AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-12-27, 03:07   Link #9921
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
^ And why are you hanging out with those 'bad people'? I'm not your gf, so may you tell me?

Do the majority of members behave like that?
Well, it's pretty much to go play games as the name implies lol. Not all the members are like that; many of them are actually decent human beings with manners and stuff. I know a few of the guys there; we go there to play Smash or other Wii/Gamecube games from time to time since most the people I know are PS3 or XBox fanboys. The 'bad people' just happen to occupy the same room a majority of the time.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 14:49   Link #9922
Knightrunner

^^^
Sounds like my college game club except without the 'bad people'. They do have unusual personalities I usually enter the room during tournment times for Smash
Old 2011-12-28, 02:48   Link #9923
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Sanity is over-rated
Old 2011-12-28, 19:17   Link #9924
Hippo
Careful now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
I feel uncomfortable asking in real life so I'm asking here o.o
Ladies, do you think you have the right to know who your boyfriend hangs out with?
Do you feel rightly offended if he chooses to tell other people about his friends but not you?
I think it is reasonable to know who your boyfriend is spending his time with, he shouldn't have anything to hide. I don't think you should pry though- he has a right to his privacy, but if he is telling lies about what he is doing, or clearly hiding things from you, then I can understand why you would want to know. Trust has to run both ways, you have to trust him to have good judgement about who he spends time with, and he has to trust you and be open about any issues there may be with his friends.
Old 2011-12-29, 18:19   Link #9925
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

OK, so now here's my problem Can some of you lend me your opinions?
I have a crush on a guy But we were only classmates in college. We never talked privately, just in class We met for a very short time. We graduated 2 years ago. Well, he probably forgot me now. We live in different states now, both pursuing professional education. But we're friends on FB. And I'm very shy Do you think it's better to talk to him on FB anytime I have the courage to or wait to meet him again in real life?

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2011-12-29 at 18:38.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 19:15   Link #9926
Who

Quote:
I have a crush on a guy But we were only classmates in college. We never talked privately, just in class We met for a very short time. We graduated 2 years ago. Well, he probably forgot me now. We live in different states now, both pursuing professional education. But we're friends on FB. And I'm very shy Do you think it's better to talk to him on FB anytime I have the courage to or wait to meet him again in real life?
Do you have his phone number or have his screen name for instant messaging like MSN or Skype? Personally, I think that those are better than Facebook in the long run if you want to maintain conversations through long distance. However, I personally believe Facebook is best for the initial poke and prod, since you could just end up waiting on a call or a reply for a long time.

I can relate, since I'm in a similar situation where the girl I'm interested in transferred out because her parents made her (the new school being closer to her home and all) and I'm near graduation, so I maintain contact through Facebook/calls/text messaging. It's hard for me as well since I'm not really a confident guy either when it comes to pursuing girls and she's a very popular girl. Still, it gives me hope that she still maintains contact with me.

But that's enough about me, lol. Good luck on sniping him from afar.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 02:18   Link #9927
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
If you really want to get in touch with him again, use the means available to you. FB's a good start but there's very little privacy there. As Dr. Who above me said, Skype and MSN are better, phone convos even more so. You can get all of those from him through FB. Don't be so sure that he's forgotten you either, he may well remember you after 2 years. It's not that long ago Just have courage and go for it!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 03:28   Link #9928
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
or wait to meet him again in real life?
Just FYI, my long-planned 5-year reunion with my high school buddies was supposed to be taking place yesterday...and guess who was all alone :P Don't wait for things to come to you, take initiative instead. I'll third Skype, it's far better than FB.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 12:40   Link #9929
Hippo
Careful now.

Quote:
How long would you have to wait to see him in person again? Could be quite a while, I imagine- so make first contact with Facebook, either by posting on his wall or sending him a private message/ chat message. Do you know if he is single? Maybe if you are ever in the same town (eg visiting parents) then suggest meeting up for a drink. Good luck
Old 2011-12-30, 12:54   Link #9930
solomon

Here's a question.

Is it impossible to date with little money? (every thing seems so god'danged expensive)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 14:04   Link #9931
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Here's a question.

Is it impossible to date with little money? (every thing seems so god'danged expensive)
Impossible? No. Unlikely? Yes. You'd have to find someone who is understanding and willing to go on the cheap for dates. Good luck with that.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 15:16   Link #9932
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Here's a question.

It's entirely possible. However, at times you have to be very creative with how to stretch what little money you have. It helps to be positive as well.

Endless "It's NOT a cheap date!" Soul
Old 2011-12-30, 16:37   Link #9933
solomon

Oh I am positive alright.

Still as a dude, you have that weight on your shoulders that YOU must be the MAN and pay for everything.

I'm learning how to cook for what it's worth.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 16:43   Link #9934
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
I'm learning how to cook for what it's worth.
I think this was discussed earlier in this thread, but cooking skills are a major plus. Oftentimes, cooking for your date can be a lot cheaper and more entertaining. It worked quite well for me.

Endless "Iron Chef" Soul
Old 2011-12-30, 19:22   Link #9935
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

haha... Thanks all
Old 2011-12-30, 21:38   Link #9936
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I think this was discussed earlier in this thread, but cooking skills are a major plus. Oftentimes, cooking for your date can be a lot cheaper and more entertaining. It worked quite well for me.

Endless "Iron Chef" Soul
I agree, afterall a MAN knowing how to cook is a PLUSxPLUSxPLUS!! at least for me Its adorable too...
Sky Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 02:05   Link #9937
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Another question If you found that your partner was (not exactly cheating) flirting with a girl behind your back, you asked about her but he didn't tell, you confronted him, you expected him to be honest/straightforward with you so you could forgive him and move on. But unexpectedly, he's denying it at all costs. You lost to him verbally Would you just cut him loose?

PS: Let's say you had solid evidence.

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2011-12-31 at 17:55.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 02:17   Link #9938
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Are you sure he was doing these things? Positively, without a doubt?
Old 2011-12-31, 02:20   Link #9939
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Another question If you found that your partner was (not exactly cheating) flirting with a girl behind your back, you asked about her but he didn't tell, you confronted him, you expected him to be honest/straightforward with you so you could forgive him and move on. But unexpectedly, he's denying it at all costs. You lost to him verbally Would you just cut him loose?
I can't speak from a girl's perspective, but I can say that if I found my gf flirting with another guy and was completely certain about it, but she would do whatever it takes to deny it, I would be quite suspicious. Why can't she tell me? I saw her, and we're in a relationship so ideally we should be open with each other about these things. I wouldn't hide anything from her about people I see and meet up with. I would find it unfair. I would cut contact with her until she comes out with it. If she still can't, then I would just forgot about her entirely and move on.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 03:10   Link #9940
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It it happened once, I'd let it slide. If this kept going on for quite some time, I'd call him a liar, he'd call me insane, and we wouldn't talk to each other again..
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom