AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-18, 18:56   Link #361
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope, when his arm chopped that's the end for IB unless the author suddenly say their is. The only thing I know about that time is. Touma just figure out what's Ars Magna is and trying to scare Izzard until he wets his pants off.

And we really are always getting off topic. with too little character discussion thread but even if their is. It always gone astray.
That reminds(yeah, once again) that in that arc I thought it was Aureolus's mind but then Fiamma manifests his power when that bird claw appears behind him.
Old 2010-05-18, 19:24   Link #362
tsunade666

your right about that.

The holy right of fianmma is isn't really his right hand. Well it's in the direction of the right hand or rather like a shadow of the right hand of fianma or is it right shoulder where the holy right is being release.

As for touma's holy stone which isn't quite explained yet on which is which and what's the difference beside the power of the holy right of finamma and the holy stone of touma....

But if it's just a stone and the space or rather the power only applies on his right fist then... when it's chopped off then it's chopped off its effects too on touma's body.

Kinda confusing when their are lots of questions without answers.
Old 2010-05-19, 10:47   Link #363
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
I don't understand this question.... and too lazy to rewatch the scene. But if you elaborate I could remember it. Though I think Izzard did say to Aisa that die but it's more like her heart stop beating. So When touma touch her. it's been dispelled..... as for touma. I think suffocate... then touma put I.B. on his neck to dispelled it.

Well it actually interest me when you mentioned this. That it actually even hurt or manage to actually hit touma. Because it should have been distrupted already by I.B before reaching him but it still hit.

His I.B. still has many mysteries.
I re-watched that part of Ep8 that Aureolus said to Touma that he bores him and the he said "fade away" or something like that that Aisa told him to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
From anime:
Aureoulus: "Shine"
Aisa *kaput*

He didn't talk much...
Yes and earlier he was trying to do that to Touma too that Aisa stopped him.
Old 2010-05-19, 11:00   Link #364
tsunade666

then if that's what happeneed then its probably Izzard cancel the spell. His the one who cast it. But if I remember it right Izzard then decided to kill Aisa.

Poor Aisa but don't worry your knight is beside you though he always said "Fukuo da"
Old 2010-05-19, 11:14   Link #365
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
then if that's what happeneed then its probably Izzard cancel the spell. His the one who cast it. But if I remember it right Izzard then decided to kill Aisa.

Poor Aisa but don't worry your knight is beside you though he always said "Fukuo da"
I meant that he "does" use simple words like "Die" or "Fade away" with his Ars Magna. So !
Old 2010-05-19, 12:10   Link #366
tsunade666

well............ I don't know. maybe the anime decide to shorten it and in the novel their is an exact thought inside Izzard. Well the idea of Ars Magna is your "thoughts into reality" within that special realm that is.

The anime's doesn't have monologues for everyone
Old 2010-06-17, 00:05   Link #367
Dark Wing

Touma is just too awesome for words and doesn't get enough love! that is all...
Old 2010-06-17, 07:29   Link #368
tsunade666

I think Touma had already tons of love and had taken all the love he could get leaving Accelerator all alone. And Shiage doesn't need more love because he already had Rikuo by his side.
Old 2010-06-17, 12:20   Link #369
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I think Touma had already tons of love and had taken all the love he could get leaving Accelerator all alone. And Shiage doesn't need more love because he already had Rikuo by his side.
Accelerator has a loli lol.

And even though Touma raised flags way too many, I had to wonder... Geez. Unless if the author decides to write and resolve Touma's love problems (or to be exact, his harem's love problems with him) after the current arc is resolved then we have something to chuckle upon.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-06-17, 13:26   Link #370
tsunade666

but Accelerators loli is always in pinch and now in comma. Accels always down and always lonely. Can you even imagine that.

And if you compare it to touma who's now on a journey with a girl who's trying to seduce him for him to go on the british side. That's one heck of a difference. Plus don't say that touma is doing this for index and all and even if his opponent is the god's right seat leader Monster Fianmma. His journey is still a bliss for me compare to Accel.

And come on even if Touma is always injured, their his harem that's always beside him when his in hospital. And it just keep on increasing.

And besides Touma doesn't even love those girls. He just cares for them and that's different.
Old 2010-06-17, 21:00   Link #371
pampz21
ShipCore

ok...remember it's not he don't wanna fall in love...but he can't cuz his uneasy about anyone knowing his lost of memory!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-06-17, 21:30   Link #372
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
ok...remember it's not he don't wanna fall in love...but he can't cuz his uneasy about anyone knowing his lost of memory!
His uneasy and the girls are also uneasy.

In touma perspective. He needs to help and rescue those girls. His your shounen super hero to the core. And he doesn't care if he gets hurt or even if the world is his enemy. That's just the type of guy he is.

But in the girls perspective. "why does he help me?" "what is his reasons?" "why go so far?" "why won't he ask for her help" then their are tons of why why why????

And that why ends with an answer with. " I don't need a reason to help " "He's doing this not because he has to but he wants to; He doesn't want to blame others for not acting and want to keep moving on, even if he did lose his memory as a result "

Lines that make girls more uneasy and ended up with a badump badump doki doki feeling

I remember ashman's fanfic. His not doing it on purpose. Right!, his not doing it for others to fall for him. He do this because he wants too. But his just so ubber gar and awesome that you can't stop falling for him..... hence = touma's faction.

This is why I sooooo like the character of touma. But Accelerator is just to pitiful compare to the state of affairs of touma. I would be also pitying touma when his been attacked by a group of girls. But I have a mix feelings when that time happens.
Old 2010-06-18, 00:10   Link #373
pampz21
ShipCore

well unlike the other manga I read was there was a guy who refuse to fight girls...thats just boring for me...i know hitting a girl means you look like a bad guy....but when Touma hits girls...I think he's not a bad guy...but a bad ass ubber gar to the core....well anyway..hitting a girl is bad ass for me!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-08-26, 14:40   Link #374
ellifeedn
Thinker

I was recently wondering who is more "unlucky", Touma or Seina Yamada from Tenchi Muyo! GXP. Any thoughts?
Old 2010-08-26, 23:53   Link #375
tsunade666

good question......

I still think it's touma.

Seina mostly attracted popular girls but not power house girls like his sempai tenchi. Powerful girls are BAD LUCK!!!! a sign of BAD LUCK!!! if you want your life to be shorten a lot.
Old 2010-08-30, 02:49   Link #376
fukarming

I am new to index/ railgun and did not even finish the anime yet. I have a question regarding Touma's ability:

So his ability is cancellation. What makes it so great that BiriBiri/many others cannot beat him? While ESPers cannot use their ability directly on him, they can cause damage to surroundings and the surroundings can cause injury on him, right? Can't BiriBiri use her electric ability to lift a car (magnetic) and drop it on him?
Old 2010-08-30, 03:06   Link #377
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
So his ability is cancellation. What makes it so great that BiriBiri/many others cannot beat him? While ESPers cannot use their ability directly on him, they can cause damage to surroundings and the surroundings can cause injury on him, right? Can't BiriBiri use her electric ability to lift a car (magnetic) and drop it on him?
I don't think Mikoto can use her powers in that way. But even if she could......well, she doesn't want to kill him.
Old 2010-08-30, 03:27   Link #378
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He has leet dodging skills and he's smart enough to figure things out.

Though recently the author seem to be hinting that Touma isn't your average skilled punk either... And I don't mean just his hand.
Old 2010-08-30, 03:57   Link #379
tsunade666

his fast too. As the story progress be it maybe his experience or his initial talent. His stronger than your average thug and a lot faster than your running athlete.

If we compare it on his speed when his fighting against his enemies which he sees as a real enemies and doesn't holding back a bit. Like for example against vent. The novel describe his speed as fast as an arrow. I'm not sure on how fast an arrow travels but that's considered fast. Maybe not as fast as accelerator or gunha but still his fast enough than the others. Specially those who rely much on their powers and lacks physical stamina and strength.

The only fast ones I know are the saints that move faster than speed of sound then accelerator and gunha who uses their ability to travel at the speed of sound. Then theirs those professional magicians who are trained but still if it's just physical test only with out power ups or supports. His on the upper level. The only who brawls with him that doesn't use magic or power ups is tsuchimikado who is also a skill martial artist and great with guns and basically his the type of what you call genius.
Old 2010-08-30, 04:38   Link #380
fukarming

Thank you for all your replies.

I just watch an episode of railgun and found Kuroko vs some light optic user. Kuroko cannot hit her enemy so she ends up destroying the whole building and the guy is defeated. I cannot help but think Touma would be defeated in similar situation as well.
Closed Thread