AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-10, 16:04   Link #181
vampko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
According to the translation notes, there was a lesbian joke related to the fact that the train line is called Yurikamome or Laughing Gull, but there was no way to render it into English.
Well, there may have been a way, but they weren't able to find one. Which is understandable. I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just glad that it wasn't more of my delusions
vampko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 18:29   Link #182
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampko View Post
Yeah that gulls thing didn't sound right. I thought I heard something about lesbians xD
Yuri-Kamome is a name of Black-headed Gull in Japan. It is known by the literary work that this bird was in Tokyo from the 10th century.
It is a cant Yuri (Lilium) indicates a soft lesbian to be. It is the word which occurred spontaneously as an opposite word of gay magazine "Bara-Zoku" (Rose-tribe) which existed once. Please watch Yuru-Yuri about an interpretation.
Kugu has asked whether Yuri-Kamome is Yuri.
mizuki_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:12   Link #183
mizuki_tohru
DameNingen who came back

Joshiraku ep6

1/3 「四枚起承」"Four introduction and development"
Spoiler:

2/3 「武蔵八景」"Eight views of Musashi"
Spoiler:

3/3 「下僕の仇討ち」"A footman's revenge"
Spoiler:

Last edited by mizuki_tohru; 2012-08-12 at 17:29.
mizuki_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:49   Link #184
GundamZZ
残念美人

In the tradition of girl band, or Morning Musume, are they going to recruit new girl? Since they lay off(graduate) one senior member, they can have new girl to fill the stage. Or is it just an act?

お色気担当
Butt naked is becoming Mari's default role. ^_^ What is the deal with her "Mongolian blue spot".

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-08-12 at 19:31.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 23:38   Link #185
Midonin
Last Engage

I'll go in reverse on this one, because the third segment had all the best gags. I never knew a Mongolian spot could be a charm point. It typically goes away by puberty, which would explain why you rarely see it in anime. (It also requires butt shots.) Yet another strike against Marii. The casual tossing aside for Gankyou at her "graduation" was great, too. After watching the K-ON! movie not too long ago, seeing graduation being mocked to hell and back made it extra-special. But not as special as the first thing to get my attention when I looked at episode five pictures a few days ago specifically because the Mongolian spot had been turning up in pixiv fanart and I was curious why people were drawing Marii with a blue spot on her ass.

Sentai parodies.

How I love Sentai parodies and homages and allusions and all manner of referencing. Four man teams are extremely rare, and for some reason people always depict Sentai teams fighting against Shocker troops, which has only happened once. Though combining 美 into the Shocker skeleton design was clever. For once, someone acknowledged the girl in the wrestling mask! A good EEEEEEEEEE! to you.

The second segment was also great, with Marii's bafflement at being stuck in trendy town. I totally get what she's going for. (And how her remark about how "Miyazaki is the best!" prompted a tangent about that Miyazaki.) The random segment of tongue twisters was also great. So often do people talk about buses blowing up, but rarely do they show it.

Which brings us to the first segment, which was all over the place. I was expecting the "Are friends or rakugo more important?" train of thought to hold for longer than it did... but this is Joshiraku, of course it won't. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. With spontaneous musical numbers - my favorite kind of musical numbers. Angel!Kukuru was super cute, and Devil!Marii was actually a little creepy. I can't tell if Marii is the sanest of the five or the most insane at this point; they're all pretty crazy. (Kigu's character song with the limited editions better be death medal. Figures that Marii [in character] can't sing at all.) This show's strange obsession with nipples continues, but I don't have a problem with it. Every show needs a motif.

The admiration I have for this show's dedication to wordplay cann't be emphasized enough.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 00:38   Link #186
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Okay just finished episode five and I loved it to absolutely no end. The 5 wacky girls doing what they do best, as always, making a conversation lose its focus and point to something over the top and creative. My love for this show just keeps increasing each episode, it's just so funny, creative and awesome.

My favourite bit will probably be between the Kukuru's need for "comfort" or the Superhero Skin Sentei Hero part. Mari being tone deaf that's a surprise considering that her seiyuu can actually sing, quite well at that, but a flair for the dramatic definitely makes the entirety of this show. It seems she always as an edge for getting "stripped" all the time, not that I don't mind that. The two segments were both equally amazing to choose, but Kukuru being "happy go lucky" is definitely amusing to watch considering that dark depressive aura she generally gives off most of the time. Mari snapping at the realization of her own tone deafness = priceless.

The Harujuku segment so few Hayao Miyazaki references, nothing much going on but the forceful crepe shoving down Mari's throat was amusing to watch.

Overall awesome episode, and can't wait for the next one.
Old 2012-08-16, 05:12   Link #187
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

>Watching ep 4.
>"There are no NEETs on the moon".
>Laughing my ass off.

BTW, Kigu is adorable.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 07:00   Link #188
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I definitely like Kigu the best just because she listens to heavy metal. I have to say all of them are adorable. I've got to say that almost every time Marii is like a butt of a joke, I feel rather sorry for her. She sometimes probably go overboard with her opinions and is quite impulsive but I gotta say her antic's rather funny.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 08:18   Link #189
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I can't tell if Marii is the sanest of the five or the most insane at this point; they're all pretty crazy.
Tetora. Definitely. She's always the one who goes off on a tangent. Also has the best luck of the group. Marii is just rude, Gan is violent, Kigu is an amazing actress and Kukuru has low self-esteem.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 22:08   Link #190
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Gankyou she just keeps punching people in the face
Old 2012-08-16, 22:20   Link #191
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

<3
Old 2012-08-17, 01:52   Link #192
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I would like to actually see that picture, not a zerochan hotlinking warning.
Old 2012-08-17, 02:06   Link #193
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

You see?
Old 2012-08-17, 05:42   Link #194
moshika

Don't ask any trifling questions!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:05   Link #195
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshika View Post
Zombie moe~
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:51   Link #196
HandofFate

Episode 6 was pretty crazy.
First segment was amusing, if only because Ganyou felt being left out.

The 3rd segment with the election, and last entire space election conclusion again left me speechless at the sheer wackiness of it all.

Marii also once again is the highlight of jokes.
Good joke was also when Teteora went missing, which immediately sent the black haired one into a panic due to Tetora's luck.

Spoiler for image:

NWS?
Spoiler for image:

What's with the bruise on Marii's butt?
Old 2012-08-17, 15:25   Link #197
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Really awesome 6th episode. Poor Gankyou feeling left out, but the 4 people clause does seem logical if you take it into the valid points that were made that segment.

Never knew that Gankyou was a sadist. She can be violent but never pictured her for a sadist, you really do learn something new about a character everyday. Tetora's luck definitely coming into play again during the whole segment.

Anyway great episode and like always this show is just too awesome.

Anyone notice the Pokemon and K-ON references made in this episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Spoiler for image:
Mari's butt getting exposed... again!

Oh well, don't change what works.
Old 2012-08-17, 16:12   Link #198
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
NWS?
Spoiler for image:

What's with the bruise on Marii's butt?
The reason she will never find work in Osaka a mongolian spot

By the way, which prime minister was in ep.6? He looked like Kan Naoto, but the jokes wouldn't make much sense about selling everything, on the other hand being an alien would fit him and Koizumi Junichirou

Last edited by AmeNoJaku; 2012-08-17 at 16:55.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 20:30   Link #199
Miraluka
Banned

Its Aso Tarou, Kumeta likes to joke about him on his mangas.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 20:55   Link #200
novalysis

Episode 6: Gankyou MUST win Saimoe. It's the only election she could plausibly even win.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen