AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-10, 22:53   Link #21
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Well, these can be seen on the site. I just linked directly to them.

I'm really digging the designs myself. Very nice looking and it really captures that RPG-ish feel. They all have some armor on them and it isn't too outlandish. I really like Ermey's design. =o
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 00:41   Link #22
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

Hmm... this looks interesting. I like the character designs, especially Ermey and Mert, though the two younger boys are really, really androgynous. It's also nice that the girls' clothing is of the practical-for-adventuring sort. If the characters can avoid being completely defined by their roles, this could be fun.

I wonder... there are two teams, so will the focus be on competition between the groups, or on fighting the monsters?
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 00:57   Link #23
DangerMouse

Yeah, I didn't realize you could actually save them since the interaction was all in flash on the site since they usually don't let you. But thanks regardless

Yeah, Emery's design is fantastic. As she looks like the action type who will be kicking butt as she's labeled the most experienced of the group she'll probably be one of my favorites. Another thing that hit me, Fatina's design and the look of her costume design reminds me of several of the sweet female designs with sorta futuristic uniforms I've seen in a bunch of Ugetsu Hakua's art books, that'll be nice to see in animation. I really like the feel that the costume and armor design in these character images are evoking for this show's fantasy setting.

BTW, as a dungeon crawler they might not have actually even hinted at any of the world's background, and given that this seems to be a re-launch of the franchise with the anime and MMO that a lot of stuff is going to be re-imagined so this is probably an unanswerable question in relation to the series anyway but, is the background story for the Druaga universe purely sword & sorcery fantasy or are there any nice technological touches? As mainly a JRPG gamer and fan both have produced fantastic stories when done well so I'm just curious.

Good question about the two groups characters. I think both can be good. In general I think there have been a lot of shows that focus on competition between groups so it would be nice to get something a little larger scale or maybe do both during the course of the series so that both teams get a lot of development and then we get a reason to root for both of them in the second half of the series or something "big" like that.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 09:38   Link #24
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Druaga is, by and large, all fantasy with gods, monsters, and swords. They might have "fantasy science" for the period in this though. I'm hoping it sticks relatively close to the original though because adding any technological element would be weird for this series.

And yeah, I definitely like the practicality of the designs particularly for the female characters. There are a few elements I'd snag on, mostly on Fatina's design, but I really like the rest.

I hope the interplay between the two parties will be good. The setup for them sounds like a good time for a fantasy series. The writer for this show was working with KyoAni prior to this series (FMP is the most notable but he did Haruhi and Lucky Star as I recall) so I'm expecting something pretty good in that area.
Old 2008-02-11, 18:18   Link #25
DangerMouse

Cool, thanks for the info.
Old 2008-02-12, 15:06   Link #26
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
OH DEAR GOD NO the game scared me life and now Gonzo has gotten a hold of it. I can only imagine the horror this anime will cause through out the anime community. Sigh why oh god why
Old 2008-02-19, 12:17   Link #27
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Story looks interesting. And am a huge fan of shounen fantasy stuff. So definitely checking it out, even if Gonzo had disappointed me at times ^^;

And more reason to watch it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post

Niva
VA: Sakurai Takahiro
Age 17
Male
Job: Archer
Despite his age, he's rather famous. He was given the nickname "Niva the Dragon Slayer." He is currently the leader of Fatina's experienced party.
The character who had caught my interest *loves archers* and is also voiced by a favorite voice actor *_* SPLENDID
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 13:28   Link #28
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Holy shit,
i read about the game earlyer and Damn, it sounds like finishing it without a walkthrou, is about the same as finishing a hard RPG.. while your screen is turned off.. and you have one hand tied behind you back.. and you can only use 2 fingers in the other hand...
or something like that..
#_#
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 11:14   Link #29
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

The official site released a new PV half an hour ago

http://druaga-anime.com/pv.html

It will automatically show the first PV,so just scroll down a bit to click PV2 [ NEW!! ]
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 16:07   Link #30
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I wonder if the color schemes are going to stick. All the black and very little coloring otherwise would be interesting.
Old 2008-03-10, 21:43   Link #31
DangerMouse

Interesting, didn't expect an updated trailer, nice of them. Looking forwards to seeing how it turns out in April
Old 2008-03-14, 01:45   Link #32
digiboy123
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to digiboy123
Been looking forward to this one since last year. Almost here!
digiboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 19:09   Link #33
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Very interesting news here.

http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/

No need for me now if this pans out! =o

Although the rental model and the limited region availability is kind icky.

Last edited by Shouta; 2008-03-20 at 19:39.
Old 2008-03-20, 20:22   Link #34
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Very interesting news here.

http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/

No need for me now if this pans out! =o

Although the rental model and the limited region availability is kind icky.

Well inside the Hakaba Kitaro thread, there is a plea for someone to sub Gegege no Kitaro 2007. Now that you have some free time.....
Old 2008-03-20, 20:24   Link #35
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well inside the Hakaba Kitaro thread, there is a plea for someone to sub Gegege no Kitaro 2007. Now that you have some free time.....
*runs and hides*
Old 2008-03-20, 21:43   Link #36
orion

But seriously, how would AS treat this? This is worldwide rights for internet distribution by BOST TV AFAIK. Would it be considered "licensed"?
Old 2008-03-20, 21:49   Link #37
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I really don't know. It's interesting because it's digital distribution rights. It may never get an official retail release which would be kind of bad.
Old 2008-03-21, 04:51   Link #38
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Whoa! More official.....ness!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ly-with-airing

I am a little curious about this title and would like this plan to succeed.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 07:19   Link #39
orion

Something about a season pass on the BOST TV forum too.
Old 2008-03-21, 08:33   Link #40
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Oooh, through youtube too? Nice. I hope this succeeds though. I think it may be time to yell at the community not to do anything with this show.

Last edited by Shouta; 2008-03-21 at 08:44.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg