AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-09, 17:08   Link #281
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidified View Post
is this manga a monthly release or weekly?
That's what I'm thinking I haven't had my Soul Eater fix in ages
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 00:29   Link #282
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidified View Post
is this manga a monthly release or weekly?

Judging by the size (Number of pages) of each chapter, I would say monthly.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 05:11   Link #283
Zoe

Monthly releases on the 12th. 50 comes out tomorrow-ish.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 12:32   Link #284
yozaku
Always Idle

just read chapter 43

eewww medusa is really evil
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 14:14   Link #285
spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Monthly releases on the 12th. 50 comes out tomorrow-ish.
And we still need 49 raw
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 16:20   Link #286
orangejuicetang

Is 48 out yet?
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 17:23   Link #287
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz View Post
And we still need 49 raw

Apparently no one has actually scan it yet? Well he's the preview for the chinese raws.

Spoiler for preview:
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 21:25   Link #288
Zoe

I don't care, but if we keep talking about it, a mod may come in start deleting posts

To bring things back to topic... looks like voting will start for a character poll this month according to the official manga site.

Main characters almost always win. But in this case, would that be Maka or would that be Soul?
Old 2008-06-11, 11:26   Link #289
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
I don't care, but if we keep talking about it, a mod may come in start deleting posts

To bring things back to topic... looks like voting will start for a character poll this month according to the official manga site.

Main characters almost always win. But in this case, would that be Maka or would that be Soul?
Oh, sorry about the previous posts just thought it would have been helpful, well moving on, while the series is called Soul Eater Soul and Maka don't nessecarily have the spotlight all the time like in most shonen series.
Spoiler for Reasons:

But at times casual readers would vote for the title character (One Piece, Ruroni Kenshin, Dragon Ball) while regular readers would vote for their for their favorites that's not necessarily the main character (Naruto, Bleach, Negima, Air Gear) I personally would like to see Kid or Black Star take the stop spot because of their personalities while I see Soul and Maka round out the top 4.
Old 2008-06-11, 12:13   Link #290
yozaku
Always Idle

Quote:

I'l vote for maka then

I wish i can vote...
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 22:21   Link #291
Zoe

SE's getting the Gangan cover again next month. That makes four months in a row right now! Will they make it to 5?

(I think it will go back to FMA though)
Old 2008-06-11, 22:26   Link #292
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I really think the real central character of the series is Black Star. We really don't know anything about Soul's background, but we know enough about Black Star to see that he has a major decision coming up. There's some real depth beyond alll that Ore-sama shtick.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 08:53   Link #293
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I really think the real central character of the series is Black Star. We really don't know anything about Soul's background, but we know enough about Black Star to see that he has a major decision coming up. There's some real depth beyond alll that Ore-sama shtick.
I think the title "SOUL EATER" is very much misleading, while newcomers can automatically assume that Maka and Soul are the main characters due to their appearances in all the promotional material (they're even on the front of two tankabon covers 1 and the upcoming 12) the story's focus don't necessarily focus on them all the time infact Black Star and Kid have more central character appeal because of their backgrounds than Maka.
Old 2008-06-12, 09:00   Link #294
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
SE's getting the Gangan cover again next month. That makes four months in a row right now! Will they make it to 5?

(I think it will go back to FMA though)
Its really just to promote the anime, it happen to Full Metal Alchemist 5 years back when the anme was still airing and when it became a big hit it dominated the covers of most all anime related material and Soul Eater seem to be picking up most of the heat right now.
I wouldn't be surprise if they did it for August as well but I'm not complaining because they all kook awesome (especially the June cover with Black Star)
Old 2008-06-12, 16:06   Link #295
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Its really just to promote the anime, it happen to Full Metal Alchemist 5 years back when the anme was still airing and when it became a big hit it dominated the covers of most all anime related material and Soul Eater seem to be picking up most of the heat right now.
I wouldn't be surprise if they did it for August as well but I'm not complaining because they all kook awesome (especially the June cover with Black Star)
Double Post...
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 00:13   Link #296
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
... the story's focus don't necessarily focus on them all the time infact Black Star and Kid have more central character appeal because of their backgrounds than Maka.
A central character, as the name suggest, means that the story would more or less rotate about that particular character. In the case of Soul Eater, the writer has spread the focus to all three of them, Maka/Soul, BlackStar/Tsubaki, Kidd/Thompson Sisters.

That said, impressive background or not, the main story of Soul Eater is still being told from Maka/Soul point of view. Every major incident has them in the middle of all of it, and at the start of all of it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 06:54   Link #297
Zoe

The fact that B*S has had the most revealed about his past could mean that his role is ending sooner than the other two.

I'm really having a hard time imagining what Ookubo could do with him after this current arc.
Old 2008-06-13, 23:14   Link #298
Silver Soul
Banned

Spoiler for Chapter 50 spoilers:

Spoiler for cover???:
Old 2008-06-13, 23:17   Link #299
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 50 spoilers:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for cover???:
Fixed. Direct linking from 4chan doesn't load properly.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 23:21   Link #300
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A central character, as the name suggest, means that the story would more or less rotate about that particular character. In the case of Soul Eater, the writer has spread the focus to all three of them, Maka/Soul, BlackStar/Tsubaki, Kidd/Thompson Sisters.

That said, impressive background or not, the main story of Soul Eater is still being told from Maka/Soul point of view. Every major incident has them in the middle of all of it, and at the start of all of it.

Well you're entitled to your opinions and I'm entitled to mine, I'm just saying this in comparison to most shounen titles, not that I'm complaining infact that's why I love this series because it seems fairly balanced as a whole.

Tags
shounen