AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 09:31   Link #4961
rinichan

why would they reboot ?? they already continued with a new direction the akito way, and more behind the scenes...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:29   Link #4962
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
why would they reboot ?? they already continued with a new direction the akito way, and more behind the scenes...
Problem is though we don't know how Akito ends. So they might have to reboot R2 or whatever. The Akito storyline though might make a good jumping off point though.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 23:42   Link #4963
Aquaman OS

Because R2 more or less killed any future conflict or development that might happen.

And while they could continue to make prequels, prequels are usually cheapened by the fact that the end results are predetermined. For example, in Akito, we already know they can't make any decent headway against Britannia, and if Suzaku ever gets involved he won't ever be defeated, because R2 has to happen as is. They'd probably like to move past that.

Plus it's the new thing to make a anime film based on mecha series that changes the story. Eva started it, Macross Frontier, Eureka 7 and Aquarion followed it. Now it's Geass's turn apparantly.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 09:43   Link #4964
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Because R2 more or less killed any future conflict or development that might happen.
Hmmm..I don't really want to see any sequels to R2, to be honest, but they could simply skip forward ten or twenty or fifty years and so on. After all, Lelouch's plan was not about creating a permanent peace that will last until the end of time, so it's not very difficult to come up with a new source of conflict. I just don't have a lot of hopes for it.

Quote:
And while they could continue to make prequels, prequels are usually cheapened by the fact that the end results are predetermined. For example, in Akito, we already know they can't make any decent headway against Britannia, and if Suzaku ever gets involved he won't ever be defeated, because R2 has to happen as is. They'd probably like to move past that.
That's certainly open to debate, but it doesn't really stop Sunrise from creating lots of side stories to the One Year War or even something like Gundam Unicorn, where you could argue nothing really matters to the universe as a whole since the events of F91 and Victory are still going to happen several decades down the road.

In the end, whether or not this is "cheap" depends on the viewer's expectations. I don't expect Akito to alter the large scheme of things, but that doesn't stop me from finding the exact details and specific developments involved to be interesting, especially since the European front is essentially a blank slate in most ways. The known "end results" are barely a rough outline, which this new story can at least partially re-interpret from a radically different point of view, considering all the existing gaps.

Likewise, we already know what will ultimately happen to old characters like Suzaku or C.C. but it's still nice to get a little more information that expands on their biographies, so to speak, since we never even got a glimpse into C.C.'s actions as head of the Geass cult (which is the period when she apparently met Leila) and Suzaku's screen time in Europe was previously limited to about five minutes or so. He won't die here, of course, but someone like him can fufill another role.

Quote:
Plus it's the new thing to make a anime film based on mecha series that changes the story. Eva started it, Macross Frontier, Eureka 7 and Aquarion followed it. Now it's Geass's turn apparantly.
I'd agree, but it's still worth keeping in mind that those films aren't true "reboots" in every sense of the word, considering they aren't establishing a completely new status quo, going forward, but rather telling a parallel or alternate version of it. They aren't canonical replacements meant to completely overwrite the story of the original productions in retrospect.

Last edited by Xander; 2012-11-10 at 10:14.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:57   Link #4965
Scherzo09

I'd actually like to do a Code Geass 'reboot' of sorts at some point, which would make Geass more tonally like something like Christopher Nolan Batman. Its mostly an idle thought so far though.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:54   Link #4966
Blackmambauk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
I'd actually like to do a Code Geass 'reboot' of sorts at some point, which would make Geass more tonally like something like Christopher Nolan Batman. Its mostly an idle thought so far though.
In a way I think most fans of Code Geass would love to see a reboot of it. And personally I would as well, Hopefully sunrise would give the writers more faith and allow them to do the material they wanted to do, at the pace they wanted to, and to the degree it was capable of. But somehow I doubt that will happen, Sunrise always move on to either the latest Gundam series or Gundam clone series.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 16:19   Link #4967
Xander

To turn this thread around a little bit...what would you change about C.C. for a reboot?

I'd keep her almost entirely the same in terms of character. Just focus on filling in some of the large blanks remaining in her background and personal history.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 17:21   Link #4968
Blackmambauk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
To turn this thread around a little bit...what would you change about C.C. for a reboot?

I'd keep her almost entirely the same in terms of character. Just focus on filling in some of the large blanks remaining in her background and personal history.
agreed, her history is very interesting, would like to know when she developed her death wish, has it been a few years, decades, centuries, as that would help to explain her choice of contractors' a bit if she has had it for a very long time, plus wonder if she ever had a real name, though that one might be best kept a secret since fan's would clash on it if they ever did reveal a real name for her, heard there's a guidebook for Oz and Akito that goes into her past a bit.

don't know which bits, but this is something to look out for.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 17:41   Link #4969
Scherzo09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post

Yeah, probably out of all the character's she'd be changed the least. Her and Lelouch are the core of the show. I think though I'd give more hints of CC's humanity and how Lelouch's passion, unwanted, brings that back out.

I have some more details about my setting too, but I dunno which thread would be the most appropriate to talk bout it in.
Old 2013-09-29, 17:50   Link #4970
daisukidayo5
dancing with the devil

i always love the relationship between lelouch and c.c.
not exactly lovers but idk an almost understood companionship. idk i just really loved it
and thought it was portrayed really well

- Lelouch Lamperouge
daisukidayo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:48   Link #4971
Scherzo09

Well the dynamic begins as something like Ryuk and Light at first; CC only sees Lelouch as amusing her, but over time he begins to bring out more of her human side she's tried to suppress.
Old 2013-10-05, 18:46   Link #4972
Empress Ayeka

I've always wondered about C.C's reproductive capability; like, could she still have kids since she's immortal? Would the kids be immortal? If so, she should totally do it; she could create a race of witches
Old 2013-10-05, 19:52   Link #4973
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Nope! Code only pass down to some one has strong enough Geass, and because there is no record of children that has Geass since the day they were born (I'm pretty sure that the children of Geass Order were kidnapped), so your assumption is invalid.

And an army of Witches is not enough. The one she should try to archive is an army of Demon Witches!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 02:00   Link #4974
selfdestruct91

I just got through with checking out some of the Picture Drama stuff and I have a question for Episode 8. The one where CC & Cecile were having their talk. Is it just me or did it seem somewhat weird with the way CC responded to the question on if she loves Lelouch? I mean it sounded like she was trying to figure out if what she may feel for Lelouch is truly love. Hence why the long pauses and whatnot. Then her answer "If it was love then I wouldn't be here", along those lines. It sounded like it was said somewhat melancholic. Maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong? It would be appreciated if I can get other people's interpretation.
selfdestruct91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 02:45   Link #4975
GundamFan0083

I would say CC loved him.
That is my opinion.
It was her true wish to be loved for real by someone (as was fleshed out in the R2 episode in C's World where Lelouch saves her from Charles).
Old 2016-12-03, 15:04   Link #4976
selfdestruct91

Hmm yeah that's what I've thought. That Picture Drama scene really has her come off shady with the response so I don't really get why people try to use it as a reason she doesn't love him lol
selfdestruct91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 08:37   Link #4977
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.

Didn't C.C say in the penultimate episode that "she decided to stop accumulating experiences, and she would try to live "properly" from that point?" (I'm paraphrasing but you get it) ; that came after Lelouch promised to make her smile and while she was unsure whether she loved him (note : Kallen asked her while battling together to which C.C. responded "who knows?") we are to assume, that she did...then again, who didn't love Lelouch loool

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 14:13   Link #4978
GundamFan0083

Depends on whether you watch Code Geass in Japanese, a fansub, or the English Dub. In the English it is made clear that CC was in love with Lelouch because when she and Kallen fight CC realizes she is fighting to win and that she actually cares (something she didn't do before). Also one of the picture dramas talk about this.
Also, we have to take into account the events of both Akito and Renya with regard to CC and Lelouch.

However, we have a new series coming up and so what came before will be subject to whatever new material comes out. We may finally get to see CC and Lelouch as a couple.
Old 2016-12-14, 14:53   Link #4979
kipzizz
Nobody Taught Us To Quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Depends on whether you watch Code Geass in Japanese, a fansub, or the English Dub.
How is it different in any other version? The scene is pretty much identical, word-to-word.

愛するって 心から 心へと 残していくことだと 思う。
kipzizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 15:17   Link #4980
GundamFan0083

Some fansub versions were quite different in the wording. I remember getting a very different view of the scene after watching the English dub.