AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-10, 17:51   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

K-On! - Requests for new threads

Since the K-On! forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new K-On! thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2009-04-10, 18:27   Link #2
Kristen
*Author

Yay for a new K-On! subforum! ^.^

Anyways, could we possibly have a thread on music terminology and stuff related to the atmosphere of K-On!, for instance, the type of guitar Yui bought, the nature of Mio using a guitar pick to play bass, Jimi Hendrix, etc.? Maybe call it a "K-On! Culture" thread?
Old 2009-04-10, 18:35   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That is indeed interesting. However, to provide a moderate and solid lead, we would need an appropriate opening post.
If anyone can submit their opening post, with the basis (notably, everyone's instruments), please give it a shot here.
Old 2009-04-10, 21:45   Link #4
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

If we're talking about instruments, I made it a point to do an instrument feature in my Episode 2 RIUVA article here. Note, this is based on personal research, and may not be 100% accurate.

While we're on about new threads, I'm sure it would be this series if any that could work with the Lucky Star "4-girl" character poll, yes?
Old 2009-04-11, 03:26   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
While we're on about new threads, I'm sure it would be this series if any that could work with the Lucky Star "4-girl" character poll, yes?
We are waaaayyyyy to early to consider such thread. May be a few more episodes and then.... I know I've yet warm up to our main heroine. May be once she starts to play that guitar....

edit: Ascaloth, that seems to be what Kristen is asking for though I'm not 100% certain. If you could submit that portion along with those picture in the thread, we could create the thread.
Old 2009-04-11, 06:45   Link #6
Ascaloth

Okay, here we go....

Spoiler for tl;dr:

You may also want to consider using this image as a whole, or divided into their respective parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Spoiler:
Finally, I cannot stress this enough; there is no guarantee that my research is 100% accurate. I am especially leery of my own accuracy with regards to the Yamaha Hipgig drum set; please take that into account.
Old 2009-04-11, 07:04   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Okay, here we go....
I think you may have misunderstood the request.

What we are looking for is a suitable opening post for a K-On! Culture or a K-On! Tools of the Trade (for want of a better title) thread.

There is nothing wrong with what you posted, it's the sort of thing that would be ideal for such threads but it doesn't make a good opening post. We need something that explains the purpose of the thread (which is still a bit vague at the moment).
Old 2009-04-11, 07:23   Link #8
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I think you may have misunderstood the request.

What we are looking for is a suitable opening post for a K-On! Culture or a K-On! Tools of the Trade (for want of a better title) thread.

There is nothing wrong with what you posted, it's the sort of thing that would be ideal for such threads but it doesn't make a good opening post. We need something that explains the purpose of the thread (which is still a bit vague at the moment).
*shrug* Hey, monir asked me to post it up, so I did. :3
Old 2009-04-11, 07:50   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
*shrug* Hey, monir asked me to post it up, so I did. :3
We can still incorporate a portion of your post once Kristen or anyone else can give us a better idea on how the intended discussion need to take a shape. I'm also thinking about stealing some of your images from your blog for the opening post.
Old 2009-04-11, 08:01   Link #10
Kristen
*Author

I can give it a shot, I guess... I'm bad at writing big official looking posts. XD

Spoiler for K-On! Tools of the Trade:

Yeah, I'm bad at writing these types of things. Someone else would be better. >.<
Old 2009-04-11, 08:07   Link #11
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
We can still incorporate a portion of your post once Kristen or anyone else can give us a better idea on how the intended discussion need to take a shape. I'm also thinking about stealing some of your images from your blog for the opening post.
Feel free to help yourself.
Old 2009-04-11, 08:12   Link #12
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@Kristen: I think the problem of new thread is not how the 1st post is written, but what would we do if there is no cultural or reference is mentioned in later chapters.

We can put the actual musical instrument (like Ascaloth mentioned) and the actual towns where K-on were based on. But then what else? Car model? Train model? School motto (the hare and turtle...)? We don't want a new thread to die too quick =/
Old 2009-04-12, 11:29   Link #13
Fandal

I don't know if it's too early to ask, but can we get a thread on Yui's sister Ui?
Old 2009-04-28, 23:00   Link #14
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
We could compare: SHnY vs LS vs K-On!
Ex: (show + character)

Kyou -> Kyon -> Kagami -> Mio

Haruhi + Tsuruya = Ritsu
Old 2009-04-29, 00:16   Link #15
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
I don't know if it's too early to ask, but can we get a thread on Yui's sister Ui?
It is way too early: Ui has a very minimal screentime, and aside of being shown as a mature and reliable little sister, there isn't much to discuss about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
We could compare: SHnY vs LS vs K-On!
Ex: (show + character)

Kyou -> Kyon -> Kagami -> Mio

Haruhi + Tsuruya = Ritsu
For all intents and purposes, we do not create a thread for this kind of discussion: it doesn't bring anything new, especially this kind of "comments" (not discussion) were already present in the general discussion thread.
And if we start allowing that, it will certainly go out of control with totally unrelated series and the like (to begin with, if we remove the very few similarities between the characters of these shows, they just don't have anything in common, be it character or plot wise).
Old 2009-05-01, 12:45   Link #16
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Have we seen enough of the teacher that she can get her own thread?

Old 2009-05-02, 00:23   Link #17
Mercurius

K-On! - Requests for new threads

Since the Music thread seems to be focused more around album sales...

Spoiler for Sample opening post, could use editing:
Old 2009-05-02, 02:48   Link #18
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Have we seen enough of the teacher that she can get her own thread?

I was going to create it even with no request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
Since the Music thread seems to be focused more around album sales...

K-On! - Tabs and Sheet Music (or The Yui School of Rock)
Interesting. An attempt to use one of the anime's main themes. Created.
Old 2009-05-04, 03:53   Link #19
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Just for fun.

Can I request a thread for 'Musical Instruments in K-ON!' ?
Since I am a guitarists, I am interested to see if anyone (who are really playing musical instruments) to chat a bit about K-ON! instruments.
Old 2009-05-04, 05:13   Link #20
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart View Post
Can I request a thread for 'Musical Instruments in K-ON!' ?
Since I am a guitarists, I am interested to see if anyone (who are really playing musical instruments) to chat a bit about K-ON! instruments.
Nothing against it, please make a nice looking opening post for said discussion and I'll move it as first post of the new thread.