AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-21, 14:58   Link #1421
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Got to hand it to the directors in choosing Fukuyama Jun to play Kassim:

It takes the black-hearted Demon-King Lelouch to play a literal Demon.
Old 2013-01-21, 16:24   Link #1422
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow so Ugo's master was Solomon. Too bad he's gone now. Well can't wait to see the new and improved Aladdin. Figures Alibaba couldn't kill Kassim. Though he should have as Kassim turned into that monster. Though i don't get why the man in the mask took out the banker? Wasn't he doing the same the masked man was doing?
Old 2013-01-21, 16:32   Link #1423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit confused about the latest episode. Were the banker and the weapon dealer not the same person after all, or was one of them a copy made from Ruhk? (weapon dealer seem to absorb the banker)
Old 2013-01-21, 17:57   Link #1424
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm a bit confused about the latest episode. Were the banker and the weapon dealer not the same person after all, or was one of them a copy made from Ruhk? (weapon dealer seem to absorb the banker)
The banker was a fake clone like thing created by the weapon dealer. He no longer needed him so he absorbed him back up.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 19:40   Link #1425
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know, I can totally understand Alibaba not willing to kill his friend- but he should at least punch the shit out of Kassim for everything he has done to him up to this point.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 19:58   Link #1426
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Here's the trouble; Alibaba does not consider Kassim his friend; he considered Kassim his brother.

He doesn't just like the fella, he loves him because as far as he's concerned, he's not a stranger but flesh and blood because they were raised and loved by the same mother.

Same dilemma faced by Shifu in Kung Fu Panda, who could not bring himself to deliver the killing blow to his erstwhile student Tai Lung, because the soft-hearted Red-Panda could not forget that this used to be the Adorable baby Snow Leopard who lovingly hugged him and called him "Papa", even if he has become a bloodthirsty mass murderer.
Old 2013-01-21, 20:01   Link #1427
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Here's the trouble; Alibaba does not consider Kassim his friend; he considered Kassim his brother.

He doesn't just like the fella, he loves him because as far as he's concerned, he's not a stranger but flesh and blood because they were raised and loved by the same mother.

Same dilemma faced by Shifu in Kung Fu Panda, who could not bring himself to deliver the killing blow to his erstwhile student Tai Lung, because the soft-hearted Red-Panda could not forget that this used to be the Adorable baby Snow Leopard who lovingly hugged him and called him "Papa", even if he has become a bloodthirsty mass murderer.
That's understandable.

... though I wouldn't complain if Alibaba did take Chaos' advice and punched Kassim. The guy's kind of a piece of crap.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 21:37   Link #1428
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... I had no idea there was a 3DS game being made...

Old 2013-01-22, 02:36   Link #1429
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wait, Fukuyuma Jun is Kassim? Dammit, I -never- recognize that guy's voice unless his character has magic eyes. >_>
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 09:38   Link #1430
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh my god....Ugo's Dungeon creatures are so cute....
Old 2013-01-23, 04:56   Link #1431
Raviel

Would it be safe to assume the anime will go all the way until just before the current arc that the manga is on? It seems like a pretty good stopping point.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 04:59   Link #1432
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Would it be safe to assume the anime will go all the way until just before the current arc that the manga is on? It seems like a pretty good stopping point.
Nothing is safe until an official extension of episodes is announced.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:38   Link #1433
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
With only 7-8 episodes to cover all that? It would be nothing short of a disaster. I'm praying they'll only do up to the things hinted at in the new OP, or hopefully even get Ohtaka to help craft some sort of original scenario to stop with and still stay canon enough for a sequel.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 06:30   Link #1434
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
With only 7-8 episodes to cover all that? It would be nothing short of a disaster. I'm praying they'll only do up to the things hinted at in the new OP, or hopefully even get Ohtaka to help craft some sort of original scenario to stop with and still stay canon enough for a sequel.
I think it is safe to assume that the show will go for at least 24-26 episodes (my bet's on 25)

and considering how fast the anime pace until we reached balbadd, I think they will manage to squeeze it into minimum 9 episodes to reach just before "the current arc in the manga"

and yes, it will be a mash up fast paced disaster like this anime early episodes
Old 2013-01-23, 12:58   Link #1435
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Don't state "disaster" as if it's some kind of fact.
Old 2013-01-23, 13:05   Link #1436
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

The situation reminds me of what happened with Soul Eater; a source material with SO much potential, but squandered to have it shoehorned into a 52-Episode Format to fit market demands.

By the way, Chaosfrozen, who is that cutie pounding into that boxing-bag? Who is she punching and what anime are they from?
Old 2013-01-25, 01:03   Link #1437
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I would consider reading the manga version of this arc after it concludes in the next few episodes. The Banker and Weapons Dealer are handled much better than they were in this episode.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 06:41   Link #1438
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Don't state "disaster" as if it's some kind of fact.
It's going to be like the opening episodes, it will be. Maybe if a talented writer was behind the wheel it wouldn't be but... L O L. Whatever, it served its purpose as a commercial for the manga.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 09:45   Link #1439
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That still is an opinion. YOUR opinion. Not a fact.
Old 2013-01-25, 10:50   Link #1440
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

yeah, because people have to add "this is my opinion" "this is a fact" tags in every single of his/her post...

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen