AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-21, 16:06   Link #101
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
The car might have been great orginally but it has since been in a couple of crashes and repaired by who know what sort of cowboy mechanic. He was fixing his own car as well and I don't get the impression he is any sort of expert machanic.

Kind of like the idea he is repairing his own car. Him crashing makes him seem human compared to the robot that is Takumi in InitialD.

I can't believe the Japanese traffic. There are trucks and stuff all over the place!
Don't the Japanese have the UK concept of a slow (60-70mph), medium (70-80mph) and fast (90+mph) lanes on a motorway!???
Old 2007-06-21, 20:43   Link #102
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88 View Post
I can't believe the Japanese traffic. There are trucks and stuff all over the place!
Don't the Japanese have the UK concept of a slow (60-70mph), medium (70-80mph) and fast (90+mph) lanes on a motorway!???
The racers do not really care about it, they don't just pay a lot of money (I heard the toll rates for these Japanese highways are quite high) to go around the highways in slow speeds, not to mention them being wide and long. Kind of like the Autobahn, except the police does go around at times.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 21:43   Link #103
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
The manga currently has 35 volumes releases, so there's tons of material. It just depends on how long they can keep it profitable, probably.
There's 37 volumes as of right now:

http://shop.kodansha.jp/bc2_bc/searc...h=%8C%9F%8D%F5

Hopefully this series gets popular enough they'll keep animating it through out the years like Initial D.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2007-06-22 at 00:34.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 22:35   Link #104
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
The racers do not really care about it, they don't just pay a lot of money (I heard the toll rates for these Japanese highways are quite high) to go around the highways in slow speeds, not to mention them being wide and long. Kind of like the Autobahn, except the police does go around at times.
There's also that quote from Twinkie in F&F: Tokyo Drift, where he says that the police don't even bother chasing cars that go above a certain speed. I think that's more spin than actual fact, but it does leave you thinking.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 23:26   Link #105
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post

Hopefully this series gets popolar enough they'll keep animating it throught out the years like Initial D.
I would really wish this would happen too, but the animation looks subpar for today's standards... Initial D 4th Stage was pretty good in terms of this, but as for WANGAN Midnight... I was quite dissapointed.

Oh well, maybe it's just me... or it's just probably how the studio does it.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 00:43   Link #106
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by obentou View Post
I would really wish this would happen too, but the animation looks subpar for today's standards... Initial D 4th Stage was pretty good in terms of this, but as for WANGAN Midnight... I was quite dissapointed.

Oh well, maybe it's just me... or it's just probably how the studio does it.
Well Initial D: Fourth Stage had Frontline doing the animation with Gainax, Satelight and Studio Jack doing the between animations:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=3396

While with Wangan the animation is being done by A.C.G.T.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7646

So Initial D:Fourth Stage had better animation studios working on it. I'm not really impress with Wangan's animation either. Hopefully I'll get better but I doubt it.
Old 2007-06-22, 04:27   Link #107
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88 View Post
Where the hell do you drive? ;_;

We don't have any such rules on UK motorways, besides the national speed limit is 70mph.

Anyway, series is looking interesting so far with the first 2 episodes. Although I've seen a few people trashing the series already, I think it's far too easy for them to be passing judgement.
Old 2007-06-22, 05:19   Link #108
passenger

i also think comparing to initial d animation is low. but on the other hand initial d series are on their own league. story wise there are way too many girls compared to initial d. nobody is in "lonely driver" mode actually. even his sensei is actually cute if i saw it right in episode 2.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 07:26   Link #109
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
I like the anime but not sure how the story can really develop from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv View Post
Where the hell do you drive? ;_;
We don't have any such rules on UK motorways, besides the national speed limit is 70mph.
I mainly drive M27, M3, A34, M40, M1, A1(M), M6 in England.
Do you drive on the UK motorways? I know lots of new drivers who are too scared enter the motorway

The UK limit is offically 70mph but you try driving 70mph in the fast lane (or even the middle lane tbh) and you will have a BMW/Audi/Focus etc riding your bumper and flashing there lights. You don't see many police cars but you will get a fined or lose you license if the fixed speed cameras catch you (a satnav will warn you of there location) - the government is raking in the money. Law or no law, in free flowing motorway traffic don't even think about going in the fast lane unless you are going 90mph.

The UK law clearly says you need to move to the left (slow lane) when you can and only pass on the right. Underpassing in a left (slower) lane is a crime and is dangerous (however so is speeding).

I get the impression from the Wangan Midnight anime that this is not the case in Japan and you can get slow traffic in all the lanes of the motorway.
Is this normal or just to look good in the anime??
Old 2007-06-22, 08:39   Link #110
kct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
There's also that quote from Twinkie in F&F: Tokyo Drift, where he says that the police don't even bother chasing cars that go above a certain speed. I think that's more spin than actual fact, but it does leave you thinking.
Because it is basically useless to chase after a car having more than 400 horsepower, except that someone is that crazy to chase them down.
Old 2007-06-22, 09:29   Link #111
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Because it is basically useless to chase after a car having more than 400 horsepower, except that someone is that crazy to chase them down.
And crazily enough, the Japanese police patrolling the Wangan IRL are equipped with the tools to chase down Wangan racers; specially-equipped Nissan Skyline GT-Rs.

Spoiler for I kid you not:
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 11:46   Link #112
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

Quote:
And crazily enough, the Japanese police patrolling the Wangan IRL are equipped with the tools to chase down Wangan racers; specially-equipped Nissan Skyline GT-Rs.

bet the one's driving that patrol car was an ex-racer himself
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 13:44   Link #113
280z

Here in miami our main highway is I-95. People drive all over the place in any lane no matter what speed they are going.
280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 21:41   Link #114
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post

Hopefully this series gets popular enough they'll keep animating it through out the years like Initial D.
I don't know about it becoming that poular but we can hope, so that it continues to later volumes.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 22:54   Link #115
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Seems way more realistic than Initial D.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 23:08   Link #116
kct

Quote:

Happens, but once the boost kicks in some of the cars (Top Secret's Smoky Naganata's creations comes to mind), they're helpless.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:10   Link #117
ZODDGUTS

Here's Wangan Midnight for PS3 Website:

http://www.genki.co.jp/games/wangan_ps3/

They have a long trailer for the game. It's going to have online as well.

The game comes out next month on the 26th.
Old 2007-06-23, 01:33   Link #118
moshun

are wangan games any better than tokyo extreme? they seem like the same genre.
Old 2007-06-23, 06:09   Link #119
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshun View Post
are wangan games any better than tokyo extreme? they seem like the same genre.
Both are done by the same people who did the Kaido series which are awesome.

Much lulz.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 11:25   Link #120
280z

Hey a spare IS just fine (lost his original Z key ) they look exactly like those too. Anyway anyone know when new eps come out
280z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
racing, seinen