5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.70%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-10, 14:53   Link #321
Same_Shark

I hope Setsuna kills that little bitch Neena, and soon. I want that bitch dead!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 15:12   Link #322
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Maybe he actually accepted those new blades that he rejected about ten episodes ago (back when Lockon got the cool cloak-thing for Dynamas)
Considering he's beenusing those blades since he was given them in ep 6 I don't think he rejected them.
Old 2008-02-10, 15:23   Link #323
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

very gripping episode

I got more respect for Setsuna as a protagonist after this episode. Setsuna as a main character didnt really do anything for me till this episode. This missing hand convey the horrors of war really well.

It will be interesting to see what paths Saji will take after this episode. I actually like Saji the most out of all the male characters, all the other male characters are crazy.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-02-10 at 15:26. Reason: more
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 15:24   Link #324
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
Neena is my girl not only did she kill the every-week-pointless 2 min crap of louise saji moments she just showed she doenst give a f*ck and can do as she pleases.
Neena is a psycho bitch who should be put down like a rabid dog. Murdering dozens of innocent people just becuase she was bored is not the least bit "cool" and negates any possible sympanty or understanding for her character. She needs to end up as a bloody splotch on the inside of her cockpit and soon.

Quote:
Also in every war civilians die no win this case i got to say yeah neena didnt have to do that if you look at it from a moral point and i agree but i dislike louise so for me its a relieve to know the enxt eps gonna be about actual fighting.
Leaving aside the idea that murder and mutalation are okay as long as the victims are annoying, I hate to burst your bubble but events in the episode virtually guarantee that Louise and Saji will have a continued and increasingly important role in the story from now on.

Quote:
ALso the "they attacked a civilian factory" is for me annoying to hear.
You do have a point here. Munitions plants have always been valid military targets, and non-military personnel getting killed there is hardly the same as bombing schools or hospitals (or wedding receptions). Its a bit more ruthless than the original Gundams have been, but hardly a war crime.

Quote:
What im more annoyed with is setsuna, not only does he attack a group which is part of his group
I think its been pretty much established at this point that the Trinity's represent either a rouge element of Celestial Being who are working for their own agenda and not the stated one of the overall group, or else an entirely different group who stole the Gundam technology from Celestial Being. I have a feeling setsuna will see at least some sort of back up from the other Meisters before this fight is done. In either case it seems obvious that all the orignal four Meisters are going to end up opposing them before the series is over.

Quote:
he dont even tell the rest what he is gonna do or talks to them he just attacks its like wtf dude??? he could at least talk about the matter and then state how their relationship will be etc.
Setsuna obviously has very strong personal reasons for involving himself with Celestial Being, and he obviously sees the Trinity's as perpetrators of the sort of pointless violence and innocent deaths associated with unrestrained warfare he himself seems dedicated to opposing. Undoubtedly his unapproved actions will lead to some repercutions within Celestial Being (after all, that is Lockon pointing a gun at him in the previews) in the future but given his role in the show, it seems doubtful he will be out of the cockpit, at least for long.
Old 2008-02-10, 15:26   Link #325
KaiZX
Dogbert Financial Advisor

Quote:
What im more annoyed with is setsuna, not only does he attack a group which is part of his group he dont even tell the rest what he is gonna do or talks to them he just attacks its like wtf dude??? he could at least talk about the matter and then state how their relationship will be etc. But attacking them will make whom ever is in charge Observers or who ever give reason to say setsuna will have to go off the unit.

Seeing how setsuna killed his own parents i dont think he has a right to be judging people at this point and his past actions.
Setsuna killed his mother while he was a member of a group under the commands of Ali Al Sarches. From his flashbacks, we can guess that he and the other children like him were brainwashed with talk about how they were doing "the duty of God." The present-day Setsuna hates Ali Al Sarches and hates the Kurd-Azadistan War, precisely because he was so disllusioned by all the talk of "holy wars" and ending up seeing nothing but suffering.

So yes, Setsuna has every right to judge other people. I don't see why he was wrong for being angry, since he just heard from Lockon something like 800+ civilians killed at the hands of the Thrones.

And you seem to have forgotten that Setsuna is trying to redeem himself for his past sins. That's the reason why he's a Gundam Meister, and that's the reason why he rescued Massoud Rashmadi (religious leader in Azadistan) and return him back to Marina back in Episode 13.

Incidentally that's the same reason why Tieria doesn't like him (he thinks that Setsuna can be out of control).

These are civilians, by the way. There's something called "rules of engagement" in war, and as a soldier you're not supposed to kill civilians unless they're involved directly in the conflict. There's a reason why the Red Cross are internationally given safe passage and neutrality in war.

Now Johann targeting a war factory can at least be justified on the grounds that they produce weapons, but Neena...

I'm sorry targeting a wedding party is just terrorism. I can't see how you can defend Neena, even if you dislike Louise.
KaiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 15:30   Link #326
benji000
You are not Gundam

Holy crap, this episode was &%#@ING EPIC!!!!!!!!!!

Neena is just pure evil. Who the hell gives her the right to blow up a random wedding party because she was overworked and bored!!!

Graham is officially my most favourite character in Gundam 00, he owned eins with only a customized flag. All he need now is a Flag that is coated in red and 3 times faster!!!

So Setsuna F. Say Yeah challenges the thrones by himself. Even though his chances of winning are low i'll still root for him. PROVE THAT YOU'RE A GUNDAM SETSUNA.
benji000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 15:30   Link #327
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Man! This episode made me hate that Nena even more!!! WTF is wrong with her??? Destroyed someone's wedding just because she feels like it!!! I hope Setsuna kill her!!!

But I think this Gundam series is really good. I mean, they made Louise lost her arm and legs(right??? becuase I don't see any of her legs left.) In other Gundam series, especially Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny, Fllay and Stella died, but they don't have to suffer anymore. For Louise, being like this can be really hard for her and Saji, too. I like how they willing to risk the reality with this Gundam 00
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 15:33   Link #328
Chase

Quote:
OK THIS WAS A GREAT EP!!! lol a guy gave it a 1 :O

this is what anime should be like ep getting good great greater greatest ultimate ..... SUGOI!!!!!!!

Where to start. Throne's pawn not because of skill but cuz they actually do something lol. Neena is my girl not only did she kill the every-week-pointless 2 min crap of louise saji moments she just showed she doenst give a f*ck and can do as she pleases.

I know people will flame more for this but this stuff happens in war. Also in every war civilians die no win this case i got to say yeah neena didnt have to do that if you look at it from a moral point and i agree but i dislike louise so for me its a relieve to know the enxt eps gonna be about actual fighting.

ALso the "they attacked a civilian factory" is for me annoying to hear. That factory makes gundams or other arms its like a part of the army. I mean you can kill gundams all you want but if the factory's dont stop making em there will be new pilots in em anyway. And if people know anything bout war you know the best way to stop a war is to also take out the resources of a country that means factory food fuels etc. Its not liek johan is gonna say ok lets go take out cities.

So for me seeing so called civilians die who make weapons isnt a shock nor do i feel sympathy for them. Cuz the weapons they make kill in the end.

What im more annoyed with is setsuna, not only does he attack a group which is part of his group he dont even tell the rest what he is gonna do or talks to them he just attacks its like wtf dude??? he could at least talk about the matter and then state how their relationship will be etc. But attacking them will make whom ever is in charge Observers or who ever give reason to say setsuna will have to go off the unit.

Seeing how setsuna killed his own parents i dont think he has a right to be judging people at this point and his past actions.

BTW that arm of johan blew up so i dont think they have any tech plus they need those particles to make the arm functions so its prettty much a dead end.

And graham is definitly the strongest pilot. It just so sad he think his gundam is good that gundam is like limiting his utmost potential. Or graham just tries to defy the human possibilities

BTW that last scene how setsuna is in his cockpit saying taking out targets etc is so boring man. Its like those throne guys is more human then him man. At least graham puts some spirit in it.

And like y'all im showing signs like a gundam addict i cant seem to wait it really killing me :S
so your annoyed by what Setsuna did but happy with what neena did and justifying it? Cuz you dont like the louise saji stuff? So it all boils down to you not liking Setsuna and loving Neena, thats all you had to say
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 15:35   Link #329
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:

Agreed. Graham is the strongest pilot in the series is what i like to say also, but seems to be Ali Ai Saachez has more experience than Graham right now, but only due to time and age difference in war.

I'm not that judgemental with Setsuna. It's very realistic for all those civilians to die, but i also would necessarily say they deserved it. A lot of us are mechanical, electrical, aeronautical engineering majors and there's a high chance in the future we'd be out there in those places designing and building weapons of war... i wouldn't say we deserved to die

Quote:
BTW that last scene how setsuna is in his cockpit saying taking out targets etc is so boring man. Its like those throne guys is more human then him man. At least graham puts some spirit in it.
Setsuna here represents us as the third party. And it seems to me that he's the only character in Celestial Being that really knows what their true goal is rather then following some AI computer like Tieria or constantly hesistating for their course of actions like Sumeragi. It's the only person who has seen both sides of the coin and made a stand. I give him props for that.. while the rest are still clueless and mindless of what's going on.

Hence at the end he says as a true Gundam Meister "I have decided that the 3 Thrones are the source of conflict Engaging intervention."
Old 2008-02-10, 16:18   Link #330
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Neena is a psycho bitch who should be put down like a rabid dog. Murdering dozens of innocent people just becuase she was bored is not the least bit "cool" and negates any possible sympanty or understanding for her character. She needs to end up as a bloody splotch on the inside of her cockpit and soon.

Leaving aside the idea that murder and mutalation are okay as long as the victims are annoying, I hate to burst your bubble but events in the episode virtually guarantee that Louise and Saji will have a continued and increasingly important role in the story from now on.

You do have a point here. Munitions plants have always been valid military targets, and non-military personnel getting killed there is hardly the same as bombing schools or hospitals (or wedding receptions). Its a bit more ruthless than the original Gundams have been, but hardly a war crime.

I think its been pretty much established at this point that the Trinity's represent either a rouge element of Celestial Being who are working for their own agenda and not the stated one of the overall group, or else an entirely different group who stole the Gundam technology from Celestial Being. I have a feeling setsuna will see at least some sort of back up from the other Meisters before this fight is done. In either case it seems obvious that all the orignal four Meisters are going to end up opposing them before the series is over.

Setsuna obviously has very strong personal reasons for involving himself with Celestial Being, and he obviously sees the Trinity's as perpetrators of the sort of pointless violence and innocent deaths associated with unrestrained warfare he himself seems dedicated to opposing. Undoubtedly his unapproved actions will lead to some repercutions within Celestial Being (after all, that is Lockon pointing a gun at him in the previews) in the future but given his role in the show, it seems doubtful he will be out of the cockpit, at least for long.
What points out to you she is psycho, she did rather on a whip without any feelings for it whatsoever??? Plus i didnt say its cool i just think she is badass to pull something like that its like oooh party boom and im like LOL!!!! You know whats so funny is that because you dont see any crying kid or whatever with the 4 gundam meisters dont mean there are no casualties on civilians. Like they caused for example in setsuna's hometown. Every power group HRL Union EAU causes civilian death in every war they are a part of.

About louise saji yeah you said their role will probabaly be still in the show fact is neena caused it to change. So because of neena it had an actual meaning the whole happy yaddi yaddi crap was to make people like you feel sympathy towards them to dislike neena more so they can kill her off. SO you and the gross of the viewers feel satisfied.

You know if i was a soldier i wouldnt kill civilians either but i do think the whole yeah a civilian died so now i need to hate a person who killed civilians more then killing soldiers is a bit dubious. Why because imo they both humans thus for me the same right to life. Who is there to say that killing a soldier is more human then killing civilians. Whats the difference cuz 1 is holding a gun and the other isnt? Its still killing you think the relatives of a soldier or a civilian care less if their family is a soldier or a civilian. Death is death and in death everyone is for me equal as also living thus i will not make a big difference (i dont say there is not a difference) in the killing itself. I mean if you wanna talk how bad it is that they shot at that wedding ceremony geuss what taking out that armoury for me was far more worse then that ceremony. You know why 800 people died yet i dont hear you say OMG i hate her/him they killed 800 people.

Thats 800 people dude you wanna tell the sorrow of the people involved with those 800 is less noteworthy?? For me thats bullcrap. THATs why im like lol she shot at a wedding ceremony cuz at the point where killing starts deaths are all the same.

@Tsukiyomi you do have a point that making your own judgement is a good think but i think sumeragi is the good 3rd party as she analyzed the situation and acts accordingly. Setsuna has little info not what sumeragi has and immediatly does what he wants. This isnt GSD and he is pretty much heading that way which i dislike cuz i dont wanna see defects left and right.

@Chase you dont read what i said man "yeah neena didnt have to do that if you look at it from a moral point and i agree" what part of this you dont understand. Im not saying she has a right to do it im just saying seeing how wars always have civilians and considering i dislike louise im not gonna be OMFG how sad. Im more like lol finaly some story. If i had to watch setsuna from the day he was born till that civil war where he killed his parents i would skip that part.

@KaiZX you know let me tell you something no one has the right to be judging people lets leave that to judges and if you believe in god to god cuz the moment people start judging is when wars start(aka setsuna). Also if you do not know the meaning of those 800 deaths then you dont know whats going on or cant see the bigger picture.

If you can take out a warfactory and kill 800 people or fight 3 years and tire yourself to death but kill 100000 civilians in cities in the process my choice is easy made. And geuss what those generals from the countries where those 800 civilians died see it as the same. My point is setsuna acts impulsive which is WHY lockon puts a gun up his head to tell him to cool down as i would.

Thing is you can really see he is from that kurdishstan(whatever the name was) infighting seems to be his forte at this point. I said it already he shoudl follow sumeragi's point get more info on the matter before going attacking your own comrades EVEN IF THEY ARE AGAINST you.

about the neena i aint defending her basically im just watching this from the side and im like dawn 17 eps of annoying 2 min crap and from this moment on thats all changed. But if you ask me do you think she was right i would say no. That you can see that is beyond me though

about the whole neena deal let me tell how my personality is. Look like any sane person here i know what can and can not. The thing is and i know that alot of people think the same also. Im sorta like a kira i would not go on a killing spree but im also like if i see a psycho killer pff Then i think in my mind "just kill him". Now if i had a death note book i would use it for something else. Now when i watch Gundam 00 im like OMFG this girl is annoying then its like her family is killed and suddenly i shoudl go all emo on her nah f*ck that:S. Basically what im saying is It might be harsh what im saying about louuise but its not that i would not agree with you on the good moral issue here. For me its entertainment. and i dont feel like over hyping the political correct awnser on a forum simply cuz louise annoyed me since day one. I like micheal alot cuz he is a wa crazy maniac and i like graham if they both died i would be like nooooooooooooooooooooooooo but im not gonna whine against people like you who say lol he finaly he got owned. I mean seriously its a show why so damn serious about a fictional charif neena dies the next ep i forget it the day after.

What i think is sad is that country of setsuna those peopel suffered year after year that hit me more then this incident. This neena thing for me was just a big plot hole to make a story i mean the whole reason of louise and saji was made for this which i already knew was going in this direction which is why it did not have much meaning for me

for me it was L.O.L. Neena you were that bored

Last edited by wtfftw; 2008-02-10 at 16:41.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 16:21   Link #331
Tendou88

I think Hallelujah, Soma, Graham and Ali are the strongest pilot so far..
and Lockon proably best at shooting
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 16:36   Link #332
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm not going to repeat what everyone else said, but this ep was EPIC. the turning point between 00 being a good show to 00 being a great show.

neena is heartless. the way they did the wedding part was so brutal that it shook me. And cheers to Graham for outclassing Johann. He was not caught off guard, as anyone who watched the ep can see.

next ep seems to be just as epic as this one. Michael vs Setsuna.

the Saji x Louise scene was really well done as well. however, if Saji goes Kira on us, i swear to god i will start crying.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 16:38   Link #333
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
what points out to you she is psycho, she did rather on a whip without any feelings for it whatsoever??? Plus i didnt say its cool i just think she is badass to pull something like that its like oooh party boom and im like LOL!!!!
I am fairly certain that suddenly getting urges of blowing up random people because you are bored points at some severe mental problems. Is she a psycho ? Absolutely; i don't really see how this can be argued otherwise. Sociopathy is a form of Psychopathy as well.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "victims of war" or any form of Collateral damage. It is not like a stray shot during a conflict hit the party: she deliberately attacked the wedding. That is not collateral damage in any shape or form: it is massacre, plain and simple. What she did is below terrorists attacking civilians, as those actually carry some intent with them. She was simply bored, and thats it. A white, padded room is exactly the right place for her.
Old 2008-02-10, 16:41   Link #334
Tendou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the Saji x Louise scene was really well done as well. however, if Saji goes Kira on us, i swear to god i will start crying.
I dont mind if Saji goes Kira..BUT if he goes Shin then it sux
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 16:50   Link #335
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Finally something really interesting happens and too bad it's this late into the anime. This episode was great because it really changed the direction in which this anime was going for me.

From the moment they introduced the new Throne pilots, I knew they were going to be trouble especially the younger two of the three siblings. Neena gave off an aura of a spoiled child while the brother was a battle hungry psycho.

Wow, like everyone else I finally understand why Saji and the other civilians were part of this anime. It was such a tragic and powerful scene when we get to see what happens to Louise, her family, and Saji's reaction. They give viewers a whole new perspective to this whole war. True that Louise is kind of a spoiled princess but she's just a normal girl. Poor Louise...
Old 2008-02-10, 16:51   Link #336
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
...i think it would suk if saji goes kira or shin.....it just doesn't feel right......
This is the first time i cheered for Graham Aker......beat up those three trinity sibilings
pcube19622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 17:12   Link #337
mistyken

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiZX View Post
Setsuna killed his mother while he was a member of a group under the commands of Ali Al Sarches. From his flashbacks, we can guess that he and the other children like him were brainwashed with talk about how they were doing "the duty of God." The present-day Setsuna hates Ali Al Sarches and hates the Kurd-Azadistan War, precisely because he was so disllusioned by all the talk of "holy wars" and ending up seeing nothing but suffering.
We cant be sure if those 2 setsuna killed are his parent. I think Ali sent his boy soldiers to a town and murder a bunch of innocent civilian, much like the way Neena carry out her business in eps 18.
mistyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 17:17   Link #338
neoeagle

Unbelievable 10/10

with this pace 00 is gonna be best gundam ever.Go setsuna kill those wanna be gundams. Neena is psychotic but i like her in some ways.hehe
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 17:27   Link #339
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am fairly certain that suddenly getting urges of blowing up random people because you are bored points at some severe mental problems. Is she a psycho ? Absolutely; i don't really see how this can be argued otherwise. Sociopathy is a form of Psychopathy as well.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "victims of war" or any form of Collateral damage. It is not like a stray shot during a conflict hit the party: she deliberately attacked the wedding. That is not collateral damage in any shape or form: it is massacre, plain and simple. What she did is below terrorists attacking civilians, as those actually carry some intent with them. She was simply bored, and thats it. A white, padded room is exactly the right place for her.
The thing what i understand from mdauben he means the "psycho bitch". In the case of neena yes what she did was wrong but thats not cuz of "psycho" as in the sense mdauben. If she was really a psycho i dont see how she could pilot a gundam.

If johan would strait her out she would listen that doenst point out to me that she is psycho. If i would take your psycho as psycho half the pilots would fit that description and i dont think mdbauben meant that while i do agree with you on that indeed the act from a scientific view is psycho. I justd ont think mdbauden said that i think its was cuz of the bitch part with the psycho^^
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 17:28   Link #340
Kaikinisshoku
狂い高天原と来す, 皆既日食

I think this episode just caused the number of Trinity haters to skyrocket......

Johann= noob who lost to a unit maybe two generations behind
Michael= the little psycho kid with anger issues
Nena= b**** with ADD
Kaikinisshoku is offline   Reply With Quote