AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 22:30   Link #281
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Opening verse of 'Cause of Death' by Immortal Tech:

You better watch what the fuck flies outta ya mouth
Or I'ma hijack a plane and fly it into your house
Burn your apartment with your family tied to the couch
And slit your throat, so when you scream, only blood comes out. . .

Fuck you, human race!

Don't worry rainydaiis, I'm not trying to pick on you, since almost everyone(me included) is the same way for the most part. It just makes me laugh how our media morals work sometime.
Haha I love his lyrics, I think some of the things he says in his rap songs talk about way more than what most rappers will even rap about. The only thing I really like is how he actually talks about politics and so forth, while everything else I hear lately is money/hoe/bitches/bling so forth. Only a few that rap try to go out of that trend. Although the people that do rap about money/hoe/etc make more money than these rappers that talk about things that actually have to do more with life.

I like angry rappers, especially when they say things like Immortal Technique. You should listen to all his other songs, they're quite brutal ;D
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 22:54   Link #282
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Oh, I have heard plenty of Immortal Technique, I have like 20 of his songs on my Pod. He's just not my favorite.

In fact, I don't think I have a particular favorite that's coming out with stuff regularly nowadays(the last two years). I'm just a general fan of rap at the moment, searching for songs from old favorites released years ago and picking an occasional new song here and there from the pack via Youtube.

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-09-09 at 23:04.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 06:06   Link #283
Sojobo

So...4:03am for me here, read through the bulk of the thread without getting the answer I was looking for. I have good connections for stateside hiphop, but I was wondering what is some good hiphop and rap out of Japan?

I've found I've really taken a liking to Nujabes, Shing02, DJ Kentaro, and the like. Stuff with a really cool jazz feel.
I'm no stranger to Kick the Can Crew, Home Made, and King Giddra, either. Anyone else able to make some suggestions?

Anyway, cutting my failure of grammar short I'm going to hit the hay finally. I pulled an all nighter just to watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0..Not too smart. =-='
Sojobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 01:22   Link #284
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Kanye West does it again.

I lol'd.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 00:46   Link #285
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Yea i know he's crazy
Old 2009-09-18, 20:15   Link #286
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
That fucking retard.
Still riding his own dick I see.
Old 2009-09-23, 22:26   Link #287
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKnight View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure the general consensus amongst hip-hop heads and probably most of the people posting in this thread is that Eminem ranges from suck to mediocre at best.

So in this case, what I feel is relatively the same as what everyone else does
Well, I have also been on many boards which have had a thread with a focus of rap, and many have voiced their support for Eminem, so I could also theoretically say that most think Eminem is a decent rapper. It's all relative.
D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 04:19   Link #288
SvenCalBayan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentKnight View Post
That fucking retard.
Still riding his own dick I see.
Spoiler for Kanye's interrupts again...:

Spoiler for Kanye interrupts again (PART 1):

Spoiler for Kanye interrupts again (PART 2):

I agree with Kanye West, Squall's Lionheart (End of Heart for the Japanese version) was the best !
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:44   Link #289
mg1942

Kanye's sooo 2009 meme of the year!
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:22   Link #290
Scorpian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
I don't like the new Rap Hip-Hop, but I do love the old school Rap Hip-Hop. Some of the best are Biggie, 2pac, Jay-Z, Bone Thugs, Dr. Dre, Big L, Big Pun, Wu-Tang Clan and my personal favorite Nas. Nas has some of the best lyrics, his lyrics can get really deep from time to time.
Yeah things really went down hill after those guys. Especially when all that crunk music garbage started taking over the airwaves, and now we have this t-pain trash. People say that the population will always complain when its generation is getting phased out, but I didn't hear people complain when Nas, Wutang, Biggie, Jay, etc. were considered new school. Shit, they were being praised for their creativity. Noone ever said hip hop was dead back then either... Its sad that we can take albums from 10+ years ago, and it doesn't really sound 10 years old, and sounds better than most of this new shit around now. That means the game didn't really evolve to anything.
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 22:43   Link #291
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

So I pretty much wet myself interpreting the metaphors, similes, double-quadruple entendres, etc. while listening to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM5YHqYIctE
Old 2009-10-18, 21:46   Link #292
Soul Eater
ソウルイーター

There is a good old rap song called "Do you remember" Great song loved it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVdMKefFh8U
Soul Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 10:24   Link #293
raito20

Hey everyone, i recently joined the forum, just saw this cool Thread... here are a few artists and groups i listen to most:

Tonedeff, Cunnunlynguists, Immortal Technique, Atmosphere, Sole, Jedi Mind Tricks, Army of the Pharaohs, Icon the mic king, Dead Prez, Necro, Diabolic, Killah Priest, Binary Star, Sage Francis.

Hope to run into something new in this thread, will go through it now.
raito20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 20:06   Link #294
ShatteredSkys
Delinquent

I'm actually impressed how many people stick to some Oldschool hip hop then this new commercial rap.
There are so many great Hip Hop artists mentioned in this threat so at this point I can't even suggest many new ones.
I'm a huge Wu tang fan, but I'm listening to almost everything coming from new york, or overall before the millennium.
Immortal Technique's pretty popular here, although I always counted him as the most underrated rapper of all time. So political rap stays present xP

Not to long ago I started listening to this kid Chamillionaire. Maybe you guys know him.
He's a real good rapper, got the freestyle and everything. I think he's probably the best after this hole 50cent hype. It's a shame how Hip Hop changed.

Wu tang Killa Beez !
ShatteredSkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 22:07   Link #295
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
I personally prefer old school Hip Hop than the current ones. The reason why I prefer old school rap more than the current ones is not so much for the excessive swearing but rappers of today talk about sex, money and their bling. There are quite a few that talk about their lives though. I like listening to Fat Boys, MC Hammer, Run DMC and the likes.

Also, I recommend you guys to watch Krush Groove (1985). Its a good movie that show the Hip Hop scene from the 80's!
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 14:38   Link #296
raito20

I do love to listen to some old school stuff once in a while, but the current underground rap is superior, despite not being nostalgic.
raito20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 08:24   Link #297
Shadow Raven 91
She's a Genius I swear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by raito20 View Post
I do love to listen to some old school stuff once in a while, but the current underground rap is superior, despite not being nostalgic.
I agree. Also a lot of old school artist like public enemy and members of the WU are still part of the underground hip-hop scene. Still you always have to give credit to the pioneers
Old 2009-11-22, 13:37   Link #298
dasrune
smh

i prefer rap over intelligent hip hop personally. intelligent hip hop is preachy and bores me to tears. the production is almost always a jazz loop and a kick drum that should be left in the 90s , that or its on some weird intergalactic space odyssey tip. that being said ill still jam tribe when in the evenings at the house and dont mind common when hes a g.o.o.d. music remix or something. i usually listen to coke rap (jay-z, clipse, young jeezy, fabolous, cam'ron, ghostface, scarface).

Last edited by dasrune; 2009-11-22 at 14:10.
dasrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 12:00   Link #299
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrune View Post
intelligent hip hop is preachy and bores me to tears. the production is almost always a jazz loop and a kick drum that should be left in the 90s , that or its on some weird intergalactic space odyssey tip.

Can you bring up some examples? I don't think all of it is "preachy". Canibus, Rza, Gza, were pretty intelligent in their lyrics, but I don't remember them preaching much at all.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 13:54   Link #300
dasrune
smh

everyone on def jux, anticon, atmosphere, krs-one, jurassic 5. i haven't listened to much canibus, but from what ive listened to he's just a bad rapper constantly getting put in his place by other rappers i don't like. as for rza and gza i guess they don't preach but i just don't find them appealing. if i listen to something out of the wu-tang camps solo stuff the only ones worth mentioning are ghostface and raekwon for me. what i'm really saying is that i don't care about the five pillars of hip hop, hearing about the struggles of working a 9 to 5 you hate, video game references, throwback cartoons, and how many big words you can throw around in 3 1/2-4 minutes.
dasrune is offline   Reply With Quote