AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-19, 15:58   Link #301
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCake View Post
well I wouldn't call it multiple personality since he has perfect conscience of its existence and of what happened while it was "out"
well even people with multiple personalities can be aware of their existence (especially if they are in therapy).
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-03-20, 14:51   Link #302
MsAnimesong
#1 Anime lover!=]

She does have a point!=]
Old 2010-03-20, 14:55   Link #303
MsAnimesong
#1 Anime lover!=]

Sometimes he remembers sometimes he doesn't!
Old 2010-03-20, 21:18   Link #304
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

sometimes I think that Ichigo forgets that hes powerful.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2010-03-22, 18:37   Link #305
TheCake

Quoted for truth!
Old 2010-03-22, 18:53   Link #306
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCake View Post
Quoted for truth!
but you didn't quote anything
Old 2010-03-22, 19:17   Link #307
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
but you didn't quote anything
He quotes with imaginary ink

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2010-03-22, 20:11   Link #308
Vinak
Procrastinator

Aizen hid the quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:54   Link #309
anuzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
My thoughts on Strawberry and his hollow powers.

1:

His power is undeniably rigged. His hollow power is cool in the first few fights, but it eventually became a crutch/plot convenience. While he has Shinigami powers, augmented by his healthy physique would've atleast made him a lieutenant, eventually.

However, due to his hollow powers he can now fight with augmented strength via a 'third party', 'third party' being Hichigo. His bankai has lost it's popularity, as he has been forced to use it more times then not, making it stale to me. The last time I liked his bankai was during his Grimmjow fight. Though it was a killjoy Orihime was there with her wallowing in self-pity.

Ichigo has 75 points in strength, Hichigo has 500 in strength. That augments it to 575. This is both a jab of how much stronger his hollow is, and how much he relies on it to win nowadays.

2:

It's skeptical, in my opinion - that his hollow/Orihime/Zangetsu would let him die. Hichigo will die along with him, so he forces Ichigo's body 'beyond the limit'. (A constantly used lifesaver in abttles that would actually KILL him.) Orihime, being the stereotypical mary-sue healer saves Ichigo with... amazing healing powers! Who saw that coming? Zangetsu is his 'other self', his 'spirit in him'. He isn't suppose to intervene, but help him when necessary. Necessary being when he is actually holding back his powers subconsciously or purposefully for varying reasons. (But sometimes he saves him anyways, which is considered unlikely as explained about shinigami's zanpaktou's. Mind you, the excuse is/will be "Ichigo is special".)

Ichigo could probably be even stronger if he took the time to train his bankai without relying on his hollow. He could actually win against enemies without his hollow if he did train his body, and not his hollow's powers instead.

Hichigo must be getting tired of being a crutch, in my opinion. I think Hichigo is awesome, especially his seiyuu's 'evil laughter'. Then again, Johnny Yong Bosch does a good job with Hichigo, too.
Very true. its been said by other characters that his powers flucuate alot when fighting by himself without Hichigo. Look how far he went in such a short time when he had reason to just rain himself.

Mind u because of Hichigo battles have got alot more interesting to watch
Old 2010-04-01, 14:07   Link #310
paw24
Banned

ichigo's hollow power i think is he's emotions the power of the hollow is activated when he has emotional disstability
Old 2010-11-27, 02:04   Link #311
Hichi'sSammy

Honestly i think Hichigo is Ichigo's "otherhalf" i guess u could call it. i mean hes almost always nice,careing(ect.) so Hichigo is the balence to him kinda like Ying and Yang. ^.^ kinda like how a King has to be kind{ichi} yet harsh{hichi}
Old 2010-11-28, 05:08   Link #312
Hsadman
Lashloseus

I like how Hollow Ichigo can help Ichigo cheat death.

The first time in the pit, he was supposed to die, alas he comes out with a Hollow mask.

The second time, Renji rofl's him, and he survives because the Hollow mask took the hit.

The third time, Kenpachi lmao's him, and he survives again, because of the Hollow mask.

The fourth time, Ulquiorra bbqpwns him, and he comes back as Mr. Imba Hollow.

I tend to believe that Ichigo is in fact, dead. And that his 'Shinigami' existence was surviving through Zangetsu, or his Hollow. But that raises the question that since Zangetsu is gone after Migetsu, how is he living on?

I already raised the theory that since Ishida was feeling a reatisu lately, and Zangetsu/Hollow Ichigo is now known to be in
Spoiler for Manga:
we could guess that the Hogyoukou (No idea how to spell it) is keeping him 'human'. So he subliminally wished to be human, and the orb made that happen. Hence, the reatisu the others are feeling. I have no idea how the Hogyoukou attached to him..but hey, it's the Hogyoukou.

But something that really bugs me about Ichigo's hollow powers, is that the changing of mask design is never really explained. Just that it causes a greater burden on him, and is constant whenever he summons his mask after his transformation. Was it supposed to signify a greater connection between him and his Hollow? I have no idea.

Also, the question of Hichigo's origin comes to mind. I personally believe it was the pit. Ichigo 'died' and was made into a Hollow, but perhaps only half Hollow. Since Aizen states, he's half human half (He's cut off but it's clear that he was going to state Hollow). So, in that sense, the following 'deaths' of Ichigo were to a point, insignificant, since he was technically 'dead'.

Now, if all of that is true. The question of why didn't Hollow Ichigo just take over and become 'king' arises. I personally believe that he was living on through Zangetsu, so that somehow underplays Hichigo's attempts. Then at Migetsu, Hichigo and Zangetsu fuse, become one, and are gone as one after Migetsu. So in my theory, Hogyoukou comes along and helps Ichigo 'live on' as a human. Since it was subliminally, his wish.

Anyhow, this is all just a theory based on the belief that he's dead. So don't take it as a fact, just my opinion . Well, there's my rant, be free to differ, I love to see other's ideas about this predicament.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-11-30, 01:02   Link #313
Marikina

Does anybody have an artist's rendition of Hichigo's last form, but in Ichigo's color scheme? I was never much of a fan of the mangled look Ichigo used to defeat Ulquiorra, and thought that Hichigo's version was the cleaned-up one.
Old 2010-11-30, 10:40   Link #314
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
Since Aizen states, he's half human half (He's cut off but it's clear that he was going to state Hollow).
Actually, it's quite clear he was going to say "Shinigami", due to his father.
Ichigo is a Shinigami, but Aizen was talking hereditary and was emphasizing Ichigo's bloodline more than he was acquired powers.

Human: Masaki
Shinigami: Isshin
Old 2010-11-30, 10:44   Link #315
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
Actually, it's quite clear he was going to say "Shinigami", due to his father.
Ichigo is a Shinigami, but Aizen was talking hereditary.
Hmm, makes sense. But I believe it can be elaborated either way. Shinigami obviously because of his powers and bloodline, and Hollow because of well...his Hollow half.

Or perhaps Aizen was going to continue after that as well, stating "You're half Human, half Shinigami, and half Hollow."

I guess we might never know, we know Tite and his obsession with trolling.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-11-30, 10:47   Link #316
Anubis62

Quote:
Hmm, makes sense. But I believe it can be elaborated either way. Shinigami obviously because of his powers and bloodline, and Hollow because of well...his Hollow half.

Or perhaps Aizen was going to continue after that as well, stating "You're half Human, half Shinigami, and half Hollow."

I guess we might never know, we know Tite and his obsession with trolling.
It's an inside joke amongst Bleach fans that Ichigo is going to be half quincy next.
Old 2010-11-30, 10:50   Link #317
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
It's an inside joke amongst Bleach fans that Ichigo is going to be half quincy next.
He recognizes all his roots except his Hollow ones. He's obviously a racist.

If he is going to be revealed as half quincy, I predict he will master the Quincy arts in killing and lead the Hollowcaust.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-11-30, 13:05   Link #318
Anubis62

Quote:
He recognizes all his roots except his Hollow ones. He's obviously a racist.

If he is going to be revealed as half quincy, I predict he will master the Quincy arts in killing and lead the Hollowcaust.
Then the Soul Society will wage war on him and banish him to hell; making him half Human, half Shinigami, half Hollow, half Quincy, and half Sinner.

...just how many halves can a guy have?
Old 2010-11-30, 13:24   Link #319
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Then the Soul Society will wage war on him and banish him to hell; making him half Human, half Shinigami, half Hollow, half Quincy, and half Sinner.

...just how many halves can a guy have?
If you're Ichigo, then the amount of halves you can have is equivalent to the amounts of digits produced by 22/7.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-12-01, 16:28   Link #320
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It will be tempting to use your spoiler knowlege to debate a particular point, so don't even think about debating it. You know what I mean.
Where can we debate this? There is something I would like to contribute to said debate.
Closed Thread