AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-02-16, 10:25   Link #22601
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Turn 1 always felt rushed to me. I mean, they could have prolonged the awakening of his memory till the later chapters, not in the first episode straightaway. Oh well.

And honestly, if he can't remember Nunally, Kallen hardly stands a chance. XD

Oh, and I prefer Sickly Kallen hair personally. XD

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 10:32   Link #22602
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Turn 1 always felt rushed to me. I mean, they could have prolonged the awakening of his memory till the later chapters, not in the first episode straightaway. Oh well.

And honestly, if he can't remember Nunally, Kallen hardly stands a chance. XD

Oh, and I prefer Sickly Kallen hair personally. XD
they specificlly erased nunnaly
kallen was probably just a side effect

since there was no point where Lelouch knew kallen as anything BUT "the japanese rebel / black knight who is pretending to be a student" then its likely he lost his memory of her because of it
the student council knew her as just a classmate for a while, and then later found out she's ALSO in the black knights
Lelouch, always knew her as a black knights FIRST
Old 2010-02-16, 10:48   Link #22603
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Pretty much blade, and I am sure that there was some kind of a weird expression on his face when he saw Kallen again for the first time. I can't really remember though, been a while since I watched the show.

Old 2010-02-16, 11:23   Link #22604
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Like the fact they recovered the memory and still continue to think about Rolo like a classmate, without the questions, "what was that fake claimed to be Lelouch's brother at the place of nunnally?" "who was him really?"

Immediate questions inside a normal human mind, but in that case...or they had a very open-mind, or totally obtuses.

In my story, Milly, Rivalz...they recover the memory and nunnally said them about Rolo and what he did to Shirley, then he isn't remembered by them like Shirley.

But this is OT.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 11:52   Link #22605
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Paladinoras: His face was obviously smiling, because any hot-blooded man would be smiling to see Kallen, THE Kallen... In a pink, cleavage-grasping bunny suit!

Sorry, I'm horrible, I know. Send me off to detention for not being shy >_> or modest.

Since Jeremiah used his Geass canceller on the school, you'd expect them to remember who the rightful sibling of Lelouch was. Not Bobo the yandere angel slayer. (Angel as in Shirley-chan. Kallen is a valkyrie <3)

I don't understand why they wouldn't question Rolo, maybe they knew he'd wetwork em'.... xD

Wait... Isn't Rolo a candy bar...? If so, then the kid is seriously unoriginal.

Kallen Stadtfeld is a original name, and 'Kozuki' is quite nice. The preference being Karen Kozuki, since it rolls off the tongue well enough for me to remember it.

@Bonzo: You think about the whole picture, thats WHY you had them ponder about Rolo. You don't forget the little people! (Rivalz is small in every area, common sense, dignity, intelligence.... reproductive.)

Thats pretty much it, yeah?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 12:00   Link #22606
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Maybe Rivalz, but Milly? They characterized her not like a "silly girl", but like a woman with a crazy, but wise brain (in fact she investigate about Kallen and Lelouch in the comic).
And In every case, to infiltrate Rolo, they had to "upgrade" the memories of more teachers and all Rolo and Lelouch classmates, like all the crew in the "mansion" where nunnally lived.

If Nunnally ordered to return the memories only to Rivalz and Milly, it was another cruel act, like Lelouch's one.

Yes, Kallen-Karen is just a traslation error cause the pronunciation of "L" to "R", In Italy, the fansubber written "Karen".

I just used "karen" like her new name when she changed identity, like the surname, changed for error in some translation and merchandise.

I seen PVC statue with the name Kozuki (bandai) and kouzuki (Togo resin kit), like for Cornelia, in the box of B-club resin statue, she's called "cornilia"

http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL2829
Old 2010-02-16, 13:55   Link #22607
Lost Cause

A new question for y'all

At the end (ep.25 R2) we see Kallen preparing for school, as she gets ready to leave she pauses to look at her pictures of everyone then picks up the key to the Guren,bids her mom bye grabs her toast and hauls it to school.
My question is this;Why does she still have that key?
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 13:58   Link #22608
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
At the end (ep.25 R2) we see Kallen preparing for school, as she gets ready to leave she pauses to look at her pictures of everyone then picks up the key to the Guren,bids her mom bye grabs her toast and hauls it to school.
My question is this;Why does she still have that key?
why wouldn't she ?
the guren is probably no longer in operational service
why wouldn't they let her keep the key ?
Old 2010-02-16, 14:11   Link #22609
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why wouldn't she ?
So your saying she's keeping it as a momento of her service like when some GIs continue to wear their dog tags years after being out of the service? Ok I'm cool with that.
Old 2010-02-16, 14:21   Link #22610
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
So your saying she's keeping it as a momento of her service like when some GIs continue to wear their dog tags years after being out of the service? Ok I'm cool with that.
actually, it becomes more meaningful when you remember WHO gave it to her
its not some GI keeping his dog tags
its pretty much the only thing physical Lelouch gave her
Old 2010-02-16, 14:43   Link #22611
Lost Cause

Quote:
why wouldn't she ?
Quote:
actually, it becomes more meaningful when you remember WHO gave it to her
its not some GI keeping his dog tags
its pretty much the only thing physical Lelouch gave her
Ah, it's a momento of her feelings toward Lulu then, I get it now. Thanks!
Old 2010-02-16, 19:27   Link #22612
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Ah, it's a momento of her feelings toward Lulu then, I get it now. Thanks!
Yup, she used to wear the headband, a memento related to her brother, but in the epilogue we get to see that she switched that memento for a new one - the Guren key which relates to Lelouch. She's pretty much portrayed as "the widow" in the end.
Old 2010-02-16, 20:24   Link #22613
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Yup, she used to wear the headband, a memento related to her brother, but in the epilogue we get to see that she switched that memento for a new one - the Guren key which relates to Lelouch. She's pretty much portrayed as "the widow" in the end.
Very Cool! Let me ask this though; Would it be more accurate to say she was" the one left behind"?
Old 2010-02-16, 20:42   Link #22614
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Very Cool! Let me ask this though; Would it be more accurate to say she was" the one left behind"?
Not sure exactly what you mean. But, feelings for Lelouch aside, I think Kallen would still prefer to live (especially considering she knew why Lelouch did what he did). I don't think Lelouch killed himself so he could ditch Kallen
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 22:39   Link #22615
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Going by Lelouch's actions toward Nunnally and Kallen. I'll say he specifically left those two behind in my opinion in their respective scenes(Didn't Okouchi say something similarly to that in an old interview).

On rather or not Kallen would want to live or not at the end if she had an choice. Debatable I suppose. At certain points in the show it became apparent Lelouch was very important to her turns 19(Die with Lelouch and even forget her mother and brother's dream) and turn 21 made it obvious with herself stating she wouldn't be able to move on without an answer. Then there's the whole character song lyrics and Kallen's poem which regret message seemed to be not being with Lelouch.

Either way. Lelouch wanted Kallen to live on so she will do exactly that.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-02-17 at 03:23.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 03:17   Link #22616
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Lelouch created a place only told in a song. A place with all mankind at peace, without war and needless suffering.

Kallen did make this apparent, even more so on 19 and 21, as sonofHeaven stated, so I won't do a recap beyond that.

I believe Lelouch was the one that set the stage for the musical, now it's up the world to make a new hymn. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Kallen wasn't left behind, and yes... Kallen's memento changed from Naoto's headband to the Guren activation Key. Since Naoto's dream was realized three-folds.

The epilogue of Kallen is painful, and heartwarming. Because at the center of the picture wall, is none other then the one who gave his life for the entire world, in the end.

I don't think Kallen was happy at first, but she isn't so weak she'd stoop to thoughts of suicide or other... failings. No, she is strong and will live in that world Lelouch made for everyone.

Overcoming such trial is why I look up to her. Because in the end, she was changed along with the world.

That is my thoughts on the matter.
Old 2010-02-17, 06:31   Link #22617
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Kallen was probably distraught at first, but she is a smart girl, she will figure out sooner rather than later that if that was what Lelouch had wanted, then she should be happy with his wishes and follow them through.

Sides, if she dies, I am officially burning my R2 Code Geass collection DVDs.

Old 2010-02-17, 06:45   Link #22618
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I'm glad you agree, Paladinoras.

If she dies, then I will blame the one that killed her, whether it be time or a character.

You could always give me your collection to me, Paladinoras.

Talking about Kallen, how has LC translation been going? I can't help because of several factors. But i'm doing some stuff on my own. (i.e: I just finished the line "I've been waiting for you, Rai" of when you're introduced to Zero on Kuro No Kishidan Route.)

Be happy Paladinoras she didn't die in R1 or R2. Thats all I can really say right now without bringing it to another thread

Since i'm doing primary KnK translation, I doubt ED will find me useful.

Anyway, Could someone give me info on the Stadtfeld family? I'm probably asking for mixed answers, but I need it for my Kalulu FF.
Old 2010-02-17, 06:53   Link #22619
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Nah, burning is always better. More screaming and emotion that way. XDDD

And uhh, I am not sure, myself, ED hasn't sent me an e-mail in ages. I am just doing the task I have been assigned, i.e, the C.C route, but progress has been rather slow cause I have a shitload of work to do myself. But of course, discussion here is OOT, so take it to the appropriate thread if you want to talk about it further.

And the only thing we know about the Statdtfeld family.... Daddy Stadtfeld is a duke. That's pretty much it.

Old 2010-02-17, 07:47   Link #22620
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Nah, burning is always better. More screaming and emotion that way. XDDD

And uhh, I am not sure, myself, ED hasn't sent me an e-mail in ages. I am just doing the task I have been assigned, i.e, the C.C route, but progress has been rather slow cause I have a shitload of work to do myself. But of course, discussion here is OOT, so take it to the appropriate thread if you want to talk about it further.

And the only thing we know about the Statdtfeld family.... Daddy Stadtfeld is a duke. That's pretty much it.
You will know everything about Stadfteld family and Duke Theodore Stadfteld in few time, the comic is almost complete.