AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 21:22   Link #321
novalysis

Kaoru is a Tsundere. Confirmed by his interactions.

And his confession was brief, short, but probably one of the best executed I've seen in a very long time.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 22:26   Link #322
Kirarakim

I kind of feel things moved a bit fast with the confession scene. I feel like we were missing something inbetween.

Anyways I am finding my favorite moments involve Sen. Honestly I never would expect to go for his character type but I just really like the contrast of how he acts like a tough guy but he seems really sweet & even a bit dorky underneath.
Old 2012-04-26, 22:49   Link #323
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Why does everyone make this anime thing out to be so hard? Just do it like that.
This. Word for word.

The jazz festival was yet another example of pure joy for the ears, and as always there were many great moments throughout. My favourite bit was the challenge of climbing that rock, simply because Yurika's reaction to it all made me smile and blew away any preconceptions I had towards her.

Oh, I also second the thumbs up for Sentaro asking Yurika in front of her friends. Whether he was aware of it or not, it deserves kudos.

EDIT: Throw in that confession too. Couldn't have asked for more.
Old 2012-04-27, 02:34   Link #324
Cal-Reflector

Garrest anime since Tengen Toppa: When Kaoru's glasses come off, it means shit's gonna get serious!!! I watched that episode and I was ready to go run 20 laps, at midnight.

Seriously though, awesome, great episode. Did all that just happen in 20 minutes? It's already a better romance than 20 episodes from most anime.

So refreshing to have a unique protagonist like this: Kaoru seemed like a weak, moody uke at first, but is showing himself to be clever, observant, flirty, and decisive. A Napoleon of romance, a man of action.

The onigiri was a nice touch, though it is scary how Kaoru was so fast to pick up that he was eating the onigiri that Ritsu had prepared and intended for Sentarou.

Kaoru has got an uphill battle, but with cojones and smarts and looks and piano skills like that, I think he's got a good fighting chance.
Old 2012-04-27, 04:12   Link #325
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The old-fashioned embarrassments and awkwardness is simply hilarious.

But seriously though, I wish this series would become popular so that people will see how it's setting a new higher bar on how dynamic scenes of activity will be animated in the future. Watching every new episode with every new jam session, almost all animated performances in the past look like they were made by a first year animation student.

As for the last scene... I've been in that situation more times than I'm willing to count. I've lost to the better man every time, but a part of me is an idealist, so I'll be rooting for the underdog (Kaoru) as I oft do.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 04:20   Link #326
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

And here I was afraid the new character would solve the love triangle conveniently. This anime is the shitz, no doubt about that. I love the characters and how they interact.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 04:46   Link #327
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Ok..i start to watch this show...

i didn't give a credit first..however..i was wrong..ho man..really wrong..this show is good....

Yesterday, when i came home from my box workout..I watched the first and second ep..i fell relaxed..and happy...i don't know how to put in word...is strange...

the music..was relaxing...and i found the behavior of the protagonists like a real behavior...

I'm looking forward to this show...is really original...

Edit..just watched ep 3...and wow...really good ep..

So, Kaoru is in love with Ritsuko, Ritsuko is in love with Sentaro, Sentaro is in love with Yurika, and Yurika?

i have to admit, i liked Kaoru confession, yeah, for me, the confession wasn't too fast, because he know that she is in love with Sentaro,and he know that Senataro is in love with Yurika, so there is no need to hold back his feelings. and if you are a boy...you must have b*** to make it clear...really well done..if he wants have a chance with her..this was the best solution...

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-04-27 at 07:02.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 09:27   Link #328
Morisato

Is this like... closet yaoi?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 09:29   Link #329
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Not even remotely.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 11:50   Link #330
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Jeebus...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:21   Link #331
Eragon
Still Alive

Two confessions in the 3rd episode already. This show couldn't get any better=3
Sen and Yurika at the end of the ep............that girl's one smooth operator - Sen too And just when I recover from that they hit me with another sucker punch with that confession from Kaoru. I don't think I've seen an MC from a slice-of-life(I'm using it for convenience) show who actually uses his head in such situations.
Old 2012-04-27, 14:13   Link #332
sa547
*Author

My sides hurts, trying not to laugh out loud in the middle of early morning watching this episode.

The great and invincible skin-thumping Sentaro, has succumbed to Yurika's lissome beauty!
Old 2012-04-27, 17:36   Link #333
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Whoa.

Just ... whoa.

Episode 3 was amazing. Just ... amazing. I am blown away.

I agree with Enzo - why can't all anime be so beautifully executed.

Hands down the best series of the season for me.
Old 2012-04-27, 17:44   Link #334
Ayumi08
Neko Lover

I wonder why there are still some thinking this is yaoi. 3 episodes in, things should be clear that it is far from anything like that happening. I'm loving every minute of this anime. It has been a while since a series excites me this much. Sentarou is so adorkable in this episode and closeted Kaoru is surely opening up. Him being courageous in conveying his feelings is a step towards growth in his character. And oh the misunderstandings? Can't wait to see how everything unfold next.
Ayumi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 17:46   Link #335
kuromitsu

Well, while it's not BL at all, the manga is very... bromantic, I think that's the word? :3
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:13   Link #336
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd say my one misgiving about this show is that Ritsuko's character seems so underdeveloped. I find myself wondering what it is that Kaoru sees in her beyond being cute and cheerful. They haven't really spent a whole lot of time alone together, and their conversations seem rather superficial. I'd find his infatuation more plausible if she displayed some greater depth and perhaps a bit more intelligence. You would think that Kaoru would want to talk about books or movies or something that would enable him to engage with her on a deeper level than what we've seen so far. I hope this will change in the weeks to come, but comments from people who have read ahead in the manga aren't very encouraging on this score. It seems like it will be more about the "bromance" and less about the romance.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:16   Link #337
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think "cute & cheerful" is more than enough to spark the attraction of the 17 year-old male.

Apart from that, he's obviously a lonely navy brat who's never really had any friends, and she immediately treated him kindly and showed a genuine interest in him. I think there's more than enough there to explain his interest, though I agree we certainly haven't gotten as deeply into who she really is as we have the two male leads.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:22   Link #338
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I can see where Seiji is coming from, I guess.

But then again, a crush is a crush, right?
Old 2012-04-27, 18:27   Link #339
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think "cute & cheerful" is more than enough to spark the attraction of the 17 year-old male.
I've used that argument to rationalize his attraction to myself, so I understand your point. Still both of the boy/girl relationships seem based largely on physical attraction and not much else. What we've seen of Sentaro and Yurika's relationship has an even stronger physical focus, both when he first sees her on the beach and later in the shirtless scene. Yet even though we've seen much less of Yurika than of Ritsuko, I have a stronger sense of Yurika as a personality, a more feisty and adventuresome young woman than Ritsuko.

Even when I was seventeen, lo those many years ago, there were cute and cheerful girls that I couldn't imagine being romantically interested in because there just wasn't enough "there" there.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:39   Link #340
Kirarakim

Actually I find Ritsuko's love for Sentaro the most compelling. She's known him for a long time & she's the one that encouraged the friendship between Sen & Kaoru. It's like she wanted Kaoru to see the real Sen that she knows.

But I have to admit the Bromance does interest me more than the romance. I think so far Sen & Kaoru do have the most chemistry.

Tags
josei, shoujo, slice of life