AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 14:48   Link #14261
KrimzonStriker

Well, as Koshimizu pointed out your subs are a bit whack, and from the correct wording Lelouch was speaking purely about the advantage Rolo gives him in general, not specifically all his abilities which I pointed out were illustrated in his profile report to include proficiency in fire-arms, knives, explosives, etc etc. (which Lelouch does not let Rolo use anyway so that might explain his meaning about his use to him) because even with his Geass its kind of worthless as a tool for assassination unless you actually have the capability to assassinate people in the first place >_>

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2008-06-24 at 15:04.
Old 2008-06-24, 14:54   Link #14262
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, as Koshimizu pointed out your subs are a bit whack, and from the correct wording Lelouch was speaking purely about the advantage Rolo gives him in general, not specifically all his abilities which I pointed out were illustrated in his profile report to include proficiency in fire-arms, knives, explosives, etc etc. (which Lelouch does not let Rolo use anyway so that might explain his meaning about his use to him) because even with his Geass its kind of worthless as a tool for assassination unless you actually have the capability to assassinate people in the first place >_>
Even still, that Geass is probably the only thing going for him when it comes to going up against a trained soldier with various enhancements. Also, Knightmare Frame piloting? Don't make me laugh. As good as the Vincent is, its nothing compared to the Siegfried. Gawain was the only one that could last against it, and even then it couldn't do any damage, not even cosmetic damage.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:02   Link #14263
etothex

I don't think the GEASS would work on Orange anyway. He was fixed up using CC's cells and data and whatnot. I'd more likely believe him immune to GEASS then having a GEASS of his own.

Rolo might be able to put up a fight, but it's a losing battle.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:02   Link #14264
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by etothex View Post
I don't think the GEASS would work on Orange anyway. He was fixed up using CC's cells and data and whatnot. I'd more likely believe him immune to GEASS then having a GEASS of his own.

Rolo might be able to put up a fight, but it's a losing battle.
That's what I was saying earlier.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:03   Link #14265
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I still wonder why you aren't a fansubber.
Yep, she's (one of) the best about translation on this CG forum
Old 2008-06-24, 15:06   Link #14266
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Even still, that Geass is probably the only thing going for him when it comes to going up against a trained soldier with various enhancements. Also, Knightmare Frame piloting? Don't make me laugh. As good as the Vincent is, its nothing compared to the Siegfried. Gawain was the only one that could last against it, and even then it couldn't do any damage, not even cosmetic damage.
Assassin versus soldier, Vincent versus Siegfried. I say we see how this plays out before we make any rash judgments, I have faith in Rolo to at least hold its own. Plus as cool as Gawain was Lelouch and C.C. were not as proficient pilots. I believe Rolo to be a step above in that category so if he and Orange-kun should duke it out I think we'll be in for an interesting match up no matter the result
Old 2008-06-24, 15:11   Link #14267
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Koshimizu's a Girl o.O dam I really should've guessed that...I suck at guessing genders on forums.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:13   Link #14268
Asleep

They said they made him like C.C. so if he is like her, Geass won't work on him. Then how will Rolo fight him? Without Geass? But that's not as much fun, and Orange would easily win then...

What exactly did they mean when they said they tried to recreate C.C.'s powers? Why do they want to recreate her powers? So that he is immune to Geass? Is that the only reason? If he is only immune to Geass what's the difference between him and any other person Lelou has used his Geass on once? I guess, Rolo's power would be useless then. I wonder if he will have any other power...
Old 2008-06-24, 15:14   Link #14269
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They said that they tried to replicate her powers. Immunity to geass would make sense then and perhaps even some regenerative abilities.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 15:19   Link #14270
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
All hail!!

Continuing about the forthcoming mech battle, Siegfried is too broken for Rolo. It's controlled neurally, got fortress defense, has a spin more hax than spinzaku's, and despite its size, can dodge cannon blasts at point blank range. We dunno if it has been upgraded or not either.

Vincent has the power elbow blow, and assuming it is strong enough, i could see Rolo pulling a desperation latch on and strike to de-commission the Sieg, but seriously, Rolo is at a huge disadvangtage.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:25   Link #14271
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been upgraded. It has to have some weakness though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-24, 15:27   Link #14272
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it has been upgraded. It has to have some weakness though.
I think I know of its weakness, though unlikely.

Siegfried is controlled entirely by the mental capacities of its pilot. Disrupt the pilot's mental capacity somehow and you'd have an advantage.

In that regard, Mao would be an EXCELLENT opponent for the Siegfried. Too bad C.C. splattered his brains across the pavement. (that was a jest, I know she aimed at the neck, not the head).
Old 2008-06-24, 15:28   Link #14273
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Aiming for the neck is something a lot of people tend to do in CG...an odd habit.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:28   Link #14274
KrimzonStriker

Quote:

Siegfried is controlled entirely by the mental capacities of its pilot. Disrupt the pilot's mental capacity somehow and you'd have an advantage.

In that regard, Mao would be an EXCELLENT opponent for the Siegfried. Too bad C.C. splattered his brains across the pavement. (that was a jest, I know she aimed at the neck, not the head).
Isn't Jeremiah immune or something to Geass though, which is what you argued about concerning Rolo? >_>
Old 2008-06-24, 15:29   Link #14275
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Isn't Jeremiah immune or something to Geass though, which is what you argued about concerning Rolo? >_>
Yeah, I know. That, however, hasn't been proven yet. We won't really find out until he appears again and Geass is attempted against him.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:36   Link #14276
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Yeah, I know. That, however, hasn't been proven yet. We won't really find out until he appears again and Geass is attempted against him.
Well, should be good anyway. Looking forward to it myself now
Old 2008-06-24, 15:39   Link #14277
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:

If you could overload it or something while it's connected to Jeremiah, then that could cause something like what you described. Of course, this would probably be very hard to accomplish. It has very good shields for the most part and I think Jeremiah is much more accumstomed to his body now then he was a year ago.

Old 2008-06-24, 15:44   Link #14278
etothex

It'll be a good fight for sure. Let's just hope that Rolo doesn't follow Lelouch's example in ep 11, ala busting out "THE POWER OF HEART!" to defeat Siegfried. I don't know if I would survive the facepalm I give myself if that happens.

Also I don't want it to become a shielding extravaganza like ep 11. I didn't particularly enjoy the fighting in that ep since all the attacks against KoR/Zangetsu/Akatsuki weren't really doing anything.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:46   Link #14279
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Eh, it'll be a good old slugfest. Rolo and Jeremiah excel at doing what they do- being soldiers. No 'power of the heart' stuff here.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:48   Link #14280
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, if Rolo's Geass doesn't work, this will be hard for him. He is a good pilot otherwise though, but his Geass is what gives him an edge.

Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers