So.... every weapon have a cooldown recharge time?

Edit: a good way to justify the usage of other weapon?
Old 2012-08-08, 22:49   Link #35299
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: Works pretty well. This highlights the fact that Minerva isn't an IS due to the fact it doesn't have a similarly powerful energy source.

And also, yeah. Everyone is an alien just so all the messed up superhuman crap they pull off is justified
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:59   Link #35300
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
So.... every weapon have a cooldown recharge time?

Edit: a good way to justify the usage of other weapon?
Quite so. The beam guns can be used indefinitely as long as Inami isn't using both at once.

The sabers however, are the deadliest weapons in Minerva's arsenal. In default output, they're sort of like the Minerva's equivalent of Barrier Void weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@stratos: Works pretty well. This highlights the fact that Minerva isn't an IS due to the fact it doesn't have a similarly powerful energy source.

And also, yeah. Everyone is an alien just so all the messed up superhuman crap they pull off is justified
Actually, the Minerva doesn't have a central power source anymore. The power is generated by a series of mini-reactors all around the battle-armor so that various parts of the unit can have immediate access to energy.

These reactors are also linked to each other so that excess energy from any of them can be automatically channeled to other parts of the unit(e.g Thrusters on the legs) when required.

Regarding the aliens part, that's pretty funny but I do like the idea of it
Sort of like Ultraman/Superman but without the "can only spend 3 minutes on earth"/Kryptonite weaknesses. Unless of course if you do plan to give them something of that equivalent.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest