AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 08:06   Link #7981
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Burn. Also, I think I may have seen you in a match a last weekend, Myssa. Huh. Fancy that.

Anyway, while I'm pretty much broke, I have enough gold for another 24 hours of Premium, so I tossed it down and will be spending the next 24 hours grinding gold on my T5s. I'm thinking of getting a Su-85 TD, or working my way through the German line in order to get the Panzer IV, which I shall then call Yukari. XD The only one of my tanks to be named.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 08:39   Link #7982
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Pen and Sahin have been keeping me on tier 9 ever since the weekend started. Must be because of the crew exp bonuses...

What's your name in the NA server, and what cluster? Sticking with the East Coast, as the West Coast's low server population wreaks havoc on the MM.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:44   Link #7983
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Burn. Also, I think I may have seen you in a match a last weekend, Myssa. Huh. Fancy that.

Anyway, while I'm pretty much broke, I have enough gold for another 24 hours of Premium, so I tossed it down and will be spending the next 24 hours grinding gold on my T5s. I'm thinking of getting a Su-85 TD, or working my way through the German line in order to get the Panzer IV, which I shall then call Yukari. XD The only one of my tanks to be named.
What do you mean grinding gold? i haven't heard any news about grinding gold.

@ Teru i am not crazy but lazy yes. crazy ppl are ppl that hit unicum or close to it.
Old 2013-07-05, 09:53   Link #7984
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Pen and Sahin have been keeping me on tier 9 ever since the weekend started. Must be because of the crew exp bonuses...

What's your name in the NA server, and what cluster? Sticking with the East Coast, as the West Coast's low server population wreaks havoc on the MM.
I currently bounce between NA East and NA West. Somehow, when I'm on NA West, I do better in my Cruiser II and Valentine, but I do better on NA East with my Churchill I and T-34.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
What do you mean grinding gold? i haven't heard any news about grinding gold.
I meant to say grinding credits. Y'know, I have bad things to say about ME3's store, but at least the credits are a bit easier to grind than in WoT! But the prayer is still the same everywhere:

GRIND FOR THE GRIND GOD! CREDITS FOR THE MP STORE!

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 10:11   Link #7985
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I currently bounce between NA East and NA West. Somehow, when I'm on NA West, I do better in my Cruiser II and Valentine, but I do better on NA East with my Churchill I and T-34.

I meant to say grinding credits. Y'know, I have bad things to say about ME3's store, but at least the credits are a bit easier to grind than in WoT! But the prayer is still the same everywhere:

GRIND FOR THE GRIND GOD! CREDITS FOR THE MP STORE!
Mass Effect 3?

Q better claim goose before someone else grabs him first. join our legion of hardcore mup-erti-ers and the softcore... mupers?... Anyways if u decide to join i will accept ur app or i could swear u into the clan thru invite. i just need a username to send an invite.

Looking @ all the poor mupers makes cry... everyone barely getting their first tier 10 or 9..... While i am already working on my 6th.... hmm idk if i should get the E 75... it does not seem like anyone plats when i get on... their still soloing or grinding for something.

Wonder if ES will be back soon. if i am bored enuf i might change my alt acct's name to Saten-san.
Old 2013-07-05, 10:31   Link #7986
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

i really wish I could have premium for this weekend. I'm getting 60k aprox in credits per won with my tier 5s, which could be 120k aprox with premium.

Anyway... just played my 3rd alt and started the grind to both, the T25AT and the T25/2. Going to grind the first to get the 105mm so when unlock the Proto, it could pack a bigger punch.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 10:42   Link #7987
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
i really wish I could have premium for this weekend. I'm getting 60k aprox in credits per won with my tier 5s, which could be 120k aprox with premium.

Anyway... just played my 3rd alt and started the grind to both, the T25AT and the T25/2. Going to grind the first to get the 105mm so when unlock the Proto, it could pack a bigger punch.
You will love the 120 when you it unlocked under 9 reload prolly 8.71 secs same gun as the T34 so it's got very good pen.
Old 2013-07-05, 10:46   Link #7988
Blaat

Page 400, already sheesh my first post in this thread was 8 months ago (?!) was on page 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
You kitted it out yet Blaat ? how are you liking it so far ?
I have all modules researched I'm still on the fence, sometimes I'm liking it other times I really hate it.
Old 2013-07-05, 11:01   Link #7989
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I have all modules researched I'm still on the fence, sometimes I'm liking it other times I really hate it.
Kimi proves that the darned thing (the Cromwell) is an absolute beast when played right. Its speed and agility more than makes up for the lack of damage.
Old 2013-07-05, 11:06   Link #7990
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Kimi proves that the darned thing (the Cromwell) is an absolute beast when played right. Its speed and agility more than makes up for the lack of damage.
Wish it had vert stab. Too much shaking. The gun was much more reliable on Churchill I.

Kind of analogous to the 57mm on KV-1 vs T-34.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 11:14   Link #7991
Gravitas Free Zone

I have both the Cromwell and the Easy Eight, and the vertical stabilizer is a noticeable help on the E8, even if the Cromwell does better in a lot of other categories.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 11:43   Link #7992
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I have both the Cromwell and the Easy Eight, and the vertical stabilizer is a noticeable help on the E8, even if the Cromwell does better in a lot of other categories.
Honestly I think all Cromwell has over E8 is an overall better gun, but that's negated by the ability of E8 to mount vert stab. E8 has more gun depression as well and isn't much slower. Also the Cromwell is a bit huge. Everyone likes hitting it

In my experience top speed does not matter a lot unless you like the thrill of running at full speed and going "NASCAR YEEEEEAH". Game-wise, anything above 40 is good enough for resetting base in the middle of a game.

Edit: Apparently E8 turns 4 degrees faster than Cromwell as well. I actually thought Cromwell would be faster. Hmm...
Old 2013-07-05, 12:30   Link #7993
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I am now done with grinding for my Leopard 1 and T-62A.

Which means I am free for platooning 5 ~ 8 and actually enjoy this game as its meant to be enjoyed...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 12:33   Link #7994
Gravitas Free Zone

I tend to use the Cromwell as a fat scout, though I think finding out that it can jump the Westfield bridge has made me a little nuttier in it than I need to be. Still, it can half-court pretty well if it is the fastest/smallest tank in a high-tier game... but against high tiers I will usually just keep driving instead of making any attempt at all to stop and shoot, at least until I know where everyone is.

The E8 is slow enough to not get into the trouble that the Cromwell does, and with BiA on it I can use it as a flanking damage factory. The extra gun depression on its top gun vs. the Cromwell's top gun has saved my butt a few times also.

The Cromwell's raw speed is still nice though... if you do break through, there's not much that can be done to stop you from rampaging all over the enemy arty.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 12:33   Link #7995
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, my third acc is about to get it's first tier 7, the T25/2. Only 100xp to go. After I unlocked it I will spent time in my secondary acc to grind to the Cromwell.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 12:54   Link #7996
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Honestly I think all Cromwell has over E8 is an overall better gun, but that's negated by the ability of E8 to mount vert stab. E8 has more gun depression as well and isn't much slower. Also the Cromwell is a bit huge. Everyone likes hitting it

In my experience top speed does not matter a lot unless you like the thrill of running at full speed and going "NASCAR YEEEEEAH". Game-wise, anything above 40 is good enough for resetting base in the middle of a game.

Edit: Apparently E8 turns 4 degrees faster than Cromwell as well. I actually thought Cromwell would be faster. Hmm...
cromwell have 2 advantage compared to other T6 med

amazing acceleration
reliable gun (good RoF/DPM, Accuracy and pen)

dont have crom but have T49 and I can see how this advantage is highly desirable

acceleration mean that you abel to react fast and move fast. especially if you got spotted. you can move fast enough to evade enemy fire. increased the survivability. you also able to go quick enough to evade gun shot and circle the tank and shot the weak point

reliable gun means if you point your gun at your enemy. it will AND do the damage. this is make the tank experience more enjoyable since all you do is point and *click* *click**click**click**click**click*
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 14:19   Link #7997
Newhope

To be honest I find the Easy8 an easy kill in most tanks they're pretty sluggish and gun is fairly poor.

Cromwells on the other hand can be downright dangerous at times they're so fast they can turn up anywhere, it's excellent flanker with a gun that can rip almost anything apart in no time.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:22   Link #7998
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I am now done with grinding for my Leopard 1 and T-62A.

Which means I am free for platooning 5 ~ 8 and actually enjoy this game as its meant to be enjoyed...

- Tak
Sounds good~

What is your time zone anyway? I never managed to figure it out.
Old 2013-07-05, 15:22   Link #7999
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It starts out that way (was the same for me) but once you get a real feel for it I think you'll enjoy it.

For me I played it like a light and I'd usually hovered behind the rest of the team supporting until I spotted an opening I could flank with.

Tonights season was a bit rough and MM is definitely going hard on the T49 and out of the 5-6 games I had with it none where same tiered but that said I still ended up with more wins than loses.

I also managed a couple of decent matches (and an awful one) in the chaffee and picked up a patrol duty medal for the first times in ages.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That aside I just bought the T28 so I can move up the Russian heavy line and man do I feel the pain of all those T28's I've slaughtered in the past. Its not a bad tank by any means but its so long and lightly armored its easy pickings to anyone with a bigger gun.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:59   Link #8000
Blaat

Decent match I had on the BDR GB1
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
That aside I just bought the T28 so I can move up the Russian heavy line and man do I feel the pain of all those T28's I've slaughtered in the past. Its not a bad tank by any means but its so long and lightly armored its easy pickings to anyone with a bigger gun.
On the bright side you already researched the best gun of the T-28. Still after you've gotten used to the tier 6 and 7 grinds the tier 4 grind seems like a joke.

Last edited by Blaat; 2013-07-05 at 16:17.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks