AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-03-25, 01:34   Link #1
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Eien no Aseria - Spirit of the Eternity Sword

For information about this series click at the link below.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5531

After a nine month hiatus, finally, the second chapter OVA has come out.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 01:40   Link #2
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Wasn't the first one already fansubbed by lucky? Possibly some other folks too?
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 00:52   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

AnimeYuki is subbing Aseria, and they have now released episode two.

Though they started the sub from episode two.
Old 2006-05-02, 02:01   Link #4
evil-samurai

I remember this show the one the male lead was fighting agaisn't the enemy's and whenever he hit them with a sword they just went *poof* and in the middle of battle he was freaking out over the whole thing while you sit back thinking what the? Well it was enjoyable as crappy as it was sometimes, will have to check out the second episode.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-05-02 at 02:15.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 02:32   Link #5
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
I remember this show the one the male lead was fighting agaisn't the enemy's and whenever he hit them with a sword they just went *poof* and in the middle of battle he was freaking out over the whole thing while you sit back thinking what the? Well it was enjoyable as crappy as it was sometimes, will have to check out the second episode.
I could not understand what was going on in the first episode because not much was disclosed about the characters.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Wasn't the first one already fansubbed by lucky? Possibly some other folks too?
Last Update!! AnimeYuki also subbed and released episode one, as well.
Old 2006-05-03, 01:20   Link #6
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm impressed with the overall change in production values of animation for the second episode, compared to the first.

The character's move more fluidly and their gestures, particularly the eyes, show more expression. Colors are neat and neither so gloomy nor so bright.

As for the music, it is mostly generic soundtrack but there were quite few tunes that I liked played with string guitar, especially for the duel fights.

It proves that the producers did not spend a nine month hiatus to waste.

Just like in the previous episode the plot moved very fast, though it kept argument and storytelling devices concise and synthesized so as for the viewer to grasp what is going on in that world.
Fortunately, some questions raised in episode one are answered in this one.

Spoiler:

Putting the pieces gathered.
Spoiler:

Plus some interesting characters arise.
Spoiler:

Episode two brings forth interesting characters and twists plus much cool action, though it still left unanswered some issues.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-03, 03:42   Link #7
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Whats the release schedule for this (in japan) i know since its an OVA its not released weekly, and only on DVD right?
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 08:57   Link #8
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Whats the release schedule for this (in japan) i know since its an OVA its not released weekly, and only on DVD right?
Its a four episode OVA, direct to DVD sale.

The first episode came out in June 2005 and the second one by March 2006. There was a nine month hiatus between episode one and two.

The episodes do not have a spoiler preview for the next one, so it is impossible to tell when the next chapter is coming out.

Long delays for OVA chapters are mostly due that 1) the title in question is neither a big hit among fans nor manages to make decent profits, according to the studios' estimates or 2) the studio faces a financial crisis that either forces it to go bankrupt and have to close down or has no other choice to postpone investing work and sources for any ongoing projects.

Whatever the case, if OVAs do not sell well, studios executives make their decision to discontinue the series regardless if it's left unfinished.

It's too early for an announcement when will the third chapter OVA for Aseria is coming out. Likely, we'll have to wait next year for the next release. If no announcement is made within a year, then take for granted that the OVA has been discontinued and pulled out.
Old 2007-05-28, 15:17   Link #9
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
It's too early for an announcement when will the third chapter OVA for Aseria is coming out. Likely, we'll have to wait next year for the next release. If no announcement is made within a year, then take for granted that the OVA has been discontinued and pulled out.
It's been a little more then a year, so what's the news? Dead?
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote