AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 23:02   Link #2161
sayde

I could see Unohana's past being general knowledge amongst the Gotei 13. Afterall, it would definitely further explain why everyone is very quick to listen to her and show fear towards her (even those in Squad 11). Besides, how could you have a former reputation for being the most diabolical criminal ever and not have anyone know about you? One would think the rumors that would stem from such a tainted past alone would prevent it from becoming a complete secret. If anything, I'd imagine that the reason no one had ever talked about it before is because

1.) Kubo didn't create a situation or circumstance for a character to bring up her past (until now)
2.) Her past could be regarded as a taboo topic for open discussion making it the sort of issue you'd eventually hear about in secret but you'd also know not to press the issue too much (perhaps out of respect for Unohana and the new repuation the Gotei 13 has taken over a millennium to build).

Of course, I could be completely wrong. And I probably am. But we'll see.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 23:25   Link #2162
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I could see Unohana's past being general knowledge amongst the Gotei 13. Afterall, it would definitely further explain why everyone is very quick to listen to her and show fear towards her (even those in Squad 11). Besides, how could you have a former reputation for being the most diabolical criminal ever and not have anyone know about you? One would think the rumors that would stem from such a tainted past alone would prevent it from becoming a complete secret. If anything, I'd imagine that the reason no one had ever talked about it before is because

1.) Kubo didn't create a situation or circumstance for a character to bring up her past (until now)
2.) Her past could be regarded as a taboo topic for open discussion making it the sort of issue you'd eventually hear about in secret but you'd also know not to press the issue too much (perhaps out of respect for Unohana and the new repuation the Gotei 13 has taken over a millennium to build).

Of course, I could be completely wrong. And I probably am. But we'll see.
yes maybe ... but I still think that only a minority throughout the Soul Society and Gotei 13 know the past Unohana .... (especially the most ancient ...)
Old 2013-01-19, 14:08   Link #2163
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think there's a reason that low level shinigami who don't work under her have been shown to be terrified of her in the past, or at the very least didn't want to cross her. This suggests to me that there is, like sayde said, an underlying knowledge or rumour of her past. She's part of SS legend in the same way that Yamaji was and Kenpachi is.

But rumours are only rumours. Chiaki chan has a point too - only the higher ups or those who've been around SS long enough would know the true extent of Unohana's past. I would argue that those working under her, even her VC, don't know the whole truth.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:36   Link #2164
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

yes and I confess to having a concern ... Kubo said that Unohana show the true form of his zanpakuto ... shikai and bankai so? I hope it will not be for this fight, "training" against zaraki ... because after that Kyoraku said that one of the two may die ... if it is used bankai and ect then she will everything shown and Unohana die against zaraki will be easy for Kubo ...

and so I hope Unohana never show his shikai and bankai in battle BUT is in a fight against an ... quincy!!!
Old 2013-01-21, 22:19   Link #2165
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Oddly, my first reading, I did not get the impression that they are done their respective injuries. Probably put on the account of my idea of ​​the timeline.
But if that was the case, and I know that many are reluctant to this distinction, I propose the idea of ​​a common measure (or even superiority Zaraki) on the reiatsu.

We are told that Yachiru going to learn and master all styles of combat. So very large caliber. Difficult to ignore the warning and block all feints. Moreover, controlling all fighting styles existing clear combat experience quite exceptional, even a science, an art. It must be a character in Bleach Knowledgeable combat, warfare and the art of killing.
And so far, we have not seen her reitasu, we only assume.
Personally, I maintain that perfect technique and reitasu Captain "normal" enough to either make someone superior to others. Attention, I says that she has a normal reiatsu, just that even if that were the case, his knowledge of combat would make it one of the most powerful.

On the other hand, it was Kenpachi who has his reitasu and exceptional reflexes.

And personally, I see the sheer force break (with a huge chance) technique Unohana to inflict injury. Even more serious is injury, narcissistic. (Because in no doubt, as a criminal she should be very proud).

What makes me say this (this is not my Kenpachisme)

- Ichigo VS Kenpachi: it is the first to have it inflicted a wound, even beating him for ages. After that he meets. It could be a repetition, a tribute to his fight against Yachiru.

- Shunsui announcement, even if it is to be taken lightly, as one of them will die. So how can we say that, if Kenpachi is so inferior to Unohana as a child? I'm not after a long drive he could not rise to his level. But it was not time for a long workout! Shunsui takes this as an urgent decision. So a quick and urgent. If there was such a difference in level, a training bah all captains Unohana and hop coming up pronto. But no, there's that Kenpachi is named. It may therefore be the one to take advantage of this training. To return to the threat of death and emergency Kenpachi must have the means to survive even when the training and worse to compete with Unohana. This is what makes me say that it is only possible if their Reiatsu is equivalent, see higher than Zaraki. So he could be a threat to yachiru and ally fast Shunsui.

-The mockery of Yachiru, for me it means "your reiatsu is balèze, you surprised me, I was too presumptuous (presumption killer?) But now that I'm aware, I'll be careful and you 'll have to find something else that your reiatsu to survive. gonna have you pierce my defense. "

- I remain faithful to my theory of power-ups to make him gain more control of its reitasu (by increasing without increase largely) by the technique.
Old 2013-01-22, 23:53   Link #2166
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

SPOIL:

This chapter mainly talks about Unohana and Kenpachi
Unohana left a letter to Isane, Kenpachi left a pentagon shape thing to Yachiru
Isane cries, Yachiru went silent
The second part of chapter is all about Unohana and Kenpachi killing each other, at the moment. Currently, Kenpachi was in disadvantage

end.

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-01-23 at 00:36.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 00:17   Link #2167
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
SPOIL:

Unohana left a letter to Isane, Kenpachi left a pentagon shape thing to Yachiru (don't know what is that. Need someone to explain =-=)
The second part of chapter is all about Unohana and Kenpachi killing each other, at the moment. Currently, Kenpachi was in disadvantage

end.
That's his eyepatch he left for Yachiru.

Also apparently, Unohana did something to make Kenpachi immortal when they first meet.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 00:20   Link #2168
ReinhartX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
SPOIL:

Unohana left a letter to Isane, Kenpachi left a pentagon shape thing to Yachiru (don't know what is that. Need someone to explain =-=)

end.
the pentagon shape thingy is probably his eye patch
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 00:29   Link #2169
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
awww. i was hoping Kenpachi would somehow get his Shikai. Nope. Oh well.
Old 2013-01-23, 00:31   Link #2170
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I was hurt to see Isane cried ...
:'(
Old 2013-01-23, 00:35   Link #2171
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
awww. i was hoping Kenpachi would somehow get his Shikai. Nope. Oh well.
He doesn't have one, his sword is a constant release type like Ichigo's
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 00:44   Link #2172
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Now we know and it is confirmed that Unohana and Zaraki have already combated in the boxes "flashbacks" and therefore may have also confirmed that Zaraki has met and combated Unohana when she was captain of the 11th division.

Finally, confirmation and response to our questions!!
Old 2013-01-23, 00:57   Link #2173
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

As much as I'd love to see Kenpachi's bankai...I just want him to stick to his overwhelming power and normal sword...that's what makes Zaraki different from all the other captains.

Also...why a tear Kubo? Just...why?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 01:08   Link #2174
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
That's his eyepatch he left for Yachiru.

Also apparently, Unohana did something to make Kenpachi immortal when they first meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
the pentagon shape thingy is probably his eye patch
You guys sure it's not the Captain insignia?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 01:36   Link #2175
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

What captain's insignia? Only Vice-Captains have insignias on their arms...it's just likely to be his eye patch.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 02:18   Link #2176
Langus
Optimus Prime

It's definitely his eye patch, otherwise Unohana wouldn't have made a point to mention that he'd left it behind.

This chapter was pretty typical of what I expect of Kubo. Lots of panels, half of them indescribable, and only about three lines of actual text. Glad to see he's back to his old formula. *sarcasm*
Old 2013-01-23, 02:53   Link #2177
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

so is it that zaraki is immortal or he was imagining that he got stabbed in the neck from unohana's killing intent. Either way it looks like unohana is just going to stomp him until zaraki goes super sayin mode beats her, possibly killing her (it is bleach)
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:03   Link #2178
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I hope I know what was written Unohana in his letter to Isane ...
Old 2013-01-23, 03:51   Link #2179
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

If it does turn out he's immortal, then that's probably what's going to be used to get around the "someone will die" comment - he's already died, so Kubo can just keep trollin' - it's a shame that the law of Bleach states that they will, at most, be able to take out the big bad's lieutenant (and probably much less) or help Ichigo get Bach, rather than fully exposing their respective awesomes
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:57   Link #2180
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

first time I saw different side of Kenpachi....

He used to be very optimistic... but in front of Unohana, it's first time I saw him felt inferior in front of his opponent
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter