AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 13:10   Link #21
tsunade666

the last time this thread was used was 2010 and its been revived again. Its really awesome to see full tuning, Accelerator and Item.
Old 2013-04-12, 13:41   Link #22
desrtsku
Nympholept

Full tuning? It was long haired 9982.

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
I think she could do swap eventually if she practiced it. I personally think a neat trick would be compression, teleporting an object into itself to make it disappear entirely.
If that doesn't work just teleport it downwards 80 meters and it'll disappear.
Mugino fight would be over in a second if Kuroko was involved. Touma as well for obvious reasons.
BTW, this doesn't make any freaking sense.
Old 2013-04-12, 13:50   Link #23
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I realize it's just the OP, but you guys don't think there's any chance they really DO stick Kuroko and Touma in the Railgun vs Meltdowner fight, right? RIGHT??
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 14:00   Link #24
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
I realize it's just the OP, <insert "right, " here> but you guys don't think there's any chance they really DO stick Kuroko and Touma in the Railgun vs Meltdowner fight, right? RIGHT??
one more "right" and you could have sounded really moe.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:00   Link #25
tsunade666

^that won't happen. That will clash with the story and even they aren't that stupid to do so.

Ah so its not full tuning? too lazy to check so its one of the new operational clone.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:04   Link #26
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^that won't happen. That will clash with the story and even they aren't that stupid to do so.

Ah so its not full tuning? too lazy to check so its one of the new operational clone.
uah!! It's really happening! You posted at the exact same time as me ... earthquake!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's long haired 9982 ... well, we don't know how Full Tuning-chan looks like after all ... by "how she looks like" I'm obviously not talking about her face.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:09   Link #27
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I just re-read the manga this past week, and the way they showed the long haired SISTER almost parallels the scene where Misaka-9982 is first "born" in the manga, so I would assume that's her.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 15:25   Link #28
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

how far will the S2 cover?

what chapter

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 15:27   Link #29
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
how far will the S2 cover?

what chapter
Who knows but I want it to cover up to Daihaseisai arc.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 15:41   Link #30
zaeraal

Watched again the Opening and it really contained a lot of spoilers.
I doubt that they would spoil the "final battle" of the first half (12ep) right in the OP.
So they are most likely going to put it in middle (7th episode) as the TWIST in plot.
Which leaves the boss battle with accelerator at the end of the first half.
So Item and Sister arc are going to be finished in the first half of this season.

Do you believe the second half can do Daihasei?
Or they will do some Etzali stalking, Angel Fall fun, Three stories Misaka fight, Liberal Arts, Awaki fight, Endymion spoilers, Misaka/Uiharu hacking fight, and some Anime Original content to fill the 23.8. - 18.9. gap?
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 15:56   Link #31
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Watched again the Opening and it really contained a lot of spoilers.
I doubt that they would spoil the "final battle" of the first half (12ep) right in the OP.
So they are most likely going to put it in middle (7th episode) as the TWIST in plot.
Which leaves the boss battle with accelerator at the end of the first half.
So Item and Sister arc are going to be finished in the first half of this season.
The worse part of the original Railgun show was how they outstretched the manga content to fit an obscene amount of episodes. If the staff is the same, a part of me wouldn't be surprised if they do the same and the whole 24 episode series has only the 3/4 volumes of the manga that deal with the sisters arc and the rest is Saten doing shopping or something. It's pretty much the opposite of the manga, which I feels that is characterized by cutting to the point even when it doesn't look like it.

The feeling on how they handled the flow in episode 1 game the same "s1 vibes"; but it's obviously to early to judge, I doubt that they'll touch the Daihaseisai arc since it's not finished, so at best they are going to finish up with the sisters arc by ep 15 and then getting original content (like, an expansion of Kuroko's role in the remnant incident) or some original arcs (like, Misaki or Mugino in a swimming suit).

Mikoto's home cooking episode is obviously going to be the BD bonus episode
Old 2013-04-12, 17:19   Link #32
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The worse part of the original Railgun show was how they outstretched the manga content to fit an obscene amount of episodes. If the staff is the same, a part of me wouldn't be surprised if they do the same and the whole 24 episode series has only the 3/4 volumes of the manga that deal with the sisters arc and the rest is Saten doing shopping or something. It's pretty much the opposite of the manga, which I feels that is characterized by cutting to the point even when it doesn't look like it.

The feeling on how they handled the flow in episode 1 game the same "s1 vibes"; but it's obviously to early to judge, I doubt that they'll touch the Daihaseisai arc since it's not finished, so at best they are going to finish up with the sisters arc by ep 15 and then getting original content (like, an expansion of Kuroko's role in the remnant incident) or some original arcs (like, Misaki or Mugino in a swimming suit).

Mikoto's home cooking episode is obviously going to be the BD bonus episode
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 19:22   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I wonder... How many people here are familiar with the concept that not all OPs are accurate as foreshadowing tools, and that they are usually more style than substance?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 19:41   Link #34
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wonder... How many people here are familiar with the concept that not all OPs are accurate as foreshadowing tools, and that they are usually more style than substance?
One can always fear the worst~

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 21:28   Link #35
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Its just.... its just disturbs me when Okashira says it, even more disturbing than reading your exchanges with Sumeragi and SH.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 21:29   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know what you're talking about... >_>

<_<
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 07:19   Link #37
icebreaker

In the opening Misaka blocked one of Mugino's electron-cannons with electricity. I don't think that is possible..
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 07:49   Link #38
OverNOut
The Obsever

Mugino's Meltdowner allows her to fix the electrons in the ambiguous condition that stand between a "particle" or a "wave". The manipulated electrons are then released as a white(though in this case green), sparkling ray of light that spread great destruction.
Since the high-speed particle wave is essentially electrons, a superior electrons manipulation Esper namely Misaka can manipulate it to a certain degree.
Though the opening shows it more like blocking, it maybe she's diffusing it with her ability. In hindsight, redirecting it would be more affective but it wouldn't epic enough for the opening.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:52   Link #39
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverNOut View Post
Mugino's Meltdowner allows her to fix the electrons in the ambiguous condition that stand between a "particle" or a "wave". The manipulated electrons are then released as a white(though in this case green), sparkling ray of light that spread great destruction.
Since the high-speed particle wave is essentially electrons, a superior electrons manipulation Esper namely Misaka can manipulate it to a certain degree.
Though the opening shows it more like blocking, it maybe she's diffusing it with her ability. In hindsight, redirecting it would be more affective but it wouldn't epic enough for the opening.
Before discussing whether Misaka can manipulate Mugino's electron-cannons, those electron cannons travels at a speed no human can react to once fired. (Well, Touma's sixth sense and Hamazura's luck is something else)

The rank of a level 5 is decided through the usefulness of their ability, not whether one is superior to the other.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-04-13 at 09:19. Reason: Nevermind
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 09:09   Link #40
tsunade666

Misaka can't redirect Mugino's beam of death. In the manga she only manage to dent its course.

Mugino's beam of death travel at the speed of light that its the best anti-air assault of academy city. Its even used to take down high speed jet fighter of soviets union.