AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-09-20, 21:27   Link #5641
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wow... thats.. all kinds of fail.

Giggled @ that police thing though, kinda reminds me of 'You're under arrest'.

Followed a link at the bottom of that article and jumped a couple more, and I have to facepalm at them. Like the ones where girls get people arrested for just 'saying hello' as they walk past em in the morning. Which kinda makes me put a twist on the police thing that males will be too batshit terrified to do any sort of crime or anything at all for that matter. heh. Although I think you have to take articles on that site with a grain of salt.
Old 2011-09-20, 22:01   Link #5642
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's either incredibly satirical or insane... but no, I think "most of us" will take the author out if its the insane choice and give him a ruthless reality check.
bat with nails or without nails?
Old 2011-09-20, 22:05   Link #5643
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
bat with nails or without nails?
You would damage a perfectly good bat with nail for that?
Old 2011-09-20, 22:15   Link #5644
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You would damage a perfectly good bat with nail for that?
i figure the bat will be pretty damage after giving that realty check Vexx is advocating.
Old 2011-09-20, 22:23   Link #5645
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

http://www.whas11.com/home/Girl-with...-83447222.html

There are some amusing quotes in that article...

Quote:
doctors touting the triumphant persistence of sperm.
Quote:
If sperm can survive for two or three days, that means the average sex life of an American married couple results in living sperm swimming around the woman's body every single day of the week.
Next time you're off with your GF or Wife, make sure she isn't going to get into any knife fights. /nod.

Still, a little disturbing...
Old 2011-09-20, 22:25   Link #5646
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
... this takes the cake.

Spoiler for The 7 Commandments of Seiyuu By A 2channer:
That was pretty crazy i thought...

So i try to get into their head by putting up scenario about some of my favorite female characters (from a manga or anime) having sex or marry random guy out of the blue, with no real reason other than "being a slut" (their term,not mine)...

...which is gonna pretty much shocking in most case. And there is a chance that I will drop that manga/ anime

But i guess that's what's suck about being fans of seiyuu, they are not a good object to idolize, and you can't "drop" real world

I'm done with my points
Old 2011-09-20, 22:29   Link #5647
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i figure the bat will be pretty damage after giving that realty check Vexx is advocating.
The persons' heads might cause some damage too. Heck, it might be like swinging at a rock.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 22:47   Link #5648
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
http://www.whas11.com/home/Girl-with...-83447222.html

There are some amusing quotes in that article...

Next time you're off with your GF or Wife, make sure she isn't going to get into any knife fights. /nod.

Still, a little disturbing...
A little, more like a freaking lot. The odds of where she got stabbed which was laced with sperm etc and enough to get conceived is mindblowing.

Very little in life is impossible...

PS: Why do some of you give sankaku complex the time of day when all it does is to drag out the worst/bizzare of Japan and/or women? (-_-#)
Crazy majority of otaku really shouldn't be given any limelight unless it resulted in them being carted off to a mental institution...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 23:14   Link #5649
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Do they freak out if she is dating another woman?
Old 2011-09-21, 05:16   Link #5651
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's either incredibly satirical or insane... but no, I think "most of us" will take the author out if its the insane choice and give him a ruthless reality check.
Is "reality check" an euphemism for "bath in a pool full of alligators"?

So, those theoretical naturally evolved metal beings... Can they turn into cars and stuff?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 08:10   Link #5652
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Runaway steer creates chaos on Arizona interstate

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-20-19-42-47
Old 2011-09-21, 10:40   Link #5653
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Charlie the Parrot Saves Owner from Intruders

Parrot power. I was surprised to see it's not the first time either, one parrot saving a girl from choking by alerting her mother.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 10:57   Link #5654
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Korea Renames UK Sea Over “Sea of Japan” Refusal

Just name the whole damn place Korpulu Sector on official UN charts.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 13:57   Link #5655
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Korea Renames UK Sea Over “Sea of Japan” Refusal

Just name the whole damn place Korpulu Sector on official UN charts.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is great hilarity.... though it does bring up the problem with my theory of "you call the place what the people who live there call it"... when you have people on each side of the place naming it something different. To borrow from Eddie Izzard, "But who has the flag planted there?"

I mean, Westerners call Japan "Japan" not Nihon or Nippon. And S. Korea is Hanguk to its residents.
Old 2011-09-21, 14:01   Link #5656
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sort of like the various names for just about everything in the American War of 1861-1865. Be it the battles (one side named them form the nearest rivers or creeks while the other names them after the nearest towns), to ships (CSS Merrimack or CSS Virginia), to simply the name of the war (American Civil War vs. The War Between the States).
Old 2011-09-21, 14:08   Link #5657
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Sort of like the various names for just about everything in the American War of 1861-1865. Be it the battles (one side named them form the nearest rivers or creeks while the other names them after the nearest towns), to ships (CSS Merrimack or CSS Virginia), to simply the name of the war (American Civil War vs. The War Between the States).
I remember in my college experience how "illuminating" it was to compare K-12 notes on history with my friends from the Northeast and the West with my (Texas) educational assertions. Once we all got over our "but you're wrong" moment, of course.

Not to derail but one of things I enjoyed about the MMO Rift was how the background story you learn during your character's start up is so utterly different between the two major factions. There's never any 'true' story - just the utterly incompatible two versions of history.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:13   Link #5658
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Gamers aid in AIDS Research

The reason why gamers are here to stay.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 16:18   Link #5659
speck123

Euthanasia Roller Coaster

Sounds fun.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 17:22   Link #5660
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/22/sp...-count.html?hp

The world governing body for track and field has newly decided that records in women’s road racing will count only if they are set in women-only events to nullify the benefits of pacesetting by faster male runners, a dynamic that can exist in some marathons, half-marathons and 10-kilometer races in which men and women are in the same field.

The ruling instantly raised existential questions in the sport about what, exactly, a world-record performance is. If men are in the field but a female runner leaves them all behind and finishes in record time, should that not be treated as the record? And why is it considered smart racing strategy to benefit from the pace of a faster runner of the same sex but unsporting if a female runner follows the stride of a man?
The I.A.A.F.’s intent was to recognize a difference in achievement between women who set marks while paced by men and those with a more difficult task of setting records while running on their own or, in rare cases, being paced by other women, said Mary Wittenberg, director of the New York City Marathon and a member of the I.A.A.F.’s road racing commission.

“The I.A.A.F. wanted to show that women can stand on their own two feet, that they don’t need guys to help them get to world records,” Wittenberg said. “There’s definitely a difference. Women run faster with men as pacers, about a two-minute differential on average.”

Tags
humor