Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-07, 00:02   Link #1
munia

Post i am looking for a good anime with this criteria:

i am looking for a good anime with this criteria:

preferably fantasy or supernatural or something like that setting

do not hace a lot of romance (important)

either the one above or NO ROMANCCE WHATSOEVER

can be rare anime...

non ECCI OR HAREM AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!

can be a bit bloddy but not rivers of blood...

NOT HORROR/TRAGEDY/DEPRESSING

Thank you for your time!

Also maybe something like Natsume Yuujinchou...
Old 2009-02-07, 00:15   Link #2
blewin

Have you seen Mushishi? It's the only anime that exudes the similar feeling to Natsume.

Scrapped Princess - fantasy setting, more on sibling love rather than romance.
Old 2009-02-07, 00:56   Link #3
saravis

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi is pretty good, supernatural fantasy with an Alice in Wonderland like feel. No ecchi, no romance, and no blood.
Old 2009-02-07, 03:39   Link #4
blewin

I forgot to add Slayers, fantasy setting with only a very tiny bit of romance.
Old 2009-02-07, 03:46   Link #5
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I can't help but make the suggestion of Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away, Tonari no Totoro... xD
Old 2009-02-07, 04:37   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Sora Kake Girl.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-02-07, 09:44   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora and its precedessor, the licensed Someday's Dreamers, are "slice-of-life" shows about young women with magic powers attending a school for mages in Tokyo. I haven't finished Sora yet, so I don't know whether the hints of a possible romance are fulfilled, but otherwise they both might fit the bill.

A couple of other shows you might look into are Asatte no Houkou and Ghost Hound. The former is another slice-of-life show that begins with a supernatural event. Ghost Hound mixes the supernatural with psychology and brain science. Not much romance in either show, though the main character in Ghost Hound develops a crush on a young girl.

If you're open to a "magical girl" show, I'd recommend the excellent Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu, released in R1 as Tweeny Witches.
Old 2009-02-07, 13:07   Link #8
ArianaChaz
Charcoal Feather Brigade

Read or Die the OVA. Definitely supernatural, short but long enough to tell the full story and still be awesome, no romance whatsoever.

I also second Mushishi for you.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:56   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

xxxHOLIC, despite the xxx there's little to no romance and it's your everyday yokai fix.
Other than that, your criteria are very hard to meet...nearly all anime have romance:S
Old 2009-02-09, 22:13   Link #10
munia

thank you all! and as for romance well there can be some romance but just relly like VERY subtile undertones of it...
Old 2009-02-09, 23:08   Link #11
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I am not sure if it meet the ''NOT HORROR/TRAGEDY/DEPRESSING'' criteria, but Kino no Tabi meet all the others. And I second Mushishi.
Old 2009-02-10, 01:19   Link #12
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I'll venture out and suggest Utawarerumono. Its a feudal piece with aino influence about a man with no memory trying to find is place in the world--it is also high fantasy, every character except the main character is part animal. There's certainly romance but it's very subtle, almost like a subplot at most throughout the story which makes it feel more natural. It has a range of emotions but no theme really--there's happy times, and really sad ones--I think they were trying to portray real life in that way. The fighting does show alittle blood but never excessive amounts. There's certainly a fair number of female characters, but they aren't linked to the main character romantically.
Old 2009-02-10, 13:51   Link #13
4Tran

If you're looking for a fantasy series with no romance, Twelve Kingdoms fits your description to a T. It's a relatively serious look at an extremely well-crafted world with a good mixture of the fantastic and the mundane. There's great characterization, great dialogue, decent action, and even well-done philosophy and politics. There are some dark elements in Twelve Kingdoms, but they flow fairly naturally from the setting, and the show in general is more uplifting than depressing. I can't recommend this show highly enough.
Old 2009-02-10, 15:29   Link #14
Shadow Kira01

The only one I can think of that isn't mentioned yet would be Shounen Onmyouji.
Old 2009-02-10, 15:35   Link #15
Hae jung
kuukyo naru sabishisa

Kino No tabi is absolutely amazing, though it is a little saddish, you should check it out.
Closed Thread