AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-25, 16:16   Link #1
Ialdaboth

Demonbane TV

While this series has not yet been licensed we have received a C&D from Kadokawa Pictures USA, we therefore won't be listing fansubs of this series here on AnimeSuki anymore.

Please note that Kadokawa are acting on the behalf of the Japanese IP owners, Kadokawa Pictures USA themselves do not license such series but act as a master licensor, a middle-man who sells on the license to (typically) American anime companies. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Looks like we didn't have a Demonbane TV series topic anymore.

supervision : Shoichi Masuo
Series composition : Yousuke Kuroda,
Chara-design : Hideki Hashimoto & Masaaki Sakurai
Animation : Viewworks

http://www.demonbane.com/topics.html

There should be a preview screening at Comiket 69.

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-11 at 09:00. Reason: Kadokawa update
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 16:58   Link #2
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Hey, forgot about Demonbane for a bit there

And, I must be one of few who actually enjoyed the OAV very much

Of course, the nosebleeder in me would want a slice of romance in this TV series, I mean it could work....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 18:49   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The game does have romance in it. It just wasn't in the OVA since the OVA was focused on that new girl and not on the cast of the actual game.
Old 2005-12-25, 19:01   Link #4
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
The game does have romance in it. It just wasn't in the OVA since the OVA was focused on that new girl and not on the cast of the actual game.
But wouldn't it be nice if this TV series has it too? It's understandable for the OAV because it was just one ep, but if the TV series has it, I'm all over it.
Old 2005-12-25, 19:14   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
But wouldn't it be nice if this TV series has it too? It's understandable for the OAV because it was just one ep, but if the TV series has it, I'm all over it.
Are you talking about the girl in the OVA, or the romance? (since you say "it" I'm confused....)
Old 2005-12-25, 19:42   Link #6
mangatron

Quote:
Are you talking about the girl in the OVA, or the romance? (since you say "it" I'm confused....)
lol I'm sorry, I do realize I would want both, but, truth to the matter is I meant romance

But hey, both wouldn't be so bad either
Old 2005-12-25, 20:18   Link #7
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
lol I'm sorry, I do realize I would want both, but, truth to the matter is I meant romance

But hey, both wouldn't be so bad either
But the main dude in love with a loli! hhmmm

But whatever the case I woulnd mind some romance either.

Oh, and I like your nekomimi mode Nanami chan.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 20:22   Link #8
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
But the main dude in love with a loli! hhmmm

But whatever the case I woulnd mind some romance either.

Oh, and I like your nekomimi mode Nanami chan.
But you never know what they'll do with the TV series now do you?

And your the first one to realize it's Nanami in my sig. Kudos!
Old 2005-12-25, 20:33   Link #9
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
But you never know what they'll do with the TV series now do you?

Also just wondering why is she wearing leather? hehe. sexy I might add.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 20:44   Link #10
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
Also just wondering why is she wearing leather? hehe. sexy I might add.
That scene is at the end of her Story arc in the game, it happens after "the accident" and "awakening of the Ken" (you'll note my post in the Lamune fansub thread)

I cannot get enough of Lamune
Old 2005-12-25, 22:52   Link #11
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Actually, I knew when I first saw it, but I figured tat it was kinda obvious, or at least obvious to those who know something about the game.

I seriously doubt that they're going to take the romance out of the anime series, seeing as how the creator or whatever of the anime said he made a loyal recreation of the game in the anime, and the relationship between Kuro and Al is kinda imperative for that to be true since it was central in the game.

That scene with Nanami in leather is...well...from a certain kind of scene that you wouldn't see in something *ahem* approved for younger viewers. Note that in Mangatron's sig, you can't see much below Nanami's neck aside from her left arm and...yeah, well, you know...
Old 2005-12-25, 23:09   Link #12
mangatron

Quote:
That scene with Nanami in leather is...well...from a certain kind of scene that you wouldn't see in something *ahem* approved for younger viewers. Note that in Mangatron's sig, you can't see much below Nanami's neck aside from her left arm and...yeah, well, you know...
I would like you to take an even closer look. I, *EHEM* covered her B.....her Br....her...you know, up top....covered it a bit because,....you know...And I purposely put that "Thanking Nekonekosoft" in that particular spot because.....it's somewhat alot of skin revelaed and come on, its in every post I put it in, it takes a whole lot of good control not to nosebleed over her

And back to Demonbane I do hope the mecha's will just be a side addition, you know, side order at the restaurant for something that has a cute little girl in it, I'm somewhat not really into seeing a really big mech too much
Old 2005-12-25, 23:31   Link #13
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
And back to Demonbane I do hope the mecha's will just be a side addition, you know, side order at the restaurant for something that has a cute little girl in it, I'm somewhat not really into seeing a really big mech too much
Oh hell no. Removing Demonbane and the Black Lodge mechas is like removing the cheese from a cheeseburger!!
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 23:37   Link #14
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Oh hell no. Removing Demonbane and the Black Lodge mechas is like removing the cheese from a cheeseburger!!
But I said just a bit on the side I didn't mean remove, just...have some more character involvment than other series

I mean, in the OAV the mech's got quite some time [ in the end...lol..], it was nice....but maybe I'm just too much expecting romance from a mecha anime
Old 2005-12-25, 23:41   Link #15
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
But I said just a bit on the side I didn't mean remove, just...have some more character involvment than other series

I mean, in the OAV the mech's got quite some time [ in the end...lol..], it was nice....but maybe I'm just too much expecting romance from a mecha anime
Yes, but if you put the cheese to the side, you get a burger with cheese, rather than a cheeseburger.

Oh well, I'm happily awaiting to see Daijuuji and Al kick some serious ass.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 00:26   Link #16
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Yes, but if you put the cheese to the side, you get a burger with cheese, rather than a cheeseburger.

Oh well, I'm happily awaiting to see Daijuuji and Al kick some serious ass.
Hey, I'm sure Elsa will be here too, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her. I wanna see more action from her!

But in the end, there's cheese in the burger, so the amount of ingredients is the same, right?

I'm so lol'ing at this cheeseburger discussion
Old 2005-12-26, 01:19   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I would like you to take an even closer look. I, *EHEM* covered her B.....her Br....her...you know, up top....covered it a bit because,....you know...And I purposely put that "Thanking Nekonekosoft" in that particular spot because.....it's somewhat alot of skin revelaed and come on, its in every post I put it in, it takes a whole lot of good control not to nosebleed over her
Dude....that was my point....you had cut the image to just below the neck so there wasn't anything inapropriate in your sig...please recognize when people are giving you credit instead of saying they haven't noticed it or stuff like that...

Quote:
Buddy, the mecha were never an overwhelming part of Demonbane. We never went into any huge story involving the birth of Deus Machina or who first created them or such, the focus of Demonbane was on "characters that utilize mecha", not "mecha that kick ass."
Old 2005-12-26, 01:39   Link #18
mangatron

Quote:
Dude....that was my point....you had cut the image to just below the neck so there wasn't anything inapropriate in your sig...please recognize when people are giving you credit instead of saying they haven't noticed it or stuff like that...
No really, I had actually had to edit the pic because despite cutting it below the neck, there was still some of her top showing. Let me show you the example:

Spoiler for original layout, un edited. May be unsuitable for some.:

I hope you see what I meant, I didn't mean to sound otherwise.
Old 2005-12-26, 01:49   Link #19
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
No really, I had actually had to edit the pic because despite cutting it below the neck, there was still some of her top showing. Let me show you the example:

Spoiler for original layout, un edited. May be unsuitable for some.:

I hope you see what I meant, I didn't mean to sound otherwise.
Err, yeah, I did see that. I have the CG fromthe game.

Anyway, it ticks me off that this series is going to be a mere 12 episodes according to the staff. What is up with anime staffs and their recent addiction to 12-14 episode length?
Old 2005-12-26, 02:09   Link #20
mangatron

Quote:
Anyway, it ticks me off that this series is going to be a mere 12 episodes according to the staff. What is up with anime staffs and their recent addiction to 12-14 episode length?
Gathered from my experience, The game to anime conversions, some really were good enough for 13, others, well, they weren't portrayed properly. When I really think about it, I don't think Demonbane would be good for 26 episodes unless the story would take some extended twist of some sort. Now, if it is a 13 minute episode, 13 episode series, then maybe I'll say something really nasty, but right now, I think 13 episodes for Demonbane sounds nice. I mean, it is based after a game, right? A PS2 one at that huh....

I got gripes with series that were based off manga, and done in at 13 eps. One thing that comes to mind, Midori no Hibi, doesn't really capture what the manga portrayed. Now there's something that had alot of romance but too short, too little laughs when compared to the manga. there were so many manga chapters I wanted to see animated, especially the mad doctor and all that, but then again, I was probably expecting too much....

KJ would probably mention something about the TV station having the last say in this 13 episode count thing, considering if the TV station doesnt have room for a 26 ep series, yeah, you know....money....