AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-27, 10:38   Link #221
Lucian

You're welcome. Though to be honest it is more of a preview than a real translation.
Plus besides the need for a more skilled translator, some editing here and there is most appreciated.
(Added 5 more pages)

I will probably add more this Sunday.

Last edited by Lucian; 2009-01-29 at 17:01.
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 01:23   Link #222
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia
Anti-Britannia Rebel God

... if the manga goes toward a RinxShirou ending, I'm going to burn the manga with fire while pouring gasoline on it...
Lelouch*Vi*Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 02:10   Link #223
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

What's wrong with Rin and Shirou? They make a pretty good pairing to me, like Kanshou and Bakuya.

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 07:45   Link #224
Lucian

As for me any pairing is okay...except SaberxShirou...but only because Saber's has already been done in the anime and it would be down right cliche if it happens again. I'll be damned if it goes to that direction again.

Also the translations for Pages 16 - 20 are done.

And speaking of Saber. Having Lancer become the sparring partner of Shirou in Chapter 37 rather than Saber was a good call.
Old 2009-02-01, 15:23   Link #225
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
What's wrong with Rin and Shirou? They make a pretty good pairing to me, like Kanshou and Bakuya.
Exactly, some people just can't handle a balanced pairing rather than the master-servant sort...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 14:47   Link #226
DarkHonour

Perhaps the master-servant pairing sounds more exotic than a master-master pairing. And so there are more fans supporting the former than the latter probably. =P
DarkHonour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 15:36   Link #227
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHonour View Post
Perhaps the master-servant pairing sounds more exotic than a master-master pairing. And so there are more fans supporting the former than the latter probably. =P
A master-master pairing is just more satisfying storywise IMO...
Old 2009-02-02, 17:35   Link #228
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Just read chapter 37. Shirou is on his way to become like Archer.

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 18:25   Link #229
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I've only got the first volume on hand and read a little farther online. Does it follow any specific route, because it doesn't seem to.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 19:47   Link #230
Lucian

It mostly follows the UBW route but with some significant changes from the said UBW game route.
Old 2009-02-03, 10:12   Link #231
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Just read chapter 37. Shirou is on his way to become like Archer.
It is an interesting way to show Shirou picking up Archer's techniques in a different fashion.
Old 2009-02-06, 15:07   Link #232
Dark Mage

I want a shirouxsaber ending because I love Saber and the Anime ending was bad as Saber leaves at the end and so I was hoping for a happier ending in the manga like Saber confesses but still stays with Shirou which is highly unlikely as all the games from this game developer ends in tragic endings where the lovers have to seperate at the end, like Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Melty Blood.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:01   Link #233
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I want a shirouxsaber ending because I love Saber and the Anime ending was bad as Saber leaves at the end and so I was hoping for a happier ending in the manga like Saber confesses but still stays with Shirou which is highly unlikely as all the games from this game developer ends in tragic endings where the lovers have to seperate at the end, like Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Melty Blood.
Well the anime only used one of the numerous endings in the game, so I'm hoping the manga continues down its own path. I've always loved how flexable Fate/Stay Night is in its material that there is always some alternate story being told.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 05:01   Link #234
Lucian

Finally my (Not so good) translation of Chapter 36 is done!!!

And after translating, it just confirms my suspicions that Shirou's future is bleak, filled with pain, torment and...to be Rin's guinea pig...which is probably the main cause of all the former. And for the record my translation is not enough to convey how pissed Shirou.

I will now start translating Chapter 37.
Old 2009-02-09, 19:25   Link #235
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
Finally my (Not so good) translation of Chapter 36 is done!!!

And after translating, it just confirms my suspicions that Shirou's future is bleak, filled with pain, torment and...to be Rin's guinea pig...which is probably the main cause of all the former. And for the record my translation is not enough to convey how pissed Shirou.

I will now start translating Chapter 37.
I'm curious how is that so in the story, Shirou did after all take one of Rin's gems in one route to open up his magic circuits as a case in point, and whatever pain and torment couldn't possibly compare with all the stuff that happened in HF route.
Old 2009-02-09, 19:47   Link #236
Lucian

Ignoring the horrible truths of HF aside. (Good point though)

I was just thinking that if it would end into a shirouxrin ending...Shirou will live the rest of his life in a humorous tsundere Hell. It does not actually show in the story (I think). It just sort off dawned on me...especially after I remembered that she at one point tried to disable him (take him out) from the war through any means necessary. But that's just me^^

Sorry if my comment has misled anyone when it comes to the storyline in the manga and stuff.
Old 2009-02-09, 20:40   Link #237
Dark Mage

Rin defintely likes Shrou and would not want to see him hurt if she could help it
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 08:49   Link #238
Lucian

Uhm I know that this is probably against the rules but does anyone have a high quality scan of chapter 37. Unfortunately some of the pages in my scan which I just acquired from the net kanji wise are unreadable...so some pages are untranslatable sadly. I would really appreciate it if someone could help on this matter.
Old 2009-02-14, 09:01   Link #239
Solafighter
Hige

Question: Do only Mangas of Fate/Stay Night excist or are there some novels, too?
Old 2009-02-14, 09:34   Link #240
Lucian

There is a light novel FATE/ZERO which is the prequel to the game/anime/manga and tells the story of the 5th Holy Grail War that was never fully explained in the game.

Tags
action, shounen