AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-10-19, 10:20   Link #4341
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think I have cracked.

Today is my second official day at work, and Miss Royale (that FT girl that I pissed off last week) is my trainer again. Of course she accused me of being slow, so I just simply treated her like a Christmas Cake (any accusations or nagging, I simply smile and say "Hm, ok."). As it wears on and the manager joins in, I started going "back to the basics" - everything written in block letters, SAF style (royally pissed her off, she claims that nobody can read that - never dated a guy who served or never dated a guy before?), stopped smiling, and started visual survey in a small music store.

The worst thing is that, one of my jolly loud-mouthed colleagues just went "Hey!" and I almost did a quickdraw (in army terms, reach for the sidearm). I stopped short when I brushed against my pen (clipped to my jeans), but he caught my sharp movement, so I made up an excuse that I almost dropped my pen - the last thing I want to become is a laughingstock for going "Stop or I'll shoot!". And when I was closing up for the day, all the cash calculated seems to follow the mandate of an OCD accountancy team - everything has to be stapled properly, no cursive handwriting, no block letters, 7 cannot be written with a stroke through it (WTF), etc.

After I am out of the army, I am glad I am out. Now after a few months, with my family in a mess, stacked with school projects and an idiot syllabus for a goddamn piece of paper called a Diploma, and this job with "a number one christmas cake princess", I wish I was back pulling guard shifts and passing papers up a bureaucratic ladder - at least the woe can be shared and everyone covers each others' asses.

An ex-commando I once worked with was right - when the shit falls one doesn't rise up to the occasion, he falls back to the basics. And how he has been trained will be how he will move - what a stroke of genius to act like a trooper in a music store.

Should I just quit my job and go back to jumping from one temp to another?

P.S The POS system has been proven to be built by either a retard or the lowest bidder - IT HAS NO REFUND FUNCTION, and it requires one to process the transaction FIRST before keying in the mode of payment (in most systems, it is the other way round)! Which part of the management hired the whiz kid to build such a backward piece of shit?
No.. probably not.. Not yet. I don't know why people think that work needs to be enjoyable, especially with a job like this (I presume its not going to be permanent). Its far more important to get that paycheck. Stick it out I say, things might get better. There really is a period in most jobs with a time of 'Are you serious? This is such shit. Not at all what I signed up for' etc. Whether you're working in a music store or a stock broking firm. Stick it out, and be a little optimistic. Or at the very least find another job before you quit this one
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 14:00   Link #4342
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
Got a question but don't know where I should ask this, so i ask this here.

Is it possibly, that someone can make a good Clan Logo for me, pls?
details per PN...
Old 2010-10-19, 22:38   Link #4343
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Snip
Given that you have both the natural talent of pissing people off and getting piss off by people, there probably wouldn't be much difference in your next temp job.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 23:52   Link #4344
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
How is the word 'anime' pronounced? The way I, and most people I know pronounce it is 'A' (as in the name "Ann"), 'ni' (as in "knitting"), 'me' (as in the month 'May'). I'm just wondering if this is the correct way of pronouncing it.
The only set in stone way is in Japanese, where it's pronounced "ah" (say aah for the doctor) "nee" (bend your knee) "meh" (Meh,men). Other languages will have at the word as they will, as with all loanwords. What you said is how I usually hear the word said in American English.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 23:54   Link #4345
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0raz0r View Post
Is it possibly, that someone can make a good Clan Logo for me, pls?
details per PN...
There are several people in Fan Creations that have made several clan logos for the games they sometimes play. Problem here is that I am uncertain if they would take a request at this time. I do not know if you could post your request at the sig request thread, but that appears to be your best bet without asking some of this people directly.

Do ask a mod in advance if you decide to go that route, btw.
Old 2010-10-20, 05:31   Link #4346
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
The only set in stone way is in Japanese, where it's pronounced "ah" (say aah for the doctor) "nee" (bend your knee) "meh" (Meh,men). Other languages will have at the word as they will, as with all loanwords. What you said is how I usually hear the word said in American English.
Thanks... Now I know
Old 2010-10-20, 16:37   Link #4347
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Given that you have both the natural talent of pissing people off and getting piss off by people, there probably wouldn't be much difference in your next temp job.
Yeah. I find it hard not to piss people off - whether I lie or be honest. I enjoy temps because I don't have to work with people for long periods, the difficult thing is that you have to keep jumping around.

Then again, manipulating them isn't right. So it is a choice of "manipulation" or be honest - most people are simply factose intolerant when it comes to efficiency.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 17:34   Link #4348
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Question:
1/5 of a pie, 1/6 of a pie, and 1/7 of a pie are all placed on a plate! Say you can eat one piece of pie in sixty seconds. If you can eat them all, how many pieces of cake will remain on the plate?
Old 2010-10-20, 17:37   Link #4349
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Question:
1/5 of a pie, 1/6 of a pie, and 1/7 of a pie are all placed on a plate! Say you can eat one piece of pie in sixty seconds. If you can eat them all, how many pieces of cake will remain on the plate?
None. The cake is a lie. There wasn't any in the first place.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 18:16   Link #4350
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

The question contains too much variable data in order to be solved. For example inaccuracy of natural language. I.e. what means "them all" - does it stand for all pieces on the plate, or all pieces that were mentioned in the question (which could represent just a subset of all pieces on the plate). Or "If you can eat" - does it imply that the pie is actually eaten or is it just a hypothetical fact that you are capable of eating the pie but you don't actually do it.

Last edited by Jinto; 2010-10-20 at 19:03.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 19:16   Link #4351
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
The question contains too much variable data in order to be solved. For example inaccuracy of natural language. I.e. what means "them all" - does it stand for all pieces on the plate, or all pieces that were mentioned in the question (which could represent just a subset of all pieces on the plate). Or "If you can eat" - does it imply that the pie is actually eaten or is it just a hypothetical fact that you are capable of eating the pie but you don't actually do it.
You look way to far outside the box... I said "how much cake is left". not pie.
Old 2010-10-20, 19:27   Link #4352
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
So you did, and the answer is probably "the same amount as there was to start with". He has a point though. If you put your question, with irrelevant information removed, you get:
Quote:
...you can eat one piece of pie... If you can eat them all, how many pieces of cake will remain on the plate?
I've highlighted the words that falls into the category Jinto identified. It is not clear, in the question's original presentation, to which object "them" refers. If we assume each sentence stands on its own, "them all" is forward referencing and means "all of the pieces of cake on the plate"; we could remove the irrelevant axiom asserting the reader's pie consumption speed, without altering the question's meaning. If it is backward referencing however, the previous sentence becomes significant, in as much as it clarifies that it is "all of the pies that are on the plate" that are being consumed.

In the former case, "no cake remains", regardless of the initial conditions, because all of the cake is eaten. In the later case, "all of the cake initially present on the plate" remains, as no cake is eaten, again regardless of the initial conditions. Working on the assumption that the second sentence is included because it is important, I conclude that the later is true.

Ask a silly question...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 21:14   Link #4353
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
There are several people in Fan Creations that have made several clan logos for the games they sometimes play. Problem here is that I am uncertain if they would take a request at this time. I do not know if you could post your request at the sig request thread, but that appears to be your best bet without asking some of this people directly.

Do ask a mod in advance if you decide to go that route, btw.
To be honest I think the opposite is better way to go about this. It says specifically in the sig request thread to ask only signatures used in this forum. Clan logo is not a signature, neither it would be used here.

I think you could just go to Fan Creations, go through artist's own threads and find an artist who's style you like and ask them politely if they would take on a request for a clan logo. If they decline, ask someone else. Personally I don't think you should ask at all for a clan logo in AS though as it's well.. not going to be used here.
Old 2010-10-21, 01:55   Link #4354
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Isn't that just another inaccuracy of language. As in, is pie and cake meant to be equivalent (which is possible since pie is a subset of cake) or not.
Old 2010-10-21, 01:57   Link #4355
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It says specifically in the sig request thread to ask only signatures used in this forum. Clan logo is not a signature, neither it would be used here.
Well, I am simply suggesting an alternative. If I request a clan logo with the sig rules in mind, what exactly stops me from using it as both.

I have seen several of the clan logos made here and the dimensions are not that different from sigs in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Personally I don't think you should ask at all for a clan logo in AS though as it's well.. not going to be used here.
This only concerns the request threads per see.

In the past, I have requested wallpapers and drawings and some of those have yet to be used here in either avatars or sigs.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2010-10-21 at 02:23.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:36   Link #4356
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Isn't that just another inaccuracy of language. As in, is pie and cake meant to be equivalent (which is possible since pie is a subset of cake) or not.
Geeeeez. It was a joke. Tsuyoshi got it right. Re-read what thevil1 posted.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 01:13   Link #4357
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Geeeeez. It was a joke. Tsuyoshi got it right. Re-read what thevil1 posted.
Maybe you should know, that I sometimes treat spam as something serious just to make something out of it. Even spam can sometimes have a deeper meaning (typically the spammer doesn't even know about it).
Old 2010-10-23, 09:52   Link #4358
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Maybe you should know, that I sometimes treat spam as something serious just to make something out of it. Even spam can sometimes have a deeper meaning (typically the spammer doesn't even know about it).
That's fair enough, but it was in the Silly question thread
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 10:52   Link #4359
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

If someone happens to know japanese could he tell me what the that purple sport car says at 01:35 ?

Thanks in advance ^^.
Old 2010-10-27, 13:12   Link #4360
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

^^ Sorry I can't help... but this should go in the 'Could Someone Please Translate This?' thread.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious