AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-10-04, 22:42   Link #21441
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Ditto on that. It's better this time. Her face is closer to the show. I like the shorter hair, personally, but long works.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:06   Link #21442
Knightrunner

What traits or acts does people like about Kallen?
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:13   Link #21443
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Badass pilot, good-looking, one of the few decent people actually fighting the war, etc.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:15   Link #21444
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Quote:
Even if Kallen is harmed, used, or hated, her first concern has always been the morality of what was done in a selfless light. Consider Lelouch, with his repeated manipulation of her, yet she never cared once so long as she thought it was for a good cause. An interestingly (and almost inhuman) heroic view. It's not "I'll do good deeds" but "were good deeds done," from an outside standpoint even if she was involved directly.

Also, action. With the exception of turn 6 and its feelings of plot necessity, Kallen's fights are often fun to watch.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:19   Link #21445
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Badass pilot, good-looking, one of the few decent people actually fighting the war, etc.
Don't forget she has the brains too. Doing well in school while following her cause. I wonder how she manages to keep top grades for her class.

It kind of seems that she is the type of person that anybody can get along with. The only two classmates she practically gets irritated with is lelouch and suzaku.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:22   Link #21446
Paladinoras
Pancakes

So now... what are Kallen's flaws..?

I was considering that for a while... and I can't come up with any.

Then again, I am damn biased, so yeah...

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:29   Link #21447
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post

Having no flaws is, in itself, a flaw. Nobody likes a Mary Sue.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:32   Link #21448
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Having no flaws is, in itself, a flaw. Nobody likes a Mary Sue.
Which is why she's somewhat gullible, ruled by her emotions to a point. I can't think of much else.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:34   Link #21449
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
So, at last everybody draw a mature Kallen, draw her with long hairs.

Bonzo's school teach
Yes you DO!
I love your manga/fanfiction, and I'm not a Kalulu fan but your story is excellent and your artwork superb.

Thank you all for you comments and input...it helps.

Here is the touch-up version with changes based on your input and people here at my house.

At this point I'm a bit scared of changing any more of the face as I could mess it up if I do.
I have real trouble drawing characters my forte is mecha.
This Kallen image is going to be used as part of the background of my Type-25 Guren-Phoenix KMF (he's drawn and sketched but not inked yet either).
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:35   Link #21450
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post

---Sometimes too initiative. Sometimes, I believe she needs to stand back.

----She needs to think about herself more. Needs to think about how decisions affect her directly at the moment.

----lelouch can be a downside
Old 2009-10-04, 23:36   Link #21451
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Which is why she's somewhat gullible, ruled by her emotions to a point. I can't think of much else.
My point exactly.

"Somewhat gullible?" "Ruled by her emotions to a point?" Ooh, stop the presses. She should be crucified
Old 2009-10-04, 23:38   Link #21452
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Kallen's extremely gullible, thats for sure.

She's also arrogant about her piloting skills, and morally judgemental. She will condemn someone she finds evil, which can often be a... detrimental mindset. Understandable from her background, but still.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:38   Link #21453
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Yes you DO!
I love your manga/fanfiction, and I'm not a Kalulu fan but your story is excellent and your artwork superb.

Thank you all for you comments and input...it helps.

Here is the touch-up version with changes based on your input and people here at my house.

At this point I'm a bit scared of changing any more of the face as I could mess it up if I do.
I have real trouble drawing characters my forte is mecha.
This Kallen image is going to be used as part of the background of my Type-25 Guren-Phoenix KMF (he's drawn and sketched but not inked yet either).
Looks good. Some color would be nice too. maybe you can scan it then try to color it for you don't have to ruin your original work. I'm interested in the shades of reds that can go into that suit.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:40   Link #21454
GundamFan0083

Oh I'm gonna ink and photoshop her like I did for her transformable mecha in the fanfiction I'm working on.

Kallen's Type-21S Shogun;

Spoiler for Kallen's mean transformable machine:
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 23:44   Link #21455
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
---Sometimes too initiative. Sometimes, I believe she needs to stand back.
So she's proactive? Again, not a huge fault.

Quote:
----She needs to think about herself more. Needs to think about how decisions affect her directly at the moment.
Which, isn't really a fault. She's selfless. Are we supposed to condemn for putting others before herself?

Quote:
----lelouch can be a downside
...uh, come again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
Oh, EXTREMELY gullible. Well, if you'd like to show me some examples that's fine, but if you're talking about Lelouch I'd have to chalk that up to trust and faith.

Quote:
She's also arrogant about her piloting skills
Which never really becomes a problem (except maybe when she was captured by Xing-ke).

Quote:
and morally judgemental. She will condemn someone she finds evil, which can often be a... detrimental mindset. Understandable from her background, but still.
And don't we all love her for it? Again, I didn't realize this was such a huge flaw. I figured that most people were morally judgmental and tend to condemn things they don't agree with.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:45   Link #21456
Knightrunner

Quote:

She's also arrogant about her piloting skills, and morally judgemental. She will condemn someone she finds evil, which can often be a... detrimental mindset. Understandable from her background, but still.
Arrogant? She is just hyping herself up for battle. Anybody can get that way in video games. It is just one of those heat of the moment things. People build confindence in different ways.
Old 2009-10-04, 23:57   Link #21457
Knightrunner

Quote:
So she's proactive? Again, not a huge fault.

Which, isn't really a fault. She's selfless. Are we supposed to condemn for putting others before herself?

Sometimes being too selfless can be a flaw especially when you put yourself in harms way to many times.

...uh, come again?

Sometimes being with lelouch has its disadvantages. She just falls for him to many times.
Oh, EXTREMELY gullible. Well, if you'd like to show me some examples that's fine, but if you're talking about Lelouch I'd have to chalk that up to trust and faith.

I don't believe she is extremely gullible.

Which never really becomes a problem (except maybe when she was captured by Xing-ke).

And don't we all love her for it? Again, I didn't realize this was such a huge flaw. I figured that most people were morally judgmental and tend to condemn things they don't agree with.
It isn't really a flaw. I'm sure most people will condemn people that are wrong or at least deserve punishment

Last edited by Knightrunner; 2009-10-05 at 00:01. Reason: To messy
Old 2009-10-05, 00:08   Link #21458
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Sometimes being too selfless can be a flaw especially when you put yourself in harms way to many times.
Yes. But again, are we going to condemn or dislike her for it?

Quote:
Sometimes being with lelouch has its disadvantages. She just falls for him to many times.
So how is this a fault exactly? She's not the only one to suffer from being around Lelouch. So is she at fault for falling in love with an amoral jackass? So does that mean she has a bad judge of character? Well then the same could be said for Shirley, Milly, and possibly C.C. and others. And she only fell for him once, BTW (or more like it was a gradual process)

Quote:
I don't believe she is extremely gullible.
Well, then maybe you should let Grey Dawn reply to it since he's the one who does think she's extremely gullible.

Quote:
It isn't really a flaw. I'm sure most people will condemn people that are wrong or at least deserve punishment
So you agree with me?
Old 2009-10-05, 00:14   Link #21459
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

Quote:

Now what makes you so bitter I wonder.

So gullible even Suzaku can prey on her. Just look at stage 19.

Yeah, it's not like it lead Lelouch back to Japan which later got Shirley killed.

And uh, being morally judgemental is the kind of thing that leads to genocides. Suzaku also has this flaw, it severely worsened his knight templarhood. It's narrowmindedness, and it rarely helps.

But yes, why are you complaining that she doesn't have enough flaws? To be honest, Kallen's personality isn't even the most fleshed out thing to begin with. She's certainly not a Mary Sue, unable to stop or help Lelouch during ZR, unable to bring about her dreams herself.
Old 2009-10-05, 00:21   Link #21460
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
So gullible even Suzaku can prey on her. Just look at stage 19.
He failed in that respect. He was trying to convince her he was right and she wouldn't buy it.