AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-09, 02:34   Link #21
babbito2k
annoying white bat

DwArD-->Edit your first post - put spoiler tags on it.

This characters in this show seem like comic-book superheroes. The fact that they are in control of their full power at all times makes them seem different from a lot of the usual anime types.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 22:40   Link #22
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
Personally i loved the series. Admittedly the story of the week formula that they use for the first 8 or 9 eps isn't the best, i still enjoyed them since the characters are excellent. About 80% of the people who say the series sucked never made it past the first few eps (at least the people i have talked to) although its possible that this just isn't the type of series they like. Overall if you like sci-fi with excellent character design and a good story (once it gets going at least) then chances are you will enjoy this.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 06:45   Link #23
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Kinda agree with BanditKing here:

First part (eps 1-10 or so) -- so-so.
Second part (rest) -- very good.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 09:19   Link #24
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I recently finished watching the series. I'd say it WAS pretty good, but it lost points due to the story being all over the god damn place at times. But I liked the characters and I think a few of those episodes were very good, but allthough it did pick up in the second half, I thought it could have been "picked up" in a much more streamlined way... the ending seemed a bit random and crap imo, allthough still okay at the same time... hmm.

Overall: Good series, 'though you could perhaps spend your cash on something better...
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 14:11   Link #25
Rias

Kiddy Grade Question

I've got a question about kiddy grade, I've watched it some time ago but I don't remember correctly, and recently me and my friend got into a discussion:

That if there is any sort of romance in Kiddy Grade

I stated that lumiere is into the suitcase guy, as there was a scene with them hugging on top of the GOTT building or something. However, I cannot remember correctly when the scene happened or what happened preceding or after.

Can someone give me some info regarding that scene?
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:30   Link #26
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
I've got a question about kiddy grade, I've watched it some time ago but I don't remember correctly, and recently me and my friend got into a discussion:

That if there is any sort of romance in Kiddy Grade

I stated that lumiere is into the suitcase guy, as there was a scene with them hugging on top of the GOTT building or something. However, I cannot remember correctly when the scene happened or what happened preceding or after.

Can someone give me some info regarding that scene?
I am pretty sure that the girl who is hugging the suitcase guy on the top of some building is his partner, or something like that. She is not lumiere.
You will see her again in the final ep, with a group of people. She is rather minor character, as I recall.

I didn't catch that part at first, either. But I thought she was Eclare (sp?) because her hair colr did not match lumiere's.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 07:44   Link #27
koki_2706

That girl is Pfeilspitze, who is actually the revived Mercredi (Eclipse's bispectacled secretery) who died in episode 15. It seems that she has been working with Armbrust (the suitcase guy) for sometime, acting as a spy in GOTT...
koki_2706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 13:14   Link #28
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
i saw all but the last 3 episodes of kiddy grade along long time ago could someone tell me how it ends for 3 episodes its not worth ordering but i do want to know how it ended.
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 05:28   Link #29
Mr.Minou

erm...sorry to bring up this old thread (well 10 days is not that old ) but I have a question regarding the end of Kiddy Grade...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mr.Minou; 2004-04-14 at 07:04.
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 15:10   Link #30
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Minou
erm...sorry to bring up this old thread (well 10 days is not that old ) but I have a question regarding the end of Kiddy Grade...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:10   Link #31
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by suires
Spoiler:
ooooooooooook thank you
Old 2004-04-14, 19:10   Link #32
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Minou
ooooooooooook thank you
You are welcome!
I just finished watching this series last week. My friend lent me his copy.

Now I cant wait for the DVDs to complete. It's in my shopping list now.
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 02:46   Link #33
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by suires
You are welcome!
I just finished watching this series last week. My friend lent me his copy.

Now I cant wait for the DVDs to complete. It's in my shopping list now.

same here
Old 2004-07-16, 03:15   Link #34
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Question Kiddy Grade questions *spoilers*

well, it seems the series has left many things unexplained? First what are the ES people? I think ES stands for Encounter of Shadow-work... but what does that mean? Are they aliens? or technologically enhanced humans? Also I think somewhere in the official website it says ES abilities are hereditary? They are immortals right (I think it said something like they don't age)?

And then I don't quite understand some of the ES people's abilities... what's Eclair's awakened G-Class Power ability? In C-Class it's superman-like strength and speed, but in G-Class I've seen her forming black spheres melting doors, shooting black bullets, forming shining spears... what's that ability supposed to be? Also what are Sinistra and Dextra's abilities? I think from the official site it says they are the strongest ES pair, and they have some abilities with cool names like "Whenever" and "Anywhere", but I've never seen them using any special abilities. Also what's Armblast and his partner's abilities? (Armblast's ability seems to be pulling anything out of that suitcase?)

Lastly what are Un-ou, A-ou, Sinistra and Dextra doing at the end of the series? Are they watching the sun? Or are they watching the remains of Deucalion?

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-07-16 at 08:04.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 09:32   Link #35
dreamless

hmm... so no one knows the answers? and are all ES members immortal or just the GOTT ES members plus Armblast and his partner?
Old 2004-08-06, 16:40   Link #36
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

pretty old thread but I would like an answer to dreamless' questions as well....anybody got an idea? Oh and what is Deucalion?
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 16:50   Link #37
dreamless

Deucalion is that Atlas class starship which was taken over by Alv and destroyed in the end.

The name Deucalion comes from the Greek mythology equivalent of Noah, who built an ark when Deus decided to purge humanity with a great flood.
Old 2004-08-09, 19:06   Link #38
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Disk 6 and 7?

Anyone know when these are going to be released?

Disk 5 ends with them attacking **** but according to kiddygrade.com there are roughly 7 episodes left. I checked Ebay but they only have up to disk 5

Anyknow know a spoiler site? I HATE waiting to find out how it turns out..hehe
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:48   Link #39
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Kiddy Grade is awsome. Discuss

I was a little late in getting this series. But I finally decided to check it out, and it was worth it. Another beautiful job by Gonzo. So bright and colorful and Eclair's character design is just... wow. Gorgeous. I <3 her.

Anyway, the plot trips up here and there, and for some reason there was a fight seen in one episode where they used still frames and jerked around the camera to illustrate the battle. Kind of like those cheesy comicbook-type scenes you might see as a parody in a cartoon, or in an old live action Batman episode or something. This only happened, once in the entire series, so it doesn't hurt the show, but I'm baffled as to why they did that.

The fanservice is always there(the design itself of Eclairs body is more fanservice than in a lot of shows), but I didn't think it detracted from the quality of Kiddy Grade. Although, it's funny when there's a panty shot during a serious battle, or even a nude scene during what I thought was a major point in the series. I won't say that I didn't enjoy teh fanservice though .

Overall, I liked this show a whole lot. The animation is really good. Most of the music is decent, but not outstanding, however the last few episodes have two awsome instrumentals, "Soar Up" and "Anger." They are really powerful in the context of whats going on as the music is playing. As I said before, the plot gets wierd in certain spots, and downright confusing since they leave certain things open for a while, and don't explain everything fully. But I think it was a unique story, and definitely FUN to watch.

Kiddy Grade really kept a smile on my face throughout most of the series, and I got so attatched to Eclair that certain events which I won't talk about(wink wink) made me kind of hold my breath. That's the bottom line. Check it out if you haven't seen it!
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:22   Link #40
Cyz
"Show it to me"

oh! i love kiddy grade. it has nice storyline too! yes, there were some fanservices but nothing too exposed. story-wise, it starts off real slow but it gets interesting from later episodes. i like eclair too, especially her second body .

--> btw, this is the first anime series i ever completed.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote