AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 6 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 17.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 20.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 13.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 10.34%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 6.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-18, 05:31   Link #21
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Ichika may be dense, but wow, these IS academy girls are #%*$ing nuts! haha

Plus is it me or does Rin sound different compared to season 1?
its not just you I feel like rin and laura have changed and o god its gonna get worse when his buddies sister comes in
Old 2013-10-18, 08:37   Link #22
Eratas123

The Cinderella scene is stupid in the novel and it's even stupider here >.> Seriously, is the author just expecting us to roll with the 'Double standard' of of males being abused by females funny? Because it was really hard to laugh when you saw the holes being shot into the props or Ichika being electric-shocked for even trying to come out of it with his head not splattered all over the pavement like chunky salsa.

Izuru relies way too much on making his characters attractive and hoping that allows us to look past their psychopathic actions. I can't even imagine the pitchforks if Ichika wasn't a brain-dead retard and the girls weren't up and coming supermodels but average - ugly in appearance.
Old 2013-10-18, 08:52   Link #23
Setsuna Asuka

Eww Fanfiction.

Well this was apretty fun episode, much more enjoyable than the previous ones.

Also surprised with how reiko looks in the anime.
Old 2013-10-18, 08:59   Link #24
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
Eww Fanfiction.

Well this was apretty fun episode, much more enjoyable than the previous ones.

Also surprised with how reiko looks in the anime.
Sorry

By that, you mean Ayako?
Old 2013-10-18, 09:36   Link #25
SaigonSC

Given the ending of the episode, I guess this is where the actual 'story' of the show begins. My friend insists that the harem is just as an aside and that the show will have a real story. I guess we'll find out if he's right or not, maybe we should make it a bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Just saw the episode and WOW Tatenashi is awesome~! What a start~! Ichika just give her a massage~!
Ichika's reaction to her wanting a massage seems to imply that he might actually have an interest in women, or at least, is somewhat attracted to Tatenashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is the first time I felt pity for Ichika rather than envy. Those girls are all fucking nuts (they used real weapons!!). Except Char. She proved once again she is best girl by being the only one who didn't attack him, instead asking him nicely to hand over the crown to her. Too bad it didn't work because of Tatenashi.
It's almost as if they don't realize that if they kill him, nobody can have him. I think it would have been really out of character for Charl to join in trying to kill him, since she hasn't shown any inclination of harming him in the past or in being so pushy.

"Don't worry, they're made from safe materials." -Tatenashi
"Somehow I doubt that." -Ichika
Old 2013-10-18, 09:38   Link #26
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, at least Rin was cute here - I didn't mind the beginning of the episode, really I didn't.

Seriously, someone should do a drinking game with how many times Ichika said 'Haah?' in this episode ALONE.
Old 2013-10-19, 01:58   Link #27
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, at least Rin was cute here - I didn't mind the beginning of the episode, really I didn't.

Seriously, someone should do a drinking game with how many times Ichika said 'Haah?' in this episode ALONE.
It would be game over....

hmm..as for the episode, very silly episode. ^^ it was good to have some fun laughs.
Old 2013-10-19, 03:29   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I think this episode is a good and funny one
IS is better did more filler episodes than the serious one

Rin's shyness in Butler set, Cecilia's in music class, and Cinderella's bride wars (at least they didn't force Ichika to crossdress)
when enemy appears, it kills the fun... what a let down

and seems like I really believe that Char is better girl for Ichika than Houki... she just let go all her advantages in OVA... poor Houki
Old 2013-10-19, 05:09   Link #29
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
stupid, Stupid, STUPID!!!

And did me eyes deceived me, or Ichika kind of alike to Lelouch?
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you to never say that again. Unless you mean that they're similar in appearance, anyway.

This was a charming little episode. I highly enjoyed the atmosphere, and the play had a great sense of aesthetics; I loved all the outfits that King Ichika and his various haremettes wore.
Old 2013-10-19, 06:43   Link #30
Newhope

I'am dropping this show, frist season was pretty MEH overall and this season so far is worse in everyway.
Old 2013-10-19, 07:05   Link #31
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wow despite the blithering idiocy of the entire thing, he actually *gasp* acted sort of manly, Tatenashi showed some genre savvy, and Charlotte once again proves why she's the best girl.
Old 2013-10-19, 14:02   Link #32
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Ichika may be dense, but wow, these IS academy girls are #%*$ing nuts! haha

Plus is it me or does Rin sound different compared to season 1?
Maybe the seiyuu had a bad voice during the recording?
Old 2013-10-19, 14:20   Link #33
Frontier

I actually really enjoyed this episode .

Rin looked lovely in that Qipao . Though I can't help but feel that it, and her and Cecilia's cute moments with Ichika in this episode, were all just to make up for how low their standing in the harem is .

Tatenashi is as fun as always, though I hope there's some eventual confirmation as to whether her affection for Ichika is in any way genuine or is just her messing with him for her amusement.

I'm with Kanon, the Cinderella play is one of the few times I've really pitied Ichika. None of what happened to him was because of anything he did, no denseness, no saying the wrong thing, and no walking in on someone. Everything he was put through in this episode was so others could be amused at his suffering... it's enough to want to make a man swear off women entirely. Though that could work in Charlottes' favor .

That being said though, I honestly thought the whole Cinderella thing was hilarious . It was insane, but that was pretty much the point. And the double standard is practically the standard for IS at this point, so I didn't really mind it. It also let us see just how crazy most of Ichika's harem really is...

Charlotte, being the awesome girl she is, was as always the kindest and most sane of the girls and would've won if not for Tatenashi's tampering. I'm honestly starting to feel that each episode in season 2 is giving more and more reasons why Charlotte should win and hardly any reason otherwise .

Houki, you were doing great until Ichika caught a glimpse of your breasts .

Wait, we're getting to the plot now ? That's kinda fast... well, hopefully we can get some nice IS action out of it. Though Ichika's probably going to get creamed as always. I am excited to finally see Tatenashi's IS in action!

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-30 at 19:41.
Old 2013-10-19, 14:44   Link #34
Mephis
Banned

For the cinderella play, when Charlotte was there being nice, I was hoping she just takes the crown but goddamn the crown just had to have a trap =A=

I loved it when Charlotte was Ichika's room mate
Old 2013-10-19, 19:31   Link #35
Anime Online

Cecilia should have won. Her bullet clearly hit the crown, but for some reason that defies the law of physics, not only did the crown remain firmly planted on Ichika's head, the bullet was deflected off the crown.

Then again, I don't think Cecilia would ever win the harem king anyway. It's quite sad she and Rin are made the joke characters: Cecilia did not get that indirect kiss (even though Houki got a real kiss at the end of season 1) and Rin did not realize the proper way of feeding pocky sticks to the butler.
Old 2013-10-20, 01:39   Link #36
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Cecilia should have won. Her bullet clearly hit the crown, but for some reason that defies the law of physics, not only did the crown remain firmly planted on Ichika's head, the bullet was deflected off the crown.

Then again, I don't think Cecilia would ever win the harem king anyway. It's quite sad she and Rin are made the joke characters: Cecilia did not get that indirect kiss (even though Houki got a real kiss at the end of season 1) and Rin did not realize the proper way of feeding pocky sticks to the butler.
Houki never kissed Ichika O_o they nearly did but then the other girls stopped him.
Old 2013-10-21, 01:04   Link #37
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm feeling mixed about season two. Pretty much it's become Tatenashi's fun-fun torturing Ichika tour de rampage, monopolizing him over the rest of the girls.

Either she's total crazy or she's after payback on Ichika for not giving her massage. I mean the girl ruined a fairy-tale turning the princess characters into Amazonian warriors battling for the crown. Of course, it's just a play for the five girls to get Ichika; one being the winner that gets the prize.

Glad to know that this episode ended with a nice cliffhanger setting in motion M's arrival in the next episode.

Last edited by Guido; 2013-10-21 at 14:11.
Old 2013-10-21, 01:46   Link #38
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I'm feeling mixed about season two. Pretty much it's become Tatenashi's fun-fun torturing Ichika tour de rampage, monopolizing him over the rest of the girls.

Either she's total crazy or she's after payback on Ichika for not giving her massage. I mean the girl ruined a fairy-tale turning the princess characters into Amazonian warriors battling for the crown. Of course, it's just a play for the five girls to get Ichika; one being the winner that gets the prize.

Glad to know that this episode ended with a nice cliffhanger setting in motion Mysterious Lady M's arrival in the next episode.
Actually... Mysterious Lady is the name of an IS...
Old 2013-10-22, 09:09   Link #39
xland44
Otaku

Ugh, I can't seem to find a place to view it. Anyone know a site that you don't have to pay/offer credit card info? (The only place I could find it on was crunchy roll)
Old 2013-10-22, 13:20   Link #40
Preciize
Them Feels~

Episode was alright. Tatenashi is interesting as always. If I was Ichika, I'd want either her or Houki to live with me

The mysterious lady sure got creepy at the end.