Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 05:41   Link #261
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon TY View Post
If thats it then how the hell does he beleive his past self could change something he couldn't do since his pasts self is still himself. Just a crazy thought of mind.
People change a lot over the course of time. A common thing that older people reflect on is how much more or less impulsive they used to be, for example. Or have you ever thought how your life might have turned out if only certain things did or didn't happen at key points? For instance maybe you asked someone out and they said no. What would your life be like if they had said yes instead?
Old 2009-04-15, 22:42   Link #262
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Revolutionary episode? In various meanings.

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 23:20   Link #263
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I loved that specific pose the miko girl was in.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:13   Link #264
ThoHell

Hmm... I just can't bring myself to like Natsume (the male lead), or whatever his name is. he seems like another one of those moronic annoying leads... Besides him, everything else seems fine.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 04:10   Link #265
Alchemist007
*Author

Is there a place to get the novel translations or summaries? (Both if possible)
Also how many eps is this planned thus far, only 13? It seems like a good series.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2009-04-16 at 04:40.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 10:50   Link #266
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Episode 3 was probably one of the worst episode I could watch for any series alike. Honestly, the change of animation direction was for the worst: very awkward animations (especially Tomo and Reishirou running), skipped frames, awkward design, horrible camera pan, and especially RANDOM and STIFF poses and "change of art".

Spoiler for episode 3, big rant:

*rant off"... at least the plot itself was moving tad a bit, and certainly brought some interesting elements regarding Reishirou faction and the Asura Machina/Shaetai matter.
But the quality aspect of this episode ruined really everything... I certainly hope the animation direction will be set back to normal, because the ridiculous meter is reaching the "so bad it is funny / unlimited facepalm work" dangerous boundary.
Old 2009-04-16, 11:08   Link #267
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I just started watching out this episode and it seemingly gives of the vibes of Chaos Head as an anime. I was pretty much thrown out of whack when he is attacked by a supermoe miko, a kinky looking senpai and a group of holey knights for no apparent reason over something called Asura Machina (Demon Machine in Latin as I figured).

The storyline seems pretty random and ambigious, but I shall continue watching due to the generous helping of a cliche filled harem.

Schwarzchild Darkness : Has it got something to do with black holes? A Schwarzchild radius is when all mass of an object could fit within that radius, it could cause the mass to collapse upon itself into a singularity (i.e black hole). Is it just dark matter or what?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 11:36   Link #268
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Is there a place to get the novel translations or summaries? (Both if possible)
As far as I know, no, there isn't. Perhaps you can visit Baka-Tsuki and see if someone there is interested in translating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Episode 3 was probably one of the worst episode I could watch for any series alike. Honestly, the change of animation direction was for the worst: very awkward animations (especially Tomo and Reishirou running), skipped frames, awkward design, horrible camera pan, and especially RANDOM and STIFF poses and "change of art".

Spoiler for episode 3, big rant:

*rant off"... at least the plot itself was moving tad a bit, and certainly brought some interesting elements regarding Reishirou faction and the Asura Machina/Shaetai matter.
But the quality aspect of this episode ruined really everything... I certainly hope the animation direction will be set back to normal, because the ridiculous meter is reaching the "so bad it is funny / unlimited facepalm work" dangerous boundary.
So it wasn't just me... (´・ω・`)
Looking on Wikipedia, I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that
The third episode:
絵コンテ 演出 has 斉藤良成 listed.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-16, 11:47   Link #269
Greenish Growth

Yeah, the third episode felt disjointed to me. I thought it was disappointing. It felt like they were trying to cram too much into it too.

Episode three:

Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 12:41   Link #270
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2009-04-16, 12:46   Link #271
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
So it wasn't just me... (´・ω・`)
Looking on Wikipedia, I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that
The third episode:
絵コンテ 演出 has 斉藤良成 listed.
I thought the same thing while watching the third episode, but seeing Saitou Yoshinari being credited as Storyboard, Episode Director and Animation Director explains everything. This "Belkan-type Animation" also happened in the third episode of Prism Ark which is also by Saitou Yoshinari, so it's something to be expected...
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 13:15   Link #272
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Episode 3 ... urgh. While scene transitions were never this anime's strong point, episode 3 simply felt painfully jerky most of the time. And what happened to the animation, both quality and style vise, .... as already noted, it felt like SHAFT took over, and on a very bad day at that.

Spoiler for episode 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I thought the same thing while watching the third episode, but seeing Saitou Yoshinari being credited as Storyboard, Episode Director and Animation Director explains everything. This "Belkan-type Animation" also happened in the third episode of Prism Ark which is also by Saitou Yoshinari, so it's something to be expected...
That certainly explains why this episode felt almost embarrassing to watch at times ... i pray to whatever demons i worship that this guy is never allowed to work on this (or any for that matter) anime again. While first two episodes were quite enjoyable, this one was a painful experience. One i would much rather do without.
Old 2009-04-16, 14:38   Link #273
Nvis

Some of you guys overanalyze too much.
Old 2009-04-16, 14:46   Link #274
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
That episode...
Though I wasn't really bothered there. (Actually, kind of liked it? ) But for this anime... Very obvious, not necessarily in a good meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That certainly explains why this episode felt almost embarrassing to watch at times ... i pray to whatever demons i worship that this guy is never allowed to work on this (or any for that matter) anime again. While first two episodes were quite enjoyable, this one was a painful experience. One i would much rather do without.
Ah, flag!
When you say it that way, kind of feel sorry for the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Some of you guys overanalyze too much.
About what? The plot, the plot inconsistencies/odd parts, or the 3rd episode's incredible visuals?

Old 2009-04-16, 15:30   Link #275
Used Can

I've watched the first two episodes of this, and I think it's fairly decent. Although, just as others have said before, the main character seems quite annoying, as he's your typical loser thrown in a situation in which he'd rather not be. I think I'll be sticking to this just for Misao, and perhaps for Takatsuki as well.

I'd really like some novel spoilers on this.
Old 2009-04-16, 16:09   Link #276
Greenish Growth

Episode 3:
Spoiler:

That was the first thing I thought of as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Although, just as others have said before, the main character seems quite annoying, as he's your typical loser thrown in a situation in which he'd rather not be.
I didn't find him annoying at all...until I saw the stuff he did in episode 3. I hope that was just an aberration. Many of the complaints people had for the first episode were the complaints that I had for episode three. Strange turnabout there.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 18:19   Link #277
Garet Jax

I haven't seen the lastest episode, but can Misao interact with normal things/people at all? I initially thought not, for obvious reasons, but she has been placing her hands on Tomoharu's shoulders/back during confrontations. Instinctive support gestures, I guess? She did ride on the bike in ep. 1 (could have just been floating along, though) and she blocked one attack in ep. 2, but that could be an energy thing.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 18:35   Link #278
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

my initial thought was that Misao's character design could be better.. but an interesting first ep.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 21:22   Link #279
Nvis

Is it me or Chihiro cut out the OP entirely?
Old 2009-04-16, 21:42   Link #280
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler for Ep3:

Tags
fantasy, shounen