AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 15:28   Link #81
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

The trailer looks really good. I'm really looking forward to this even more now.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 15:35   Link #82
pampz21
ShipCore

wow...it give a creepy vibe than the manga! well i been waitin for this its one of my must watch fall series....and Yakumo's red eyes looks cool

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 22:10   Link #83
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Hot damn, dat trailer. was soo awesome and dat music. That music was really cool there, I can't wait for this to come out!
Old 2010-09-17, 06:09   Link #84
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Wow, cool trailer. That, and from the first taste of looking at the manga for a bit, it seems I'll be watching this series for sure next season. Looking at the episode listing of one case per week (hopefully it won't be too rushed, but I suppose they can cut some parts with no problem) as well as the fact of the word 'psychic' on the title, I'm not expecting a Fair Play Whodunnit here. A bit disappointing for me, but the mystery will still be there, so it's still good. Can't wait for 3rd of October!
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 10:40   Link #85
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Anime is darker than I expected which is quite nice . Not that fond of featured track must be the stereo sound . Like the character designs so far .

The promo art seems like a ripped off . Lulu Anyone ?

Old 2010-09-19, 10:51   Link #86
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Anime is darker than I expected which is quite nice . Not that fond of featured track must be the stereo sound . Like the character designs so far .

The promo art seems like a ripped off . Lulu Anyone ?

The promo art is an anime-styled version of the cover art from book 2 which was published in 2005 before Code Geass debuted in 2006.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 12:17   Link #87
pampz21
ShipCore

well anyone can think that the most time they see that is Lulu....and they always think that everytime they are remember Lulu they think its copied from CG but that novel or manga first came out than CG!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 23:14   Link #88
taco

Don't like the whole red colored eye thing. Why couldn't it be like a geass or a sharingan? Iunno.
taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 15:21   Link #89
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco View Post
Don't like the whole red colored eye thing. Why couldn't it be like a geass or a sharingan? Iunno.
Maybe it's related to the necklace. Trailer looks great.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:50   Link #90
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Nice, the trailer looks good - totally can't wait to see this series. I hope it'll be longer than the 13 or so episodes it's slated for.

That scene in the trailer, with the woman wearing the red necklace, looked like she was choking a child? A glimpse into Yakumo's past maybe? Gah, can't wait to delve into the mysteries and make predictions. This will so remind me of the GH thread, I'm sure.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 12:16   Link #91
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Just watched the first episode!!! It's realy, really, really good! Wow.

Both seiyuus (Yakumo's and Haruka's) are fantastic.

The story is a little bit different from the manga (both versions) and the novel, but that makes it even better.

And I gotta say the BGMs are awesome!!! Love the OP and ED!!!
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 18:53   Link #92
fukarming

The story is very different, they cut most of the mystery stuff to fit one case per episode. Given that Psychic detective Yakumo is never very strong in terms of mystery, it is not too bad a move.

The good point is that it is alot more creepier in the anime than in the manga. The director really knows how to make animation have an impact on the viewers.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 20:41   Link #93
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Just saw the first episode raw. I can't understand a single thing they said but I wasn't blown away by it. It wasn't too bad but I felt it was a bit rushed.
Spoiler for ep1 raw:

Yakumo is total eye-candy though! <3 This series could probably develop better if it was longer than 13 episodes but then I probably shouldn't judge until I watch a few more episodes (...and actually understand them. )

BGM is very good. As well as Haruka's and Yakumo's seiyuu. Ono Deisuke fits Yakumo perfectly. <3

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 04:20   Link #94
MidnightReverie
Senior Lurker

Don't think it was a bad move to have the focus on Yakumo and Haruka rather than rehash that story to detail. I read/seen multiple versions of the locked room story (read: it bores me now), but the anime still managed to be "fresh" and engage me.

I'm looking forward to hear more of the soundtrack. What I've heard from the OP and the episode this could be a really good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Spoiler for ep1 raw:
Spoiler for about that..:
MidnightReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 19:25   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2010-10-04, 21:09   Link #96
chickdigger802

Strong character design.

Really weak mystery plot.

I've been keeping up with detective conan forever so this stuff is especially weak =)

But the premise has potential I guess.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:58   Link #97
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hope the mystery aspect of it gets more complicated...also I must say, I couldn't really relate to the main girl at all. Just not enough time/room for development, just happened too fast, so I didn't really care for her that much. Meh.

Not too sure what to expect out of this, but the ending of this first episode did set this up for some more interesting stuff, so I'll give it a few more episodes to see how this thing goes.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 23:26   Link #98
iceyfw

the only thing i kept thinking about is... how short that skirt was on that girl the whole time and if the ladies in japan really wear it that short (probably not but a few inches lower)

that was how totally bored i was watching. i am sure i read two cases from the manga adaption months ago so nothing was new to me this episode.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 01:44   Link #99
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Worked for me. Loved the understatement of the two main characters, and the nice, spacious feel of things. I'm not in this for the plot, so the simplicity of it didn't bother me. More like gave me a classic feeling. Particularly liked the OP, but liked the ED, too. Had no idea OnoD would sing that style of music.

This may not hold me long, but I loved ep1. For me, the time just flew by.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 03:01   Link #100
Sinn
Pwnage

Hmm which part of the music onoD sang, because I can't tell I rly like the OP

I think it felt rushed since the manga had more comedy elements and flashed out the characters even more. In here however, Yakumo is just so...bland, and so is the girl -_-

Boring episode imo, hope it will improve in the future.

Tags
drama, seinen, supernatural