Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-09, 11:23   Link #21
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
So if they have became a toys, why didn't they jump in to the sea, the devil fruit power will loss in the sea right ?? so they can become a normal human again.. is it possible ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
The sunny got transformed too and it is already in the water, so it's possible that the water doesn't help against the transformation or Yora just altered the parts that are not touching the water.

I'm really looking forward to Bartolomeo's and Luffy's connection.
Also the fight between Luffy and the Don and his grandchildren is drawing closer... can't wait for that one!
DF users don't lose their abilities in the sea (otherwise Luffy wouldn't be able to fight Hody), they lose their strength and thus slowly start to faint.
Another example would Aokiji who can freeze the sea.
Beating her is probably key to turning themselves and the ship back.

Any way highlights of the chapter.

Bartolomeo is apparently an old acquaintance
Have we ever seen him before? Or a possible likeness? He's pretty unique after all.

Bellamy actually conflicted.
I'm not that big fan of a redemption for a supposedly super evil guy, but it might give the SH's an unexpected ally which could be fun.

The strongest (if translation is correct) mercenary just got knocked out in 1 punch.
Hurray for pissed of Luffy. Is the bull actually dead though? It's not a person so it's not as clear cut.
Do wonder though if the other people in his group are actually stronger. Like Don Chinjao for example.

Weird art woman actually posing a threat to the crew...
I hope she get swatted soon. She should be on baby 5's level not something 3 strawhats should struggle against and she just annoys me... She's like an annoying version of bon-chan. But it seems Momonosuke noticed something, could be the clue to beat her (one panel defeat please).

That Ricky Rebecca thing is going to drag horribly, I can just feel it. Nothing about their relationship interests me at the moment. The toy soldier could change that though, hope we won't have too many wasted panels on this uninteresting back story.

Not that much plot movement, but we do get to see Luffy kick ass which is never a bad thing.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:52   Link #22
Bern-san

When I saw the Sunny group being affected by that woman's power I thought of this:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Doflamingo has quite a number of... interesting people.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:56   Link #23
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, why is Doflamingo interested in Momonosuke anyways?
Maybe that failed DF has some sort of hidden value. That's the only thing I can think of...
Old 2013-07-09, 13:28   Link #24
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Please have Rebecca be new SH crew + Fire DF.
Old 2013-07-09, 13:58   Link #25
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Loving this tournament arc, Luffy's boss man...Love how hes becoming a favorite with people like that

Rebecca/Bart/Bellamy keep getting more and more intresting.
I myself think Bellamy might take up the idea of killing Luffy but in the end betray him to help Luffy later on in the arc. I like this idea the best

I hope Nami's group gets to shine against this random woman, it'd suck if they were taken down without even a fight

Dof really knows what to do man, hes got all these people for the Strawhats, course hes in his own situation but I'm sure hey'll get out of that some how. This is Dof's own arc after all and its still early in its game so

Over all, pretty fun and am really loving this arc but I've said that tons of times before

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-07-09, 14:09   Link #26
janipani

Luffy really seems to be refraining from using his devil fruit abilities

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-07-09, 14:27   Link #27
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
DF users don't lose their abilities in the sea (otherwise Luffy wouldn't be able to fight Hody), they lose their strength and thus slowly start to faint.
Another example would Aokiji who can freeze the sea.
Beating her is probably key to turning themselves and the ship back.
Another good example against danielevo's theory is back at Arlong Park when Genzo and Nojiko pulled up Luffy's head. I think it's more like the users can't move by themselves but can be manipulated by outside forces.
If I remember correctly Oda stated that the DF users get immobilized as soon as they are knee deep in the water but until then they just loose the ability to use the DF's power and get weaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani
I think he used Gear 2nd because there was steam coming from his body.
Old 2013-07-09, 15:55   Link #28
JonSnow

I got a feeling that Jola's Lola's mom. Anyways Jola should report to her queen Emporio Ivankov....
Old 2013-07-09, 17:17   Link #29
marvelB

Boy, Dofla sure has some real freaks working under him....

Anyways, nice chapter. It's actually kinda nice to see that Nami HASN'T been captured by enemies for once (she tends to get captured/caught in their traps pretty often throughout the series, I notice). I'm also pretty interested in the Bellamy scene. I wonder if Dofla seriously expects him to finish off Luffy? I think he should be well aware of the obvious difference in strength between them. Unless the assassination plot is meant to be a setup for a more elaborate trap, perhaps....?

Also, that fighting bull is actually kinda cute! Which is funny, because he looked a bit more fierce when he was first shown a few chapters back (makes me wonder if this will be true of that lion, too? ). Also neat to see that we've got more Elbaf giants appearing. Maybe Usopp will somehow befriend him before the arc is over. Still, I wonder why Don Chinjao hasn't started hunting down Luffy yet? Or maybe he's just waiting for the numbers to thin out before he can go wild? And speaking of tournament rivals, I see Cavendish gave up on chasing Luffy to the ring, as well. So I guess this means he'll fight in Block D after all? If so, that will sure make things more difficult for Rebecca.....

Oh, and I don't think anyone else said it yet, so I'll start it off: JORA FOR NAKAMA!
Old 2013-07-09, 17:37   Link #30
noktown

Bartolomeo is Sabo OMG OMG!

Not.
Old 2013-07-09, 19:58   Link #31
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, why is Doflamingo interested in Momonosuke anyways?
So Doflamingo can capture his father.
Old 2013-07-09, 21:33   Link #32
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Well something weird happened to Nami and the others. Hope the Sunny can be turned back. Bellamy might end up helping Luffy now. Wonder what Barto's connection is.
Old 2013-07-10, 01:27   Link #33
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It makes you wonder how strong Wano country is, as it is likely that Doflamingo wants to stop them from interfering by kidnapping Momonosuke (can he be the prince or something like that). That might also be the reason why Kinemon and his friend were not killed by them.

And, when the first scanlation came out, I also assumed the art obsessive lady is Lola's mother, but her name was written as Jora in another scanlation, so that connection immediately died out.

Oh yeah another interesting question raised by the chapter is what the connection between Luffy and Bartolomeo is. Hope it is not another wording game to turn Bartolomeo into a relative of Kuma and a member of the revolutionary army as a result.
Old 2013-07-10, 01:40   Link #34
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 714
That was okay. Oda is surely taking this arch in a lot of direction. Rebecca and Ricky, Luffy and the coliseum, Robin and Ussop with the dwarves, Law fighting against Doflamingo and Fujitori, and etc. This should be interesting how he pieces this all together.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:15   Link #35
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm also pretty interested in the Bellamy scene. I wonder if Dofla seriously expects him to finish off Luffy? I think he should be well aware of the obvious difference in strength between them. Unless the assassination plot is meant to be a setup for a more elaborate trap, perhaps....?
I thought about the same thing. Something like the real assassin tries to kill Luffy and doesn't care about Bellamy. Then they talk about Bellamy being trash and that DD never intended to make him a family member all along. Luffy gets pumped up about how the Donquixote pirates are treating their comrades and charges towards them.
Old 2013-07-10, 09:46   Link #36
Kintoun

Quote:
I thought about the same thing. Something like the real assassin tries to kill Luffy and doesn't care about Bellamy. Then they talk about Bellamy being trash and that DD never intended to make him a family member all along. Luffy gets pumped up about how the Donquixote pirates are treating their comrades and charges towards them.
I could see something like that happening. Perhaps, rather than the assassin ignoring Bellamy, he could attempt to kill Bellamy too, saying that Doaflamingo has deemed him too weak to be of use for the family, and pretends to make it look like Luffy killed Bellamy in self-defense.

However, such a scheme would to be too secretive for Doaflamingo. I always pictured him being the kind of guy that likes doing things in a flashy way. Besides, he's the damn king of the country and a Schichibukai; I imagine no one would bat an eye if he publicly killed one of his men. Perhaps this is not actually his scheme and rather that of another higher-up from the Donquixote family, who has been checking on Bellamy.
Old 2013-07-10, 15:23   Link #37
marvelB

Oh yeah, missed this earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post

For the most part, anyway. However, I'm pretty sure he used Gear 2 to knock out Hajrudin. Notice the familiar Jet Pistol stance and the steam coming out of his arm before the punch connected (but I guess most people couldn't tell since he was so close to the giant's face).

Also, Hajrudin's comment about a giant logia makes me think we'll eventually see one at Elbaf.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
So Doflamingo can capture his father.

I dunno.... while Dofla does indeed seem to be interested in the Wano samurai, it looks like he has a very specific interest in Momo. Remember, there was even a couple of times where Momo had those weird flashes of memory that seemed to show Dofla's face. I can't really guess why he wants the kid so badly, though....

Quote:

Yes, I could see a scenario like that taking place. Though what I had in mind was something more along the lines of what Kintoun brought up (the "real" assassin attempting to kill Bellamy along with Luffy, probably as punishment for his loss in the tournament). I mean, it wouldn't even be the first time Dofla punished him for his weakness, as I'm sure everyone else here already knows.....
Old 2013-07-10, 15:31   Link #38
golgo13

Nice chapter. It's interesting how DD's crew has submarines. Probably that's where Law got his first one.

Wonder how Jola was able to sneak on board without detection by Nami, Chopper or Brooke.. Brooke's soul may not have been affected by the art attack and that may prove useful.

Who is Bartolomeo??
Old 2013-07-10, 15:42   Link #39
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Nice chapter. It's interesting how DD's crew has submarines. Probably that's where Law got his first one.

Wonder how Jola was able to sneak on board without detection by Nami, Chopper or Brooke.. Brooke's soul may not have been affected by the art attack and that may prove useful.

Who is Bartolomeo??
He's the guy with the barrier fruit. I was hoping Bellamy to join Luffy's crew. Truly, Hawkeye was right, anyone whom he beats is his ally (or Bellamy will die under Dofla's assassins or Dofla himself).
Old 2013-07-10, 17:13   Link #40
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
He's the guy with the barrier fruit. I was hoping Bellamy to join Luffy's crew. Truly, Hawkeye was right, anyone whom he beats is his ally (or Bellamy will die under Dofla's assassins or Dofla himself).
I don't see Enel becoming Luffy's ally... but who knows...