AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 12:26   Link #61
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Finally decided to give in to curiosity and took a peek at the trailer(s)...

...Ahh CAPCOM... You and your over-the-top action sequences... I'm not a big fan of the whole God-Of-War angry man destroying everything stuff, but somehow the exaggerated faces of giant Buddhas doing battle just struck the right cords for me And of course- More Falcon punches than you can shake a stick at
You have to remember there is no one else as good at over-the-top battle sequences as capcom. Even RE5 got some. Woo! Boulder pawnch!

But seriously though, even if it'll end up being simple-minded violence I'm looking forward to hearing about Asura's Wrath.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 22:36   Link #62
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I approve of this madness

It's like I'm watching Gunbuster.
Old 2011-12-25, 23:12   Link #63
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's probably just me who feels this way, but I liked how this game looked back when it had a more "archaic" and "mythological" feel to it. I dunno if all this "sci-fi"-like stuff was intended from the start, but it kind of ruins the initial impression I had of the game. Now it just looks like some kind of mecha game without mecha.

The gameplay in those above videos isn't really that fun-looking either compared to the one-on-one fight video from earlier this year. It's looks more like one's watching a movie rather than actually playing a game.

It was still pretty MANRY action though so I can't complain. It's just so far looking like that the best and most fun parts of the game are gonna be the one-on-one boss battles.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-12-26 at 01:28.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 23:26   Link #64
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

The gameplay in those above videos isn't really that fun-looking either compared to the one-on-one fight video from earlier this year. It's looks more like one's watching a movie rather than actually playing a game.
Pretty sure it's just the "intro" of the game. You can see they show you all the credits and let you do something while watching those things instead of the long cutscene as usual. I'm not even sure you could call that "gameplay" as they are just some extra thing to keep your hand from being too free and bored with the intro.

You are right about the movie part, those, because probably it's just....a movie with quick time event. We are not even getting pass through the prologue. Asura's daughter is still there.
Old 2011-12-26, 01:18   Link #65
Dragonkid11
A random-man

I'm still wondering how humanity isn't facing extinction with all kind of crap happening...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:25   Link #66
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Awesome stuff, that is definitely referencing Gunbuster, the design of 'space monsters' and various camera shots like 3:46 of the first video. Oh and the Inazuma Kick.

Can't wait to get this.

EDIT: Ok, just watched video 2, that's definitely a reference to the Titan and Excelio Gravity Wells, along with Homing Laser, no doubt that's Top wo Nerae.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2011-12-26 at 01:44.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:51   Link #67
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

While this game certainly has the over-the-top elements in full spades, the gameplay looks uninsipiring and did not manage to distinguish itself from others of it's kind in my eyes.

As an example here, Devil May Cry started the trend. God Of War follows but set itself apart by it's easy input for combo and upped the Gore factor. Bayonetta is next by taking DMC's elements to a even higher level.

What does Asura's Warth have to offer to the table now ? I fear it will follow in Resident Evil 5's footsteps here; just the same old toy, but given a new shine in a fancy new package.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:56   Link #68
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think Asura's Wrath is trying to up the scale of things, not just in physical size but the story itself.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 09:18   Link #69
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
While this game certainly has the over-the-top elements in full spades, the gameplay looks uninsipiring and did not manage to distinguish itself from others of it's kind in my eyes.

As an example here, Devil May Cry started the trend. God Of War follows but set itself apart by it's easy input for combo and upped the Gore factor. Bayonetta is next by taking DMC's elements to a even higher level.

What does Asura's Warth have to offer to the table now ? I fear it will follow in Resident Evil 5's footsteps here; just the same old toy, but given a new shine in a fancy new package.
Yea, certainly not as inspiring as bayonetta's dodge->imput combo->dodge tactics. One thing Bayonetta shouldnt have changed, making you invincible during a dodge.

I'm certainly getting this game for the over the top story and mild looking gameplay. surely doesn't need a big fanservice to attract me. Tho Asura's wife is very attractive for a game character. the god chick is no slouch either.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-12-26 at 09:28.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 09:28   Link #70
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea, certainly not as inspiring as bayonetta's dodge->imput combo->dodge tactics. One thing Bayonetta shouldnt have changed, making you invincible during a dodge.

I'm certainly getting this game for the over the top story and mild looking gameplay. surely doesn't need a big fanservice to attract me. Tho Asura's wife is very attractive for a game character. the god chick is no slouch either.
That's his daughter,and I think he is punching the space time continuum to get you now
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 13:47   Link #71
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
That's his daughter,and I think he is punching the space time continuum to get you now
Nooo... his Wife and the god chick who's in that video above. the white hair one.
Old 2011-12-26, 17:43   Link #72
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Looking awesome so far, I loved that over-the-top Intro.
No doubt it's going to be unique, Capcom know how to make Beat'em up games.

Look how unique Onimusha, DMC are from each other.
Old 2011-12-26, 19:43   Link #73
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Capcom didn't make this one, though. It's CyberConnect2. Camcom is only a publisher.
Old 2012-01-10, 23:54   Link #74
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Double posting, because the demo is out.
Could be a little bit spoiler, though.

The manly meter raises so high in this one.
Old 2012-01-10, 23:55   Link #75
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

That was one of the worst demos I've ever "played"
Old 2012-01-11, 01:47   Link #76
Skane
Anime Snark

Heh... wish they didn't use that particular piece of music, especially since the setting was in space, because all I could think of was the Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Cheers.
Old 2012-01-11, 02:14   Link #77
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Thought I recognized that music~

What a MANRY game~ <3
Old 2012-01-11, 07:31   Link #78
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Downloaded the demon. Man it's fun to play this game. Seems pretty easy, but probably in the actual game it gets harder in other levels.

I really want the full version now!
Old 2012-01-11, 08:09   Link #79
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

where can i play the demo?

ITS AWESOME!

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-01-11 at 13:03.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 14:12   Link #80
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Heh... wish they didn't use that particular piece of music, especially since the setting was in space, because all I could think of was the Legend of Galactic Heroes. :heh:
This is where I would respectfully disagree; I found that the music selection just... worked. See also: Shattered Horizon (and yes, the soundtrack for that game is available for free download on the site).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote