Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 05:03   Link #1841
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I'll admit I'm a little desperate and I'm seriously considering learning Japanese just so that I can read more of the story.
Dude, learning jap just to read a novel? That kind of motivation doesn't last, I'll speak from experience. Learn a language because you want to, not for a secondary purpose. But that's my belief.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 05:10   Link #1842
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
There isn't, but I found a machine translated first chapter and last chapter. It's pretty bad, not reccomending because original text was chinese translation. Even BT doesn't seem to have started on it - any word from them, anyone?
The translator for volume 5 will continue after he finishes SAO Progressive Chapter 1. Be patient. They have their own lives.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:11   Link #1843
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

That settles it then. (:
Old 2013-01-20, 13:30   Link #1844
spike021

Quote:
There isn't, but I found a machine translated first chapter and last chapter. It's pretty bad, not reccomending because original text was chinese translation. Even BT doesn't seem to have started on it - any word from them, anyone?
I tried posting earlier on BT's forums and both posts were deleted. They said for the reason that all translations are done randomly and they don't know when there will be updates.

spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:31   Link #1845
spike021

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
The translator for volume 5 will continue after he finishes SAO Progressive Chapter 1. Be patient. They have their own lives.
I'm not trying to force them to translate it ASAP. I'm just wondering either if there's a rough ETA or if there are other places with translations. That's it.
Old 2013-01-20, 13:34   Link #1846
spike021

Quote:
Dude, learning jap just to read a novel? That kind of motivation doesn't last, I'll speak from experience. Learn a language because you want to, not for a secondary purpose. But that's my belief.
Sorry to triple post but I just saw this. I actually think its a good entry point to learning a language. It's something interesting that'll hold intrinsic worth to me or whoever else with the same thought. That means it'll cause me or whoever else to be more consistent in learning the language. Not to mention I wouldn't mind knowing Japanese for my field either.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:49   Link #1847
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:
Sorry to triple post but I just saw this. I actually think its a good entry point to learning a language. It's something interesting that'll hold intrinsic worth to me or whoever else with the same thought. That means it'll cause me or whoever else to be more consistent in learning the language. Not to mention I wouldn't mind knowing Japanese for my field either.
I agree with the fanfic guy, that's definitely not enough motivation. To learn a language, you need dedication man. A passively written/discussed LN isn't enough to fuel that kind of effort.

While I also think translation speed is slow, the author isn't much faster tbh. I'd recommend just being patient for the releases and finding other manga or anime's to keep you preoccupied. It's torture sometimes but hang in there lol.

Just remember - no matter how much you're suffering, Taku is suffering MORE.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:07   Link #1848
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
This.

Still, Spike if you really wanna learn jap, take a class and put on hold the AW reading. I don't imagine you're the type that reads line by line with V5 in your right and a dictionary in your left. That's a translator.
Old 2013-01-20, 22:22   Link #1849
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
It's something interesting that'll hold intrinsic worth to me or whoever else with the same thought.
Uhh, correction here. Intrinsic means that you'd love to learn japanese because you believe it's a beautiful language, it suits your character, it's got nice curses and swear words...anything along the lines of "I learn for the sake of enjoying it."

Instrumental, or extrinsic, is the word you're probably looking for here because you want to learn japanese to read V5, or your field of work. That's not quite the same. Search 'Motivation' on wikipedia if you've got time to burn.
Old 2013-01-21, 00:20   Link #1850
spike021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
I agree with the fanfic guy, that's definitely not enough motivation. To learn a language, you need dedication man. A passively written/discussed LN isn't enough to fuel that kind of effort.

While I also think translation speed is slow, the author isn't much faster tbh. I'd recommend just being patient for the releases and finding other manga or anime's to keep you preoccupied. It's torture sometimes but hang in there lol.

lol I just don't like being in the middle of a plethora of different stories. I'm already in the middle of five.

Anything that creates the right amount of interest can fuel effort. Look at people who have a passion for archaeology and stuff. Their passion wasn't born from "I should research these things for the sake of there being more information about them." They found something interesting enough that they got hooked.

I'm very much interested in literature and don't mind taking a risk to learn. Even if I only make it partway, it's infinitely better than never learning anything.

PS: Please no Taku spoilers! :P

Quote:
Uhh, correction here. Intrinsic means that you'd love to learn japanese because you believe it's a beautiful language, it suits your character, it's got nice curses and swear words...anything along the lines of "I learn for the sake of enjoying it."

Instrumental, or extrinsic, is the word you're probably looking for here because you want to learn japanese to read V5, or your field of work. That's not quite the same. Search 'Motivation' on wikipedia if you've got time to burn.
Believe it or not, there are people who enjoy reading literature in and of itself, not necessarily in a language they're familiar with. I actually started learning French by reading books and being forced to look through dictionaries and such. Sure it doesn't flow as well, but it's actually better because it forces the reader to understand new words and how they can be presented in different contexts.

As far as intrinsic goes, my New Oxford dictionary defines it as: "essential: access to the arts is intrinsic to a high quality of life." So, like I said, learning a new language as a result of wanting to broaden my literary experience (and thus possibly influencing my future life) really is of intrinsic worth. It's actually nothing related to "I learn for the sake of enjoying it." You seem to be contradicting yourself a tad there.
Old 2013-01-21, 17:17   Link #1851
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

The next vol. comes out next month?
Old 2013-01-22, 00:49   Link #1852
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

No idea. He's writing pretty slow at the moment, where'd you hear that?
Old 2013-01-22, 01:19   Link #1853
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not that it's anything important, but it seems that Accel World vol 13 would be out on February 2013.
^ former post had some info. im hoping it is, but this thing is so sluggish, it looks like it wont end till 2014-15 -_-;
Old 2013-01-22, 01:46   Link #1854
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Kawahara needs to go out, find a fangirl, and fall in love, seriously.

Maybe that's just the kick he needs to wrap up the plot.
Old 2013-01-22, 07:52   Link #1855
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Um, by the time 4th CD was rolling and kicking, what were the Kings' levels? 8 or 9?
Old 2013-01-22, 19:39   Link #1856
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Um, by the time 4th CD was rolling and kicking, what were the Kings' levels? 8 or 9?
Level 8 is the likely level. When they reached Level 9, they had the fateful meeting and stopped working together and it was said they reached Level 9 almost the same time. So, that leaves Level 8.
Old 2013-01-22, 22:47   Link #1857
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Alright then.

Also, no word about exactly when Blue Knight got The Impulse? Sorry for all these questions, am trying to avoid OOCs in fanfic.
Old 2013-01-23, 04:13   Link #1858
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Level 8 is the likely level. When they reached Level 9, they had the fateful meeting and stopped working together and it was said they reached Level 9 almost the same time. So, that leaves Level 8.
Probably Level 9, Iron Pound in Vol9 mentioned there was at least once where the Kings at Lvl9 had to work together to take down CD despite the risks of being killed off by one of the other Kings.
Quote:
Also, no word about exactly when Blue Knight got The Impulse? Sorry for all these questions, am trying to avoid OOCs in fanfic.
No 'when' exactly, but we do know a) he got it after Grande got The Strife (ref short story with Graphite Edge), and b) it was from clearing of the other main dungeons in AW that wasn't the imperial palace (specifically which one I can't remember, and can't be bothered to look it up right now sorry )
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 04:41   Link #1859
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Never mind, that seems to be enough info for me at the moment. Many thanks Flere! (:

Edit: on second thoughts. Does this put the dungeon clearing before or after the 4th CD slaughter?
Old 2013-01-23, 07:50   Link #1860
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

"The Impulse, The Tempest, The Strife and The Luminary of the Seven Arcs are hidden in ridiculously gigantic underground mazes reflecting the real life Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, Tokyo Dome, Tokyo Station and Shiba Park respectively. In order to gain access to the podiums holding the Arcs, a guardian Legend Enemy must be defeated such as Archangel Metatron which under normal circumstances have completely over powered abilities such as invisibility, one-hit-KO attacks and all elements pierce. The other three Arcs, The Infinity, The Destiny and The Fluctuating Light are hidden in the Forbidden City, the reflection of the real life Tokyo Imperial Palace which is guarded by the Four Sacred Beasts making even entering the maze close to impossible. Unless the Burst Linker is a King or has a large army, sticking to normal outside Enemies for drops might prove better for their health and Burst Points."

Taken from randomc.net
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality