Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-10-22, 23:34   Link #1
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Loading audio file to mkv

Hello.
I want to load/switch to a separate audio file in a mkv video (kinda like how you would do the same with subtitles). Is there a way to do this while not muxing the audio file into the video file? The audio file is flac format and I use MPC.
Old 2009-10-23, 02:21   Link #2
emptyeighty

Name the audio file like the mkv, for example:
movie.mkv
movie.flac

Then in MPC right click -> Audio you should be able to choose your .flac audio.
Old 2009-10-23, 07:42   Link #3
gugumomu
the hedgehog

or if you can't copy the audio file to the video directory: from the menu "File - Open file" browse for the separate audio file in the "Dub" tab
Old 2009-10-24, 02:19   Link #4
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hmm somehow both method didn't work. I put the two files into the same directory, but no additional audio track was available for selection. Also, I tried using the Open file method, but not only does it not work, flac isn't recognized as an audio file (had to chance file type setting to 'all file types' instead of 'audio file') Is it because I'm not using the most recent MPC version? I'm using a version that's at least a year old and possibly up to than two years old.
Old 2009-10-24, 02:35   Link #5
speck123

What you need is something to handle the FLAC file. Try madFLAC.
Old 2009-10-24, 11:32   Link #6
emptyeighty

MPC has an internal FLAC decoder (right click -> Options -> Internal Filters, under "Transform Filters" and also "Source Filters").
Old 2009-10-26, 23:59   Link #7
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Hmm, the MPC player didn't have FLAC decoder as option under either source filters or transform filters. Is there a way to make it show up? I know it can play the file, as the video already has a FLAC audio track.
Old 2009-10-27, 07:31   Link #8
gugumomu
the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
... I'm using a version that's at least a year old and possibly up to than two years old.
either get the latest stable MPC-HC build from Sourceforge.net, or better install the codec-pack CCCP. if you have another codec-pack or maybe ffdshow, AC3filter ... installed separately, uninstall them first, reboot and get then CCCP.
Old 2009-10-28, 01:17   Link #9
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Ok, thank you! It works now. Another thing I want to ask is, is there a method to off set the timing of the audio track? Such as start like 2 sec before or after the video file.

A bit more off topic, but for the latest stable MPC-HC, if always crashes if i go to the Logo section under the Player option. If I just click on Logo in the tree menu, the player crashes. Would you have an idea why its causing this and how to fix it? My previous MPC version doesn't crash when I try this.
Old 2009-10-28, 08:19   Link #10
speck123

Quote:
Ok, thank you! It works now. Another thing I want to ask is, is there a method to off set the timing of the audio track? Such as start like 2 sec before or after the video file.
Try the audio switcher under the Options menu.

Quote:
A bit more off topic, but for the latest stable MPC-HC, if always crashes if i go to the Logo section under the Player option. If I just click on Logo in the tree menu, the player crashes. Would you have an idea why its causing this and how to fix it? My previous MPC version doesn't crash when I try this.
There should be a file called "mpciconlib.dll" (at least it's in the ZIP file that I have).
Old 2009-10-29, 01:13   Link #11
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Great, the audio switcher option works. Thanks for the help guys!

The problem with the logo hasn't been fixed though. I do have the file "mpciconlib.dll" in my MPC-HC folder. Is that the file that has to do with my player crashing?