2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-01-30, 08:01   Link #161
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maids
When she materialized, he seemed more shocked by her beauty than by the serous breach of the laws of physics.
But hey, when Rin was first shown in the anime, Emiya looked as awe-struck with Rin as he did with Saber when she first appeared. If one situation is considered romantic, then the other must be considered romantic as well, else a double standard occurs. -_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy
Not romantic? The fact that Rin saved Shirou using a rare pendant is not enough of a hint that she did have a heart for him? In TYPEMOON universe, jewel magic took decades to charge and there is reason why Rin's father gave that particular pendant as a last gift to her before he left for 4th Grail War. After it is used once, jewel is useless as magical construct, sparing use is very crucial.
Heh, as someone who knows absolutely zilch about the game apart from what has been shown in the anime, how was I suppose to know that it takes a decade to charge? XD IIRC, all Archer said was that 'are you sure it was ok using a gem?' or something to that effect, and Rin says she still has a stockpile of them lying around, so from what I gather it wasn't that precious to her.

Quote:
Before the incident, Rin and Shirou did not talk much to each other. So that rules out friendship motive.
See, the only clue we have right now is that when Archer left to pursue Lancer, Rin said something like 'Why.... you?' when she realized it was Shirou who died. This tells us that Rin knew Shirou from before, otherwise how did she recognize him? Though why the heck Shirou doesn't remember her, only game players would know.

For the typical harem anime, childhood friends are an automatic love interest, no matter what they do. But for an anime as serious as this, it's risky to say that she did it out of her affection for Shirou, even though I WANT to believe that. For all we know, she has some undue debt from Shirou or something like that. Only time will tell.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 08:34   Link #162
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
But hey, when Rin was first shown in the anime, Emiya looked as awe-struck with Rin as he did with Saber when she first appeared. If one situation is considered romantic, then the other must be considered romantic as well, else a double standard occurs. -_^

Heh, as someone who knows absolutely zilch about the game apart from what has been shown in the anime, how was I suppose to know that it takes a decade to charge? XD IIRC, all Archer said was that 'are you sure it was ok using a gem?' or something to that effect, and Rin says she still has a stockpile of them lying around, so from what I gather it wasn't that precious to her.
Well in episode 4, she is flustered and screamed at limp body of Shirou that she has no more device to save him like last time. That should hint how precious the jewel is. It is clear that she lied that she has a lot of jewels to spare from that one off hand comment alone.

Quote:
See, the only clue we have right now is that when Archer left to pursue Lancer, Rin said something like 'Why.... you?' when she realized it was Shirou who died. This tells us that Rin knew Shirou from before, otherwise how did she recognize him? Though why the heck Shirou doesn't remember her, only game players would know.
Yeap, she knew him but she did not speak to him much. But I can see your point.

Quote:
For the typical harem anime, childhood friends are an automatic love interest, no matter what they do. But for an anime as serious as this, it's risky to say that she did it out of her affection for Shirou, even though I WANT to believe that. For all we know, she has some undue debt from Shirou or something like that. Only time will tell.
So is 99.99 percent of animes. There is reason why Genshiken members is excited about somebody's sister. Hahahah
Old 2006-01-30, 08:38   Link #163
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Well in episode 4, she is flustered and screamed at limp body of Shirou that she has no more device to save him like last time. That should hint how precious the jewel is. It is clear that she lied that she has a lot of jewels to spare from that one off hand comment alone.
I'm not quite sure of that yet. Quite possibly she didn't have more jewels at hand which are poweful enough to resurrect, the night was long. She used one against Saber (unsuccessfully), and possibly the big amulet she gained from her father was special (more poweful) because it came with a necklace chain.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 10:01   Link #164
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Well, he stares at her, although he doesn't indicate why. I'm not sure if he is struck by awe, however.

This seems more in line with awe:

She asks him the big question, "are you my master," and he can't answer. He claims her beauty has rendered him speechless.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 10:08   Link #165
shiro83

Rin: "who is she" kind of feeling
Saber: surprised, awe-struck etc
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 10:30   Link #166
Sokolov

*DISCLAIMER - I have no other experience with the FSN universe, all I know is the anime and thus my comments are based on that only

On Ilya:

Everybody lies.

We have no other information on why she was in that alley except for that she says. While she claims to be there to kill them both, the fact that she does not may be indicating other motives.

On Saber's Hesitation and Servants in General:

I am going to have to go with the camp that she does not kill Ilya because of Shirou's prior instructions regarding Rin.

But the whole thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. As I understand it, the Servants are NOT in their first Holy Grail War. They understand what is at stake and what their role is. They have likely encountered many of these same situations before. Shirou cannot be the first relunctant Master. Yet Saber's hesitation suggests that this "conflict" with her desire to perform her duty is new, which does not jive with her otherwise confident character about her role in this game.
Sokolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 14:39   Link #167
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maids
She asks him the big question, "are you my master," and he can't answer. He claims her beauty has rendered him speechless.
Big wide open eyes, mouth agape? I think he looked pretty awestruck here, well to me anyways. ^_^

And another, there's that thing about translations. The one I was watching back then, says that Shirou was awestruck by her elegance. Elegance in what? Her graceful attack movements? Even I thought how she parried Lancer's attack was pretty damn cool, and if I was Shirou, I'd be awestruck too.

Now in the other translation, which I just recently downloaded, it did say she looked beautiful. Which ones the more accurate one? I have no idea, since I only know a few choice words from japanese.

Not like it matters, though. This is because Saber is undoubtedly the main heroine of the series, and judging by polls past and present, the most popular one too. There's no reason as to why they won't go Saber's route, unless the makers want to piss off a great portion of their fan base. This means that it's sad to say that the others stand no chance at all, if the producers do indeed want a romance in the anime. -_-

Still, I'll fight ShirouxRin to the death! Just too bad with what little between the two has been shown so far, I'm currently grasping at straws for evidence of their relationship. 'Tis truly a losing battle. T_T
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:05   Link #168
ordnance11

Quote:
Still, I'll fight ShirouxRin to the death! Just too bad with what little between the two has been shown so far, I'm currently grasping at straws for evidence of their relationship. 'Tis truly a losing battle. T_T
Today 10:30
Well, don't give up hope yet. Shiro has complimented her. And Rin is a perfect tsundere.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:35   Link #169
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Well, don't give up hope yet. Shiro has complimented her. And Rin is a perfect tsundere.
She really is. If it were almost any other anime, I'd be worshipping at the alter of Rin's miniskirt. She's cute as hell and she has a ton of personality. And I get the tsundere fetish as well. For a tsundere, however, Rin's pretty collected. She's fiesty and a bit of a diva, but I can't see her throwing a lot of Shana-like fits, so you don't have to hide the glassware and crockery. She's just a really fun, appealing character (at this point).

But Saber just really does it for me. If I were Shirou, I'd be awestruck, dumbstruck, lightning struck, every kind of struck. She's like a knight in shining armor for boys.
Old 2006-01-30, 15:35   Link #170
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolov
But the whole thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. As I understand it, the Servants are NOT in their first Holy Grail War. They understand what is at stake and what their role is. They have likely encountered many of these same situations before. Shirou cannot be the first relunctant Master. Yet Saber's hesitation suggests that this "conflict" with her desire to perform her duty is new, which does not jive with her otherwise confident character about her role in this game.
This is the fifth Grail War. Servants are drawn from a pool of suitable heroes IIRC, so they may or may not have fought in a previous war. Also, since this is only the fifth iteration of a war so secret that witnesses have to be killed (though not secret enough that mass destruction is avoided, it seems ) it is very likely that Shirou is the only master who did not know what he was getting into - he doesn't even have enough magical knowledge to be a proper magi!
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:41   Link #171
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Maybe Shirou's magic ability is somehow untapped? It is a possibily right?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:46   Link #172
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

AHH urge to reply with game spoilers is killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Well its shown in the anime that theres more then meets the eye with Shirou. He was able to summon Saber, and he took Berserker's giant sword to his spine and lived, Rin commented that the wounds were healing on their own.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:55   Link #173
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Not really a spoiler since you would expect this, but:
Spoiler:
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:13   Link #174
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
AHH urge to reply with game spoilers is killing me

Well its shown in the anime that theres more then meets the eye with Shirou. He was able to summon Saber, and he took Berserker's giant sword to his spine and lived, Rin commented that the wounds were healing on their own.
umm rin commented that saber used her magic power to assist on shirou's recovering which is rare cos it should be the other way round
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:22   Link #175
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
umm rin commented that saber used her magic power to assist on shirou's recovering which is rare cos it should be the other way round
The way Rin said it inferred that she was not really sure why Shirou recovered, but she thought it was because of Saber.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:29   Link #176
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

^ pretty much what Mr. Guy said, Rin gave the best explaination she came up with but doesnt really know whats going on. What happened was Shirou taking a wound that would kill a normal person but his wounds healed on its own. The only explaination she can come up with at this time was that Shirou somehow accessed his servant's abilities, but she also mentioned that its normally impossible.
Old 2006-01-30, 18:35   Link #177
Retsoor

Never send a loli to do a man's job.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:39   Link #178
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
Never send a loli to do a man's job.
Thats because theres a whole differant set of jobs a loli is more suited for.
Old 2006-01-30, 18:47   Link #179
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Thats because theres a whole differant set of jobs a loli is more suited for.
and what kind of jobs is a loli suited for
Old 2006-01-30, 18:56   Link #180
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
and what kind of jobs is a loli suited for
I hear they make for excellent snacks. Don't tell Saber that. She already thinks hunger is the enemy and the loli is the enemy. Being the pragmatist that she is, she might decide to kill two birds with one stone.