AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite True Tears character(s)
Nakagami Shinichiro 77 22.25%
Yuasa Hiromi 179 51.73%
Isurugi Noe 191 55.20%
Ando Aiko 115 33.24%
Nobuse Miyokichi 81 23.41%
Isurugi Jun 77 22.25%
Shinichiro's Mother 28 8.09%
Shinichiro's Father 23 6.65%
Kurobe Tomoyo 22 6.36%
Raigomaru 36 10.40%
Jibeta 42 12.14%
Others 8 2.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-30, 19:42   Link #21
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Jibeta has a higher score than Shin
That's probably due to Shin's indecisiveness which led many True Tears fans to dislike him. Shin redeemed himself on the last episode though (own opinion).
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 19:46   Link #22
Theowne
耳をすませば

Oh, I realized that. I just found it amusing that more people prefer a chicken to Shin.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 19:49   Link #23
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
Okay, so it's implied that Shin's mom was in the same situation as Hiromi when she was young. That's no good reason to take it out on Hiromi. Assuming her situation's identical to Hiromi's, there's even less reason to take it out on Hiromi, as Hiromi doesn't exactly hate Noe. The writers tried to draw a parallel between the two generations, but didn't portray it with any degree of realism or rationality. The "explanation" came in episode 13, the last episode of the series. More like it's tacked on so the fans can have one less thing to complain about their shoddy writing.

So in short:

-no reason for Shin's mom to take out her hatred on Hiromi, as it's inconsistent with Hiromi's attitude towards Noe
-wasted 7 episodes on a pointless plot device
-eventual explanation came too late in the series, and felt tacked on

Thanks for the replies, by the way. Most other forums I go to are either going "Noe-chan baaww" or "Hiromi-chan kawaiiii" at the moment. Actual discussion is much appreciated.

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
be0wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 19:58   Link #24
Theowne
耳をすませば

I don't think this thread is suitable for this discussion so I'll post a response in the episode 13 thread.

Old 2008-03-30, 20:46   Link #25
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Hiromi and Noe are tied again at 31 votes each. o.o!

A race in the anime and now a race for votes.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 20:52   Link #26
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Isurugi Noe! ;________; Why? Because I love her. Why again? Too much to list.

[-Huggles her-]

;_____;

[-Huggles her again-]

ITS OKAY YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT, GO WIN THIS POLL! <333333

[-Huggles her for the last time in this post and kidnaps her-]
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 21:10   Link #27
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Clear cut...

And the winner is!

湯浅 比呂美, Yuasa Hiromi - Besides a personal preference for girls with long hair, she proved to have the most interesting character for me. It was fascinating to observe her handle a relationship with Shin while dealing with the repercussions from a past she never knew. The highlight of her struggle culminating with Shin's apartment visit in 13 which really gave her some solid depth.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 21:29   Link #28
Westlo
Lets be reality

Meh I though the parallel between Shin's parents + Hiromi's mother and the current triangle were great, I haven't read anything in the ep 13 thread since page 5 but I'm looking forward to seeing some opinions on that issue when I get the time to read them. I think I got most of it (rough thoughts posted on psgels blog) but I may have missed a thing or two.

Fav character was Yusa Hiromi by a large margin, I preferred her look and her character at the start. At one stage I got frustrated with her (the walk home with Shin at the start of 4) which let Aiko become my fav for a bit but the ending of episode 6 actually gave her a good reason to act they way she did unlike most similar girls in other shows like this. From episode 9 onwards she was also the most active character by far when it come to fixing up the relationships every character was in.

Also voted for Shin's mother since I thought she redeemed herself well, I liked the parallel to the past triangle and she's hot.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 21:45   Link #29
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by be0wulf View Post
Okay, so it's implied that Shin's mom was in the same situation as Hiromi when she was young. That's no good reason to take it out on Hiromi. Assuming her situation's identical to Hiromi's, there's even less reason to take it out on Hiromi, as Hiromi doesn't exactly hate Noe. The writers tried to draw a parallel between the two generations, but didn't portray it with any degree of realism or rationality. The "explanation" came in episode 13, the last episode of the series. More like it's tacked on so the fans can have one less thing to complain about their shoddy writing.

So in short:

-no reason for Shin's mom to take out her hatred on Hiromi, as it's inconsistent with Hiromi's attitude towards Noe
-wasted 7 episodes on a pointless plot device
-eventual explanation came too late in the series, and felt tacked on

Thanks for the replies, by the way. Most other forums I go to are either going "Noe-chan baaww" or "Hiromi-chan kawaiiii" at the moment. Actual discussion is much appreciated.
Reread my original response.

Shin's mom thought originally that Hiromi was representative of Hiromi's mom. This is mostly because of the fact that Hiromi looks exactly like her mom and probably acts like her mom. The reason she dislikes Hiromi originally is thus because Shin's dad did not do things very properly when he broke things off and returned to Shin's mom so she applied her bitterness towards Hiromi's mom at Hiromi herself.

So this explains her original attitude of disliking Hiromi. The reason Shin's mom changes is because probably she sees Hiromi going through all of the self-destructive motions and begins to realize that Hiromi probably represents herself, so by episode 10 she's fully realized that Hiromi actually represents herself and not Hiromi's mom.

Thus, the 180-degree switch is a result of Shin's mom realizing that Hiromi doesn't represent her mom but rather her..., so she goes from her dislike of Hiromi to actually supporting her which explains her statement in episode 13.

Everything is still consistent...

Last edited by vio5555; 2008-03-30 at 22:02.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 21:54   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Obligatory choices for me are, unsurprisingly, Yuasa Hiromi and Ando Aiko. Gee, I wonder why?

Third one was a toughie though. At first I thought of Jun, as his devotion to his loved one is second to none in this series, even beating Miyokichi's IMO.

Then I thought of Kanae, aka. shin's mom. Apart from being one of the few characters that I might consider a MILF, her grudging ways in the beginning to the middle of the series raised the drama level to new heights.

But in the end, the shipper fanatic in me won out, and I'm choosing Shin. He's overall a great character, but his choice in the end was the clincher for me. Good job! XD

If there is only one choice however, undoubtedly my favourite would still be Hiromi. From her character design to her personality, from her making the series interesting for me to my absolute moe property, it would take a lot to beat her for my favourite character of the year. But then again, '08 has only just begun.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 22:32   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I was thinking of that, but wasn't Jun really popular at his school?
Maybe because he's a manipulative, dishonest perv? Those guys tend to do well in juvenile social circles.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 23:32   Link #32
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Hiromi, Aiko, Nobuse.

Hiromi cause her love for Shin was much greater than what was depicted throughout most of the show. Letting Shin choose for himself was a testament of that love.

Aiko cause she's Aiko. gotta love the spunky girl.

Nobuse cause he's 100x the man Shin is. the fact he knew his girlfriend liked his best friend and he weathered the storm makes him a strong, strong character. Then he even accepts her back after all of that.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 03:59   Link #33
arkxkra
全力全開

my favourite character was Shin and Nobuse, both of them is a good guy(quite rare nowaday), especially Nobuse.

Then my favourite girl was Aiko, although whole series she no chance + not too much thing to talk about compare to Hiromi and Noe, but I just like her . Hiromi and Noe is quite good as well. I like Hiromi after the half of the series and same go for Noe.
Old 2008-03-31, 04:42   Link #34
Muyasuki

Aiko, Noe, Nobuse and Tomoyo.

I liked all the characters in the series, but these four just stood out so much more to me than the others. Aiko . . . I seriously have too many reasons to list why I like her(and am seriously surprised that she isn't leading in the votes as I thought she easily would). Nobuse simply because he's just a great person/friend that most would probably like to have. Noe simply because of her combination of cute and uniqueness. Tomoyo for pretty much the same reasons as Nobuse, I really wish she was given a little more screentime.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 17:07   Link #35
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I was thinking of that, but wasn't Jun really popular at his school? Those basketball chicks from his side seemed to be really into him in a possessive kind of way and hated Hiromi for seemingly having him going out with her. He probably was in some sense the resident "bishie" at his school, but he never really cared for anyone other than Noe or showed interest in any other girls, I guess; heck look at this last lines to Hiromi which are in some ways as harsh as hers were to him in the previous episode...
LOL "Kore pochi mo". They're even now. I think the love coming from his fans never reached him. All throughout the series, he just looks so aloof and the only person in his world was Noe. Poor, poor thing. Maybe he'll meet Tomoyo on the road one day.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 23:22   Link #36
Theowne
耳をすませば

Even though Jun and Hiromi had no romantic feelings for each other, they got together a time when they were basically identical - bottled up feelings that they couldn't act upon. Restricting themselves because of what they thought was best. Kindred spirits, really, in a non-romantic sense. In the end, Hiromi took the "happy" path while Jun at least didn't have to bottle it up inside anymore.

Oh...and it looks like Shin finally surpassed Jibeta.

Old 2008-04-01, 00:24   Link #37
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Voted for Shinchiro, Noe, Nobuse, and Jibeta.

If you are curious to why I voted them, you can probably deduce why from my post in the overall impressions thread.

Jibeta was the better chicken, Raigomaru died, GG.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 01:12   Link #38
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Noe and only Noe. I liked Hiromi, but I stayed with Noe from the beginning until the end. No, I'm not bitter that the anime didn't end the way I wanted; I just really like Noe as a character, not who I want her to end up with.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 11:56   Link #39
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Hmm I voted for 3 people
Aiko:Was my original pick....sadly got swept under pretty quickly. Im sad at how less screentime she got, which suxorz. I still think she was the best looking and I would've liked to see her and Shin become like BFF's or something.....ah well. Still my Favorite out of all the characters

Hiromi:Well 2nd pic for Shin...she was kinda a bi%$h in the middle, but you could tell she truly loved Shin. I really liked her towards the end aswell. Plus she's too kawaii! 2nd fav i'd say

Shins Dad:Oddly enough I thought he was a cool guy, had alot of just one-liner advice. and was overall really nice to everyone even though he didn't speak much

Shin gets no vote for me since he dissed Aiko and was kinda a wuss
/thread
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 17:40   Link #40
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Noe and only Noe. I liked Hiromi, but I stayed with Noe from the beginning until the end. No, I'm not bitter that the anime didn't end the way I wanted; I just really like Noe as a character, not who I want her to end up with.
I feel exactly the same way. I liked a lot of characters in True Tears, but I only voted for Noe because she was the character that really kept me engrossed in the story all the way to the end. I just really fell in love with Noe's character. I loved her mysteriousness and her demeanor. Despite Noe and Shin not ending up together, I feel absolutely no bitterness either at Hiromi or the ending. The ending to me actually was satisfying as we finally got to see Noe's tears.