AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 11:54   Link #1321
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I too believe it is pure coincidence. However it could also be the case of so near yet so far. From what I observed in previous chapter, it seems that Hayate is not blood related to his current parents. When his father held him up, he already has the intention to use him like a tool.With the addition that Nagi's parents resemble him, I believe that he might be Nagi's elder brother. Mikado is a man with many plans, whi knows that he do it so that he can mold Hayate to be a great man instead of some rich faggot. That is why he gave Hayate the stone as a sign that he is related to the Sanzenin family.
Wtf? That's like Gundam Seed all over again! And I hated how that show handled the issue...
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 12:52   Link #1322
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

. . .
I thought there's a chapter in which the name 'Hayate' was originated. And If I remember it correctly, the scene was in the hospital, which might hint that it was at the time when Hayate was born.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 15:11   Link #1323
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
. . .
I thought there's a chapter in which the name 'Hayate' was originated. And If I remember it correctly, the scene was in the hospital, which might hint that it was at the time when Hayate was born.
He was named "Hayate" because his parents wanted him to be able to run away like a gust of wind from debt collecters
Old 2009-06-22, 00:13   Link #1324
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

This is neither here nor there, but I wanted to see what other people's thoughts about this were.

I was browsing through another forum and someone threw out the idea that Maria could be Athena's sister. Now from here, I've got three things to say:

1) If it were true, than this would easily explain why Maria appeared in the mirror in the castle.

2) Also, if I remember correctly, Athena referred to Mikado as "Uncle" at one point. So if Maria is in fact Athena's sister (or at least, related to her), then that would also mean she's related to Nagi somehow (probably a cousin like Sakuya).

3) If Maria is another relative, than what exactly is up with this entire family? Athena, Nagi and Maria are all parentless (or at least seem that way). Although Nagi did have a mother (and barring the fact that she has past away), they have yet to speak of her father.

Although, if this has already been posted in this topic, sorry about that. 67 pages is a bit much to skim through to find something like this @_@
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 01:16   Link #1325
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I was browsing through another forum and someone threw out the idea that Maria could be Athena's sister.
Haha... primuler had just stated that possibility on the last page.

Quote:
2) Also, if I remember correctly, Athena referred to Mikado as "Uncle" at one point.
I don't remember Athena referring to Mikado as "uncle." In addition, unless you're saying she's like Isumi and Sakuya, Athena has her own family (check chapter 184, there's an article in a newspaper about the daughter of the Tennōsu family still being missing). That, and for all we know, Maria isn't related to Mikado by blood.

Quote:
Athena, Nagi and Maria are all parentless (or at least seem that way).
And so are Hina and Hayate.

I remember reading a theory in a Japanese blog about Athena being the same as Hayate, in the sense that she also had terrible parents. That'd explain why she was so touchy whenever 'parents' were mentioned.
Old 2009-06-22, 03:33   Link #1326
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
True HnG Ending: Hayate x Yukariko hahaha

but seriously

it's probably just pure coincidence or just some distant relativity.
Most probably pure coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
From what I observed in previous chapter, it seems that Hayate is not blood related to his current parents. When his father held him up, he already has the intention to use him like a tool.With the addition that Nagi's parents resemble him, I believe that he might be Nagi's elder brother. Mikado is a man with many plans, whi knows that he do it so that he can mold Hayate to be a great man instead of some rich faggot. That is why he gave Hayate the stone as a sign that he is related to the Sanzenin family.
You know, Nagi once said 'Don't relate yourself to me.' in Shimoda arc. I think she said she's certain that he is not related to her.

And also, Hata mentioned that all the people who have Sanzenin heritage has sharp, pointy eyes like Nagi. And that's the reason why Sakuya has kinda pointy eye as well. (If this is the case, Athena could be related to Sanzenins)

And I'm surprised that no one mentioned this yet. I was kind of lazy, but since no one is bothering to do so, I will.

Spoiler for chap229. So the 'golden haired girl' Sister mentioned was...:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 04:21   Link #1327
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Most probably pure coincidence.
I think it's rather hard for Yukariko to come across a poor looking guy in a butler suit, or is it his ancestor?

Quote:
This is neither here nor there, but I wanted to see what other people's thoughts about this were.

I was browsing through another forum and someone threw out the idea that Maria could be Athena's sister. Now from here, I've got three things to say:

1) If it were true, than this would easily explain why Maria appeared in the mirror in the castle.

2) Also, if I remember correctly, Athena referred to Mikado as "Uncle" at one point. So if Maria is in fact Athena's sister (or at least, related to her), then that would also mean she's related to Nagi somehow (probably a cousin like Sakuya).

3) If Maria is another relative, than what exactly is up with this entire family? Athena, Nagi and Maria are all parentless (or at least seem that way). Although Nagi did have a mother (and barring the fact that she has past away), they have yet to speak of her father.
...Or we could just safely say that Athena's family found and adopted Maria, became playmates when they were young, and sent to live with the Sanzenins to let her study, thus parting ways with her best friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Spoiler for chap229. So the 'golden haired girl' Sister mentioned was...:
So does that mean that she plans not to only get the stone, but Hayate too? I see, she plans to resolve things rather early
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 11:07   Link #1328
GDB

Quote:
If she did call Mikado Uncle, it was likely the standard way japanese people address middle aged men, not as an actual Uncle.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 12:10   Link #1329
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
So does that mean that she plans not to only get the stone, but Hayate too?
I think she was talking about the fact Hayate would get kicked out if he loses that stone.
Old 2009-06-23, 09:01   Link #1330
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think she was talking about the fact Hayate would get kicked out if he loses that stone.
Alright, but back in the ch229 spoiler Sister warned Nagi not to lose Hayate to her. I don't remember Sister giving a damn to show any type of concern to Hayate, or does she know anything disturbing about the golden-haired girl that we don't know yet?
Old 2009-06-23, 13:26   Link #1331
tsunade666

its interesting the chapter 229. Now for sure that sister knows something besides the letter
she receives. But how did she know about the golden haired one. Did sister actually see her?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 14:42   Link #1332
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Alright, but back in the ch229 spoiler Sister warned Nagi not to lose Hayate to her.
Yes, because Athena may be a bit more dangerous than any other person, and who knows what she plans on doing with the stones.
Old 2009-06-24, 07:29   Link #1333
leoblack9

Quote:
Yes, because Athena may be a bit more dangerous than any other person, and who knows what she plans on doing with the stones.
One of my guesses is that she's going to be one of those semi-villains who doesn't know they're just playing into the hands of a bigger, badder villain (e.g. I would place Mikado here since he caused some of the conflicts in the story).
Old 2009-06-26, 19:06   Link #1334
Fandal

Any one notice how some of Hayates most intense romance scenes are fighting/swordfighting scenes?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 20:30   Link #1335
Tom Bombadil

Spoiler pic of ch230
Old 2009-06-26, 23:44   Link #1336
Used Can

Wow...

Spoiler:

I love Hata. ♥
Old 2009-06-27, 03:31   Link #1337
tsunade666

athena below the shinning moon. Can't read japanese good thing theirs atlas but still didn't make sense. The comments their. But its awesome thanks for it.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 13:12   Link #1338
Used Can

Spoiler:

I think we've got to wait for primuler.
Old 2009-06-27, 22:56   Link #1339
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Spoiler:

I think we've got to wait for primuler.
*wakes up*

(in sleepy voice) did someone say my name?

This week's spoilers... righto.

Spoiler for 230. This chapter reveals more mysteries about Yukiji.:

I'm darn tired for some unknown reason...

*falls asleep again*
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 23:37   Link #1340
Sixth
Hu Tao

The young Katsura almost look identical to Athena..I was thought that the girl in the picture is Athena in the first place...but later, I realized it is young Kastura...LOL

and how long will the writer intended to tease us about Athena and Hayate meeting?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen