AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-14, 23:44   Link #921
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
School swimsuit?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 23:58   Link #922
Chrono Helix

Quote:
This is NICE! A bit of a pity Largo's looking the wrong way though. If I'm not wrong that's by Raita, who did the original character design.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 02:30   Link #923
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Fun to see a speedy tank actually work since in real life, they were far too light armored and the battlefield too uneven to take advantage of. Only makes sense it would work in urban warfare way better. Welkin and crew are lucky to be alive and they don't really realize it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 02:54   Link #924
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

ok my impression of the anime is quite good .... hope they don't change or deviate away form the story material in the game ....

I hope they include Vyse and Aika ......
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:03   Link #925
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
. . . .

Ok, maybe my memory is playing tricks with me, but was Alicia really that big? Well... not that I'm really complaining or anything..
No. No she wasn't. And I'm not complaining either. Especially since they also gave us more Edy love by the looks of it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:04   Link #926
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Fun to see a speedy tank actually work since in real life, they were far too light armored and the battlefield too uneven to take advantage of. Only makes sense it would work in urban warfare way better. Welkin and crew are lucky to be alive and they don't really realize it.
they apply the Company of Heroes tactic quite well, outmaneuver other tanks and hit them at the back/on the side where armor is thinner

I am enjoy 2 eps a lot, pretty cute animation and the story line is getting more interesting.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:05   Link #927
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
. . . .

Ok, maybe my memory is playing tricks with me, but was Alicia really that big? Well... not that I'm really complaining or anything..
Well, no. In that image she's the equal of Selvaria and that's never been true.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 04:10   Link #928
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:

After i watch episode 2 i notice the Edelweiss turret doesn't seem to be rotating while driving at full speed i might called that tank the StugIII. This assault tank has more credits kills than the panther and tiger due low silhouette hull design and very difficult to spot.
Yeah, the front turret look like StugIII but the chassis look like Panther and turret is looked from flank / rear is similar a MBT.
Old 2009-04-15, 05:46   Link #929
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I never used her in the game because of her, well, uselessness. But her character wasn't too bad. Her story was even interesting. Here.... yeah. She's just so out of place.

Was she popular in Japan or something? Out of all recruitables to pick, they pick her. Unless they're trying to make some sort of commentary...

lol i used her too she didnt cause any any problems throughout the game. i liked using scouts especially when they had their nade upgrade.

also episode 2 was pretty awesome. wasnt expecting people to actually die but guess it's more realistic that way
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 06:00   Link #930
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No. No she wasn't. And I'm not complaining either. Especially since they also gave us more Edy love by the looks of it.
Yeah that's her, looking adorable in the short shirt. <3

God i can't wait for her to appear in this adaptation. Episode three i hope.

/me fingers crossed
Old 2009-04-15, 06:41   Link #931
Lucky
Bored old member

Quote:
After i watch episode 2 i notice the Edelweiss turret doesn't seem to be rotating while driving at full speed i might called that tank the StugIII. This assault tank has more credits kills than the panther and tiger due low silhouette hull design and very difficult to spot.

Dead on. Same cannon mount, same modded panzer 3 chassis, same turret structure. Never even occured to me to look among the mobile assault cannons instead of tanks.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 07:14   Link #932
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazex View Post
lol i used her too she didnt cause any any problems throughout the game. i liked using scouts especially when they had their nade upgrade.
I used Freesia as my backup scout all the time. She doesn't really have any downsides like Susie and she had the 3rd best Evade in the game. Plus she looks the best of all the Scouts.

I highly doubt we see Freesia in the anime but I would love it if she even had a cameo for a few seconds.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 07:20   Link #933
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
ok my impression of the anime is quite good .... hope they don't change or deviate away form the story material in the game ....
I'm actually hoping for a well worked out opposite.

Sticking to what the source tells you works for manga and novel adaptations, because those re-tell the story in a different medium. Valkyria Chronicles, on the other hand, is already pretty much an anime on its own, what possible motivation would I have for watching this if the anime is done one-on-one? I'd replay the game again if I wanted to see everything happen.

So far they've only turned away slightly, but with enough twist to make you go "Ooh, I wonder what's going to happen next?" I'm hoping they continue that trend in a well worked out fashion.
Old 2009-04-15, 08:18   Link #934
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm actually hoping for a well worked out opposite.

Sticking to what the source tells you works for manga and novel adaptations, because those re-tell the story in a different medium. Valkyria Chronicles, on the other hand, is already pretty much an anime on its own, what possible motivation would I have for watching this if the anime is done one-on-one? I'd replay the game again if I wanted to see everything happen.

So far they've only turned away slightly, but with enough twist to make you go "Ooh, I wonder what's going to happen next?" I'm hoping they continue that trend in a well worked out fashion.
Exactly, mate.

I've played the game so much I could just about quote the game off the top of my head from start to finish and the last thing I want is an exact retelling of the game.

The anime has also allowed a few more interesting sides about the characters to be explored.

Going from what the game portrays with Alicia being one of the Bruhl Town Watch Captains, you'd thing she was someone important but in the anime she's only a small cog in a big machine.

Just all the little things that are familiar but still different. I mean we have Susie appear in the first five minutes of the anime and it fits. Not to mention she's one of the better looking girls in the game =D

Overall I'm pretty happy with the anime. My only gripe is the firearms have been drawn very badly. I can recognize the weapons but they're just represented so inaccurately.

I still can't get over how cute they made Alicia... When she hits the radio, ah man I've got to make a gif of that.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 08:27   Link #935
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Her "Whatever! Just beat them!" face was adorable as well.

Concerning the quality, I think we're seeing a classic example of "don't mind the quality, we'll fix it with the DVD's" here.
Old 2009-04-15, 10:48   Link #936
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Hmm.. Finally saw ep. 2 and I think it was an alright episode, for some reason there was something nagging in me when the mill got destroyed. x_x;; IIRC there were civilians that got killed or was it by the mill. Anyway I can't wait for next ep. with Squad 7 and I saw Karl and Jann. Too bad I didn't see Nadine... perhaps I missed her :x

Quote:
Going from what the game portrays with Alicia being one of the Bruhl Town Watch Captains, you'd thing she was someone important but in the anime she's only a small cog in a big machine.
I think Alicia is pretty much the same with the game, can you give an example?
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 11:01   Link #937
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Good Anime. I will follow the Anime, because Hōko Kuwashima (my favorite VA)

But I'm sad because she not making the voice of Alicia.

I hope for more participation of Isara Gunther in all episodes.
Old 2009-04-15, 14:23   Link #938
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
I think Alicia is pretty much the same with the game, can you give an example?
Spoiler for very minor spoiler for game beginning:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:39   Link #939
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ohoho I quite like the white haired nee-san's chara design in some of those images...Strange she I don't remember her catching my eye quite as much in the OP/ED.

Hopefully if the show does well they'll make a proper figure of her...Not terribly fond of trading figures.

I'll just pray Sega doesn't do it...They put out an Alicia one with a rather horrid face last year...

Spoiler for Alicia PVC:

*facepalm*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:32   Link #940
trakker
Comical Scamp

I have a couple of the trading figures, i saw that PVC one on ebay of Alicia, I deemed it terrible. Atleast when you have a small trading figure you can give it some slack for not being accurate because its small, but that PVC one, the face is just all wrong >_>
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega