AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-28, 17:20   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Character Discussion - Kogami Shinya

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kogami Shinya related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Psycho-Pass fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-30, 01:18   Link #2
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I like Kougami He is intelligent and strong (there have not been inspector for nothing) in any case since the latest installment has learned a little more about him and I'm happy.
I wonder how will his clash against Shougo
:x
Old 2012-11-30, 01:35   Link #3
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
One of the hottest bad ass characters this season... reminds me of Cowboy Bebop's MC
Old 2012-11-30, 01:45   Link #4
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I wonder if one day when he found and "avenge" his friend ... I wonder if his psycho-pass revert to light blue and then re-become a inspector ?
Old 2012-11-30, 17:47   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This guys pretty much the guy at the moment. I don't think they'd have solved a single case without his intuition.
Old 2012-11-30, 18:04   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

At first glance, I thought he's going to be a tsundere. But after seeing him throughout the show's beginning, I was pleasantly surprised. He was such a nice guy with a strong sense of justice, despite being both a latent criminal and an Enforcer himself. I can foresee some hints about his past, but I can't wait to learn a lot more about his character development.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-11-30, 18:10   Link #7
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kogami is the good kind of bad ass.

Spoiler for Kogami moment of bad ass from latest episode:

On the other hand, he shows warmth (to Akane, and even a bit to Gino) and just the right amount of professionalism. He's a bad ass with a heart and style.

And yeah, like Kaioshin said, it helps that he has great detective skills.
Old 2012-11-30, 19:41   Link #8
Kirarakim

Although I like my male Tsunderes (and Seki Tomokazu is quite apt at playing them) I am glad he isn't that type of character.

He's an adult and is intelligent, experienced & mature. That being said I am sure he has his weaknesses and Makishima will try to bring them out.

But it is always pleasant having this type of adult character in anime.
Old 2012-11-30, 21:41   Link #9
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It is very refreshing that someone with Kougami's past didn't throw away all his analytical skills and proceed to go crazy once a 'maybe' plastination linked to his past popped out. Kougami solved the case with absolute professionalism and skills. Kudos
Old 2012-12-02, 17:43   Link #10
Bern-san

I was surprised at his personality, especially the way he treats Akane. From his looks I thought he would be very mean and just tell her how inexperienced or useless she is.
Really like his character and we'll see how he's going to evolve after getting Makishima's attention
Old 2012-12-05, 22:14   Link #11
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I was surprised at his personality, especially the way he treats Akane. From his looks I thought he would be very mean and just tell her how inexperienced or useless she is.
That's what I expected as well (especially considering she shot him with a super taser in the very first episode ) so it's rather nice to see he's not actually that cold. Although the fact that he tends to run off and almost ruin things does worry me, I can see that ending badly in the future.
Old 2013-03-19, 21:41   Link #12
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kogami is the good kind of bad ass.

Spoiler for Kogami moment of bad ass from latest episode:

On the other hand, he shows warmth (to Akane, and even a bit to Gino) and just the right amount of professionalism. He's a bad ass with a heart and style.

And yeah, like Kaioshin said, it helps that he has great detective skills.
This. Such an awesome character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
That's what I expected as well (especially considering she shot him with a super taser in the very first episode ) so it's rather nice to see he's not actually that cold.
Could not agree more with both of you. I was so glad that he turned out to be awesome like that.

Also, while he's generally more serious than Spike, he sure does have his moments, like I believe ep 13 or so where he tells the group how he got out of the infirmary early and then takes it back as a joke , and a number of other times spread throughout various eps.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2013-03-19 at 21:56.
Old 2014-02-18, 00:37   Link #13
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

While Shinya wasn't a Gary Stu by any means (he's been outfought and outplayed on several occasions), he was much more of a driving force in this series than Akane, and his mentorship over her helped her accomplish what little development she received. The pull-and-tug relationship they share as partners is more or less in Shinya's favor, as he is an all around better detective and his proactive method of dealing with criminals proves to be much more effective than Akane's milquetoast attitude and girlscout morals.

If you want me to be honest, it was kind of painful to watch Akane get in Shinya's way over and over, only for him to finally shake her off and do things his way anyway. He really didn't learn anything from her, and given her several major failures, I suppose that is a good thing.
Old 2019-07-25, 11:36   Link #14
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Has Urobuchi or anybody from the staff ever explained any inspirations he had when making the character? The only thing I know is the book Heart of Darkness by Conrad but I found nothing else. Considering how he acts in season 1, I expected a certain Western film involving cops but I was told of a certain book written by the late Russian Fyodor.
Closed Thread