AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 11:25   Link #781
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma-Rii View Post
paint it red, three times the original speed!
This is your captain, Char speaking...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:43   Link #782
Ozuma-Rii
Heya~ I am a Ranka-addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
This is your captain, Char speaking...

- Tak
I see you picked up my reference there... ;D
"Skull 4 calling Macross Fraction. What the hell happened to my Valkyrie's paint scheme?"
"This is your captain speaking. Red has been scientifically proven, through numerous tests, that it is the superior colour in terms of mobility. I strongly advise you keep the paint scheme...." (off-topic)
Old 2012-09-08, 16:06   Link #783
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

First, Macross has never used nukes. The translators for episode 14 screwed up and said nukes. Now I could see bombs but nukes? Never.

Second, the specifics for the islands have always been left out. If you view the whole ship from above, like in episode 1, you can probably piece together what islands do what by the scenery. In my opinion, Macross is all about the things you don't learn.

For me, in my fanfic, I didn't focus too much on those missing specifics because no matter how much research I do, I won't find any specifics for the other islands. So I inserted purposes to the islands based on their view from above in the episodes aired. For instance, I made Island 6 a resort island, for it has beautiful green grass and is covered with buildings, making it appear to be where people would take vacations. Island 12 is the island for celebrities, where Sheryl is currently living in later chapters. The other islands are undecided yet, as I am still taking in their scenery and attaching a purpose to them. But various islands are just for adding supplies back into the ship just like the earth does for us. I know of one military base besides Island 3, and its just under Island 5 (shown in episode 17). Island 1 is the mainland, the home.

As far as I know in the discussion of islands, Island 1 being split with part of Shanghai was mentioned in the movie, Tak.
Old 2012-09-08, 16:38   Link #784
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Sheryl has a lot of real estate, thats pretty much all I can say... We've never been given specifics of her finances. But seeing how she is rich enough to hire out an entire carrier task force...

- Tak
LOL Yeah. I saw that in the first movie too.

Thanks for the assist though.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 08:22   Link #785
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Religion Island: ヘブン (Heaven from Macross 7: Trash). This ship is shaped like a cross.

- Tak
Er... It's a cemetery, not a "religion island."
Old 2012-09-14, 09:06   Link #786
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Er... It's a cemetery, not a "religion island."
Remember, I am excused of all mistakes by default treating anything 7-related

But goes back reading Trash... well shit...

That makes a lot of difference, doesn't it?

LOL, forgive me, memory fades.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-09-14 at 10:03.
Old 2014-12-03, 20:48   Link #787
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Need to ask regarding the Macross 30th anniversary game on the specifics of the incident that led to eventual hostilities between Leon and Rod.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 16:24   Link #788
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've just finished marathoning Macross Frontier. Do the movies add something? Feels like somethings did not conclude
Old 2016-01-15, 16:27   Link #789
Tak

There are 2 movies, the second movie Wings of Goodbye is considered as the conclusion.

- Tak

Old 2016-01-15, 17:29   Link #790
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
There are 2 movies, the second movie Wings of Goodbye is considered as the conclusion.

- Tak
Thanks, I'll check it
Old 2016-07-13, 06:08   Link #791
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Hey, anyone remembers the name of the fighter Gramia piloted during the flashback videos?
Anyone has some info snippet on it, BTW?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 07:22   Link #792
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Hey, anyone remembers the name of the fighter Gramia piloted during the flashback videos?
Anyone has some info snippet on it, BTW?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sv-154, inspired by the F-104, it was Windermere's mainstay variable fighter seen from 2058 to 2060 in both Keith manga prequel side story and in Macross Delta.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 05:09   Link #793
charles883

Do you think decentralization of NUNS cause more problem or create whole new problem in NUNS?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 07:26   Link #794
magnuskn

Oh, hey, Mr. "NUNS are literally Hitler" is back.
Old 2017-12-23, 19:41   Link #795
charles883

I'm not saying that okay. I ask this question because after decentralization, whole lot of rogue faction appear such as Macross Galaxy faction, Havamal and NUNS faction who use illegal WMD on Windermere and cover up.

To me by decentralization, cause whole new set of problem. I wondering how fromtier to Delta timeline would be like if NUNS remained centralized government?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a