AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 22:29   Link #161
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
she'll make one heck of a mother, baby will rarely cry out as she'll always know what the baby wants
The baby wouldn't think in Japanese though, it would think in... abstract baby-thought. I'd be interested in whether Haruka could actually understand baby thoughts. Do you think she can understand the thoughts of non-Japanese people? If they're thinking of an image or a sound, I suppose she'd have no trouble, but if they thought using language, maybe she'd only get a vague idea.

Come to think of it, in episode 1 it shows she can't understand the thoughts of non-humans. Is it because their brains are too different, or is it because the "language" (broadly speaking, the way they communicate) is too different?

I'm sure I'm waaaaay overanalyzing this though.
Old 2013-01-18, 22:31   Link #162
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
This is exactly the kind of analyzing that should be done. It's a line of thought that nobody's brought up about the series yet.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 22:51   Link #163
garbage

Quote:
The baby wouldn't think in Japanese though, it would think in... abstract baby-thought. I'd be interested in whether Haruka could actually understand baby thoughts. Do you think she can understand the thoughts of non-Japanese people? If they're thinking of an image or a sound, I suppose she'd have no trouble, but if they thought using language, maybe she'd only get a vague idea.

Come to think of it, in episode 1 it shows she can't understand the thoughts of non-humans. Is it because their brains are too different, or is it because the "language" (broadly speaking, the way they communicate) is too different?

probably in pictures just like how she does with Manabe. I'm not really sure though if the show would go that way, I mean delving too deeply about the mechanics of Telepathy ( that would be a can of worms . On a side note I think there was some papers(?)/studies(?) that humans think with words(?) not too sure can't recall exactly. But i don't really buy into that, mostly maybe but probably more concepts.
Old 2013-01-18, 23:58   Link #164
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I think this is rather simply, Kotoura can't hear animals thinking i.e. "You look funny, human" because they do not have a language of their own, even if they were implanted vocal cords they could at best mimic human language like a parrot (which repeats words or phrases without any real comprehension). She could not hear a baby think either because they have yet to learn a language, but maybe she can read the baby emotional state (happy, hungry, irritated) at a distance. I was thinking it should be scary for Kotoura to walk where people are sleeping since she would hear all kind of incoherent ideas/images we conjure in our sleep.

p.s. and no, reading minds should not grant the ability to understand foreign/alien languages.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 07:37   Link #165
Itlandm
Porcupine

If a foreigner was thinking in words, talking to himself, Kotoura would probably not be able to understand it, since we know she is "hearing" verbal thoughts as if they were spoken out loud - in fact, she seems unable to tell thoughts apart from spoken words. But we know she can also see daydreams and the memories that come up in people's heads, so she would be able to do that with a foreigner. Babies? I say they are much more similar to other humans than cats are, so she would probably sense something, at least.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 07:54   Link #166
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Wow, this is quite a surprise.

I really going to enjoy watching this. I already liked the male lead. He is the best possible partner for Haruka despite his "interesting" thoughts.
Old 2013-01-19, 08:00   Link #167
Marina2

I think we were showed that Kotoura can see the image of person's thought.

If a cat is thinking something like "want to drink milk" and Kouruta can see the image of milk in its head, then I will say she can read animal's mind.

On the show itself, I hope the future eps won't become the repetitive loop of

Everyday life >> Kouruta get bullied >>> MC save the day>>> Happy time
Old 2013-01-19, 17:12   Link #168
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think we were showed that Kotoura can see the image of person's thought.

If a cat is thinking something like "want to drink milk" and Kouruta can see the image of milk in its head, then I will say she can read animal's mind.
So if Manabe has one (or two) female nipple(s) on his mind eye, should Kotoura serve him a BIG sized glass of milk?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 18:27   Link #169
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just ... plain ... awesome. I was correct to have as much anticipation for this series as I did before it began! Yatta!

Ep 2 was unexpectedly ... serious. And good for Manabe for standing up to the girls and saying it like it is. A normal response to bullying without getting clobbered for a change. :\
Old 2013-01-19, 18:51   Link #170
kitten320

Looks like this series plan to keep some serious undertones... GOOD!

If it keeps it up, I'm defiantly keeping it.

Kinda gives me Madoka Magica vibes but lighter.
Old 2013-01-19, 23:07   Link #171
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Mein Gott
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It's pretty obvious whose child that is, heh heh.
Old 2013-01-19, 23:47   Link #172
EroKing

Old 2013-01-19, 23:49   Link #173
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think this is a prime example of why you shouldn't dismiss shows due to the synopsis... what a surprise, the first half of episode 1 hit you like a truck...

Also nice to see this may sell quite well in Japan, very positive reaction to this on 2ch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Moritani kind of a bitch, but hope she warms up a bit and makes some amends. Ruining the name of all childhood friends everywhere with her bullying.
Wouldn't the OP and ED pretty much show that will happen in due time?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 00:45   Link #174
Mubyoshi

Oh hey what is Katsuragi Keima doing there?
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:43   Link #175
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
wow this anime is amazing. When watching the first episode I was so into the anime. Can't wait until next episode. It keeps getting better, episode was nice how the guy stopped the bullying.
Old 2013-01-20, 22:50   Link #176
FateAnomaly

Kinda sad opening episode but i would have thought she would have kept her powers secret after the first 100 times shooting her mouth off got her into trouble. At least no one tried to make use of her power (except the club president).
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 23:42   Link #177
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Kinda sad opening episode but i would have thought she would have kept her powers secret after the first 100 times shooting her mouth off got her into trouble. At least no one tried to make use of her power (except the club president).
Actually, I think one of the way to make people accept her ability is to use it tto profit them.

For example:

- Read teacher mind and tell her friend what question will be on the test. (AsK: Will x on the test? Then read what his inner thought say)
- Help finding the real curpit in any case. (Ask: Did you do it? Then read what his inner thought say)

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-01-21 at 00:06.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 23:57   Link #178
FateAnomaly

Well, her powers have limitations it seems. She can "hear" thoughts but not actually read minds. Perhaps it is just because she is untrained. But even that alone will ensure she comes up tops if she actually utilise it. But considering she considers it a curse she probably wouldn't until she learns to accept it as a blessing over the course of the show.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 00:50   Link #179
EroKing

NSFW
Kotoura is hawtness
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-21, 00:52   Link #180
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
It seems she can't tell the difference between thoughts and spoken words at times, not to mention when she was younger it's not like she knew she was doing anything wrong. Once she got to dead eye moe stage it's more like she just didn't give a shit anymore.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4-koma, drama, romantic comedy, school life, seinen, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy