AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-07, 13:06   Link #781
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
And with this, the doors of K-ON! season 3 have been busted wide open. I guess all that remains is an official announcement of KyoAni.
Maybe. This K-On manga relaunch could be an adaption of (or source material for) the K-On movie for all we know.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 13:18   Link #782
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

For an ending with real closure, it would be nice to....

Five young maidens wave from the stage to five women, each bearing an uncanny resemblence to themselves, and rocked the School Stadium with the same instruments and vibrance that their mothers rocked Budokan 17 years ago.

Principal Sawa-chan waved her cane an winks with a wrinkled smile at the five beautiful young mothers in the audience through her grey hair and thick-ancient glasses. Well done girls; Thank God your little girls take after you in every way.

The end.
Old 2011-02-07, 13:28   Link #783
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
For an ending with real closure, it would be nice to....

Five young maidens wave from the stage to five women, each bearing an uncanny resemblence to themselves, and rocked the School Stadium with the same instruments and vibrance that their mothers rocked Budokan 17 years ago.

Principal Sawa-chan waved her cane an winks with a wrinkled smile at the five beautiful young mothers in the audience through her grey hair and thick-ancient glasses. Well done girls; Thank God your little girls take after you in every way.

The end.
Old 2011-02-07, 13:30   Link #784
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

But of course we are going to skip the 17 years in between. This is NOT Beveryly Hills 90210 the Menopausal Years!!

Think of it more like the "Flash Forward" Finale of franchises like Dragonball Z, Fruits Basket and Kare Kano.
Old 2011-02-07, 13:49   Link #785
Goggen

Quote:
Think of it more like the "Flash Forward" Finale of franchises like Dragonball Z, Fruits Basket and Kare Kano.
I'd... rather not. (EDIT: Actually, it doesn't sound that bad. Just really... random. Doesn't sound like the type of ending that belongs in K-On, IMO. More of a "stock ending" you can tack onto pretty much every story. "And then, the next generation did the same thing, cool huh?" )

In any case, my feeling right now is that this will probably be the "manga version" of whatever story the movie will tell.
Old 2011-02-07, 14:04   Link #786
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Though it would be nice to see just HOW big Ton Chan can actually grow to...
Old 2011-02-07, 14:13   Link #787
Goggen

Quote:
Though it would be nice to see just HOW big Ton Chan can actually grow to...
Ton-chan doesn't exist in the manga, though...

EDIT: Well I suppose linking to it is a bad idea considering K-On! is licensed, but a scanlation website posted a pic of the actual announcement along with a translation:

Quote:
The story still goes on.
K-ON! restarts this spring!
Details to be announced in the next issue!! Don't miss it!
...yeah. Guess that pretty much confirms it's a continuation.

Last edited by Goggen; 2011-02-07 at 14:38. Reason: New info!
Old 2011-02-07, 17:04   Link #788
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Maybe. This K-On manga relaunch could be an adaption of (or source material for) the K-On movie for all we know.
Aside from the fact that I worded it a bit awkwardly (I meant to say that S3 would become a possibility), I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually aiming to go that far. Might depend on how well the movie does and if it's not a retelling, though.
Old 2011-02-07, 18:06   Link #789
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

so, if the manga is a continuation, it's either the film would contain what that continuation will be or the film would be a faqing retelling (oh shoot) DX i'm quite afraid that something might screw up.

anyhow, i've felt before that i'd better not see a 3rd season,but seeing now, i'm half happy and worried. DX

i am really hoping kakifly makes this after-grad manga worth the read.

he might introduce new characters. MALES? ohmg NOOO!!

L0L.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 18:13   Link #790
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
so, if the manga is a continuation, it's either the film would contain what that continuation will be or the film would be a faqing retelling (oh shoot) DX i'm quite afraid that something might screw up.

anyhow, i've felt before that i'd better not see a 3rd season,but seeing now, i'm half happy and worried. DX

i am really hoping kakifly makes this after-grad manga worth the read.

L0L.
Rather than males, I'm more afraid of something like the girls starting to drink or else XD lol
Old 2011-02-07, 18:24   Link #791
Goggen

Quote:
No males, they're going to an all-girls college after all. Come to think of it, I suspect Kakifly always planned to keep the series going after graduation and the choice of putting the characters in another girls school is an attempt at keeping things the same as far as can be done. The "ending" of the manga back in September is looking more than anything like a publicity stunt now, coordinated as it was with the ending of the anime and all...
Old 2011-02-07, 18:48   Link #792
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:

L0L.
THERE BETTER NOT BE ANYMORE MALES!!! D:<
The only males allowed in K-ON is Yui's Dad and Misc. Background people
Anymore is unacceptable!!
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 18:49   Link #793
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

it's an all-girls university. but what if the teacher was male or boys from other college start to hit on mah pure k-on girls? *shot*

Ok, i'm only going paranoid. LOL.

guys aren't you afraid on what might the film will contain.i have a feeling that if the manga resumes,the film is gonna be a bleh..it's anti climactic DX

btw, MAWWRR MUGI FILTER!! XDD
Old 2011-02-07, 18:55   Link #794
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Pics of the announcement
Old 2011-02-07, 18:56   Link #795
Goggen

Quote:
guys aren't you afraid on what might the film will contain.i have a feeling that if the manga resumes,the film is gonna be a bleh..it's anti climactic DX
Well, consider this... KyoAni announces K-On movie, expected to feature the girls in college. Kakifly announces continued K-On manga, expected to feature the girls in college...

It's not like this is a coincidence. I'm positive this was planned and coordinated a long time ago. The movie will be the anime version of the new manga (or the manga will be the, uh, manga version of the movie. whichever... )
Old 2011-02-07, 18:56   Link #796
Midonin
Last Engage

The future, it has been overwritten.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 19:24   Link #797
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post

It's not like this is a coincidence. I'm positive this was planned and coordinated a long time ago. The movie will be the anime version of the new manga (or the manga will be the, uh, manga version of the movie. whichever... )
i think as well. but that'd mean the manga's run will be short. or perhaps,the manga would go past the last scene of the film making it longer. ah, can't wait for march for more details.DX
Old 2011-02-08, 06:16   Link #798
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

New cast? Basically a copy of Genshiken Niidame.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 08:35   Link #799
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

My goodness, I sure missed a lot.
Anyways, PREPARE A FEAST ! NEXT SPRING WE DINE WITH CAKE AND TEA !
MagnaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 09:07   Link #800
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Fans of the comic, commence worrying. Graduation was a good point to end the comic, and Kakifly seemed satisfied with ending the story with the girls' high school graduation. Now he seems to have had an about-face on the issue.

So will he take it in a new direction, or will it be a rehash of old ideas packaged solely to milk the cash-cow?
I'd be worry more if the manga didn't drop hints that show that Kakifly was at least thinking about making more chapters. (Girls still together in an all-girls college, Ui and Jun joining the band, developing Jun's character, etc.) For all we know, he stopped the manga to work on the movie and/or to generate hype for the last tankobon. But honestly, the quality of the manga doesn't really matter, since the manga has always been quite average. The anime is the real quality work here.

My hope is that the manga will cover the main four in college really. The prospect of Yui without Ui or Nodoka to rely on is... intriguing. Not to mention anything set in college is bound to be more serious than one set in high school. Of course, it's far more likely for the manga to focus on Azusa and the new Keionbu while the seniors just drop by once per tankobon to show how "GROWN UP" they are now.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life