AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 01:13   Link #61
ChronoReverse

Interestingly enough, once you get to Lap 677, Mami is more easy to use than Kyouko or Sayaka.

Because everything kills you with one hit (I've seen 1500 damage) getting up close and personal is extremely dangerous.

Because it literally takes two minutes of continuous attacks just to kill the very first enemy you see, fighting up close is a good way to die.

Therefore, the ranged characters become far more effective simply because you can continuously keep the enemies at range and just hit them until they finally die.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 03:18   Link #62
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoWPzyVaaCs#t=6m42s

What song is this?

Other videos of this boss battle do not have that song.
It's the song in Agedum! Puella Magica! album from Visual Work Station. It's from C80. I think that he/she recorded it by open this song in louder voice so that you didn't hear the original song.
Old 2011-08-16, 09:02   Link #63
Qikz

I like Mami and Kyouko in this. I beat WPG in lap 1 by just using her down special every single time since you can spam it and it keeps you floating so you can keep using it. Pretty OP but it was only lap 1,
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:25   Link #64
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
It's the song in Agedum! Puella Magica! album from Visual Work Station. It's from C80. I think that he/she recorded it by open this song in louder voice so that you didn't hear the original song.
Ah, thank you.

Nocte of Desperatio is a good song.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:39   Link #65
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I've beaten lap 8 using Sayaka and Kyoko mapped to the same controls. Kind of fun but hectic. I should stop doing the laps in increments of 1. Getting really dull.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 01:57   Link #66
dark998

Save folder is supposed to be always empty? I can play just fine but all signs of progress get wiped out after closing the program.

Im using Windows Vista, btw.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 04:28   Link #67
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well people have to remember that this game was never really meant to be played solo you have to have a team or it really dose become impossible...

I actually do wonder if it's possible to mode the game at all? Maybe someone can make an online play patch and set up a privet server?
I don't know why Tasogare didn't make this online playable...they did so for Hisoutensoku and Hisouten...
Old 2011-08-18, 13:31   Link #68
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Save folder is supposed to be always empty? I can play just fine but all signs of progress get wiped out after closing the program.

Im using Windows Vista, btw.
The game will auto save when you beat the game. You can't save your progress while playing.
Old 2011-08-18, 16:41   Link #69
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

So what's the highest level you guys beat? I stopped at 677th playing with my friends. HomuMado combo really is key. Homu timestops, Mado spams 2-3 arrow storms at once. Will try the 2000 the next time I meet them again.

Kyouko is super crowd killer, along with Sayaka and her Nova Strike or whatever her special dash attack is called. Still can't grasp Mami though.
Old 2011-08-18, 17:25   Link #70
Arkanis

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
So what's the highest level you guys beat? I stopped at 677th playing with my friends. HomuMado combo really is key. Homu timestops, Mado spams 2-3 arrow storms at once. Will try the 2000 the next time I meet them again.

Kyouko is super crowd killer, along with Sayaka and her Nova Strike or whatever her special dash attack is called. Still can't grasp Mami though.
So you beat 677? I remember being on a livestream of people trying to defeat Charlotte on 677 but failing every time.

Edit: Ah, I meant Gertrud, not Charlotte.

Last edited by Arkanis; 2011-08-19 at 06:22.
Arkanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:03   Link #71
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanis View Post
So you beat 677? I remember being on a livestream of people trying to defeat Charlotte on 677 but failing every time.
If I had someone to partner with me to play Homura while I played Madoka (or vice versa), I'm convinced Lap 677 is entirely doable.

It would take a lot of care to not get plastered accidentally but the two cover each other's weaknesses very well.

If I had to take a third, I'd take Kyouko since her barrier is useful for knocking back enemies plus she has excellent short-ranged crowd control.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 01:52   Link #72
dark998

Quote:
The game will auto save when you beat the game. You can't save your progress while playing.
In my case no save was created even after finishing the lap. Later I realized that not installing it in the default location caused the problem. Couldn't change the key config either.

Everything works great now.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 03:40   Link #73
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Sigh, looks like the rumored sixth character is just a rumor. No mention in the wiki despite that all trophies were completed and stuff.
Old 2011-08-20, 03:58   Link #74
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainaka View Post
I really wish people wouldn't bash Mami in this game. It's like that's all I see everywhere I look, lol. She's the hardest to master and that's about it. Once you can master her she's downright amazing. Especially that Tiro Finale!

I feel like I'm the only one that feels that way. You can combo with her really well if you just know what the heck you're doing

I beat a few laps using just her in order to get better. Just takes time.
Mami = for the more skilled (or so I believe) :P
Kinda agree with you. Although I just got the game recently, I played with all of them, but Mami is my favorite.

Although She is a rifle user, she plays like a shotgun user in short-medium range. Pretty similar to Sayaka, especially both of them could jump over enemies, which is very useful in fighting bosses. Just jump over their back, and attack all the way we like.

Although I also agree that she felt kinda inferior compared to other girls. Her damage is so-so, her range is short, and she doesn't have that much health. Her charged rifle attack takes long time to charge fully, the damage isn't that great, and the range is short compared to Madoka's arrow and similar charged long-range attack.

But really, despite all of that, I find her to be the most enjoyable to use It just takes some time to get accustomed to her
Old 2011-08-20, 11:07   Link #75
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post

Er... sorry. I was a bit "drunk" when I type this. What I meant is I unlocked 677, not beat it. Sorry again.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2011-08-20 at 12:15.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 08:30   Link #76
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
So what happens if everyone dies? Will Kyubey come out instead?
Old 2011-09-09, 14:41   Link #77
zato_1one

Patch 1.10 released!

Translation plz.

Quote:
『griefsyndrome_update_110.exe』を実行してグリーフシンドロームをインスト ールしたフォルダを選択して下さい。

<アップデート内容>

・100LAP以降のALLクリア時にゲームがとまるなどの不具合修正

・新プレイヤーキャラクター「暁美ほむら(アナザー)」を追加しました
キャラクターセレクトで暁美ほむらにカーソルを合わせ、上下を入力することで切り替えます
生存状況や成長度、パラメータは通常の暁美ほむらと共有する形になります

・新プレイヤーキャラクター「キュゥべえ」を追加しました
プレイヤー人数に対し魔法少女が足りない場合のみ
やられてしまったキャラクターを選択する事で使用できます

http://www.tasofro.net/arc/index.html
http://www.tasofro.net/arc/griefsyndrome_update_110.exe
Old 2011-09-09, 15:25   Link #78
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Ah you already beat me to it.

Translations:

- Bug fixes: lap 100 all clear, others?

New character: Another Akemi Homura
Different moveset, stat progression is the same(?). To use her, select Homura and press Up.

New character: Kyubey
If you have more players than surviving player characters, the others can play as Kyubey. (?)

Now playing as Moemura is pretty fun. She's not as powerful as regular Homura, but still very useful.

Her normal attack is now a melee attack with her signature golf club. Doesn't pack to much punch, but satisfying nonetheless

Her up attack is now only pipe bombs, no mortars, and her down strong is the same as well, except for one difference. The pipe bombs are larger, take a little longer to explode, they don't explode on contact, and you can also take damage from your own pipe bombs.

Moemura's standing strong consist of charging her desert eagle shot. It's essentially Madoka's strong arrow charged. It knocks enemies far back.

Now Moemura's strongest, and best attack. Her forward strong consist of using the shotgun she stole in episode 10, and boy is it powerful. The spread is wide, but the knockback is POWERFUL. If up close, it does a ton of damage too, as expected from a shotgun. Jump canceling her forward strong is what makes her strong.

And of course, Moemura retains her timestop like her Hommando counterpart. Both Homura's have the exact same stats and level up the same. Just different movesets. Moemura is a harder character to use, and Homura is still the better character, but Moemura sure is fun to play

EDIT: Some things I just discovered. You can actually hit the pipe bombs like they are golf balls with your golf. They will explode on contact with enemies and they do high damage.

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-09-09 at 16:34.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 02:45   Link #79
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post

EDIT: Some things I just discovered. You can actually hit the pipe bombs like they are golf balls with your golf. They will explode on contact with enemies and they do high damage.
I was just messing around on a lower lap with her and it's fun to spam a few bombs and then freeze time and hit them all at once.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 15:35   Link #80
Poppyplop

I have a question...

I noticed on the wiki, in the FAQ section, they mention changing the BGM. Could someone explain that, please?
Poppyplop is offline   Reply With Quote