AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-09, 12:31   Link #81
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

All right, with the new episode out, Episode 10 summary + thoughts is up in my blog.

For the synopsis

Spoiler for ep 10:
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 11:06   Link #82
usagijen

Wai~ took me so long... o__O
In any case, I hope you guys will still read my summary (or narrative rather ><) and find it useful~ ^-^

Saiunkoku Monogatari II Episode 10 Summary
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 05:46   Link #83
karumofin

hmmm, i guess noone is subbing this after all... what a shame.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 07:12   Link #84
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

It seems so for now currently. Nevertheless, you never know, there's always pro active action ^^

Episode summary 11 + thoughts is up in my blog too ^^
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 21:49   Link #85
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

This damn anime.. made an otaku out of my wife... Now I watch Saiunkoku with her, and she watches Lucky Star with me. Boy there sure is a lot of bishounen in Saiunkoku.

Isn't Shuurei supposed to be plain in the light novels? Why is she pretty in the anime? Even that evil dude thought she looked like her mom. How can she be ugly when bara-hime is like one of the prettiest goddess out there? I like the idea of one ugly girl with her pretty boy harem.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 09:43   Link #86
karumofin

yay, http://fourleafclover.wordpress.com/ has finished translating the script the second episode, i hope its jsut a matter of time until someone releases the episode
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 10:34   Link #87
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'd like to point out the horror which is mentioned on their webpage. It says that they are working on episode 2. Does anyone know why this simple fact is truly frightening?
More horror, I'm afraid, NSW. From the SweetSecretSubs page, we read:

"9 June - Contacted FLC quite a few days before on subbing SM2. Put forward the Odd-Even proposal but received nothing up till today. Decided to start subbing each episode from Ep 3 onwards since FLC claimed to have done Ep 2."

This is not to knock either FourLeaf or SweetSecret, but I still do not understand why there are no established fansub groups taking on this project. It's not like there's no audience for this show. I understand that subbers produce shows that they like, but are there no fans for SaiMono in those groups? Do we really need four versions of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann?

Right now I continue to collect raws. Someday I'll sit down with two computers, watch the raws on one, and follow along in Impz's and/or usagijen's blog summaries on the other. I am a bit concerned that I don't yet see the episode 11 raw on the site I've been following; might be time for more googling.

Sigh. Done ranting now.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 21:57   Link #88
usagijen

as for the fansubbing problem... part of it is also because of the licensing issues (in the case of We-Suck), and personal problems (?) like in the case of ShadowDreams >__< I'm hoping the fansubbing will still go smoothly and SSS and FLC will be able to work out on the joint

I'm quite surprised that the raw for episode 11 didn't come out... so I had to get the raw through 'some other means' >__<'''

and, I wasn't able to announce the other day that my episode 11 summary is up~
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 22:18   Link #89
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's not like there's no audience for this show. I understand that subbers produce shows that they like, but are there no fans for SaiMono in those groups? Do we really need four versions of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann?
I would love to work on this show. Unfortunately the two groups I work with are pretty much entirely stalled on all of their projects for various reasons (primarily TL, though encoders seem to be MIA as of late, too.) so are in no position to take on a new project.

Not to mention Saiunkoku isn't the kind of thing most of them are in to, I think. While it does have an audience, it is niche. I don't know anybody in my circle of friends, acquaintances and fellow group members who watched the first season.

If somebody can TL the eps, though, I can make sure the rest is done. Find somebody to volunteer translating time. =p
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 20:25   Link #90
tritoch

I thought the license was for season 1. I've checked the other sites and there's nothing that states that season 2 was part of the acquisition.

Well no hurries on the subs.. I think that season 2 is under the radar right now. I don't see a consistent cap+distro for it anywhere

and uh to those that have the raws, might as well keep them in your hd for a while. People who are willing to sub might find it difficult to hunt for teh raws as distros move on to different stuff
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 21:13   Link #91
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Actually there's several sources for quality raws for season 2, your just arent looking in the right places

Suck dropped it cause they have a weird policy on stuff like this, that said kiss subs stated long ago they planned to do season 2.

And yes, season 1 is the only one licensed so far, and hopefully they wont license season 2, they've butchered season one.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 21:21   Link #92
yura`

Yeah, really hope for fansubs to pick up season 2. I loved the first season, and it is disappointing, but I guess Saiunkoku Monogatari doesn't appeal to everyone, like Asai mentioned. That said, I'll just have to wait patiently till KissSub or some other group release a sub.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 22:59   Link #93
ani_d

Quote:
Actually there's several sources for quality raws for season 2, your just arent looking in the right places
I was actually waiting for the 11 RAW.avi to come up, but I can't find it. =_= Is it out yet? Do you know where to download it?
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 23:17   Link #94
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Yes its out, i found it the other day. you'll also find it in .rmvb and .wmv formats
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 23:18   Link #95
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Well, good news is I talked to one of our translators and he's willing to do S2, bad news is C1 currently lacks active encoders, so we may not end up taking the project on. Tentatively saying we will do it, though. May be making a post in the help wanted thread regarding this series soon after talking to a few more people. ^^
Old 2007-06-21, 23:33   Link #96
ani_d

Sweet. :] You guys have my support!

Oh, and thanks Taliesin.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 02:38   Link #97
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

C1anime has officially picked this series up, and are currently in the process of acquiring raws. The translator that agreed to do it is still out of the country for a few days, but I can say with reasonable confidence, to expect episode 1 some time next week.
Old 2007-06-22, 04:50   Link #98
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
C1anime has officially picked this series up, and are currently in the process of acquiring raws. The translator that agreed to do it is still out of the country for a few days, but I can say with reasonable confidence, to expect episode 1 some time next week.
You have just made many, MANY Saiunkoku fans very, VERY happy. Including this moderator.

It will be nice to add Saiunkoku season 2 to the list of shows C1 has subbed for my great enjoyment.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 12:13   Link #99
tritoch

Also, while C1 is rolling on, finish up Tokimeki while you're at it.

*bows to the anime gods and uh Gods among us men.. C1*
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 13:20   Link #100
greeneyes

I'm soooooo happy! And it's gonna be done by C1, who are totally awsome!! Life is good....
greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, madhouse, romance