AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Old 2015-11-22, 17:25   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Heavy Object - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Heavy Objects only)

This thread is for the experienced Heavy Object viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Heavy Object anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Heavy Object, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the $$spoiler-speculation-thread-id$$).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 05:20   Link #2
Inept Forum User

Preview for Episode 9 up. Seems like the penguins made it.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 05:56   Link #3
LazyHunter

Penguin are in? Cool! It does look like the episode at least is going to hit all the events of the chapter, so I wonder if they can fit all of them without cutting too much dialogue.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 06:01   Link #4
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

HO has a subforum now? Sweet.

Always looking forward to the part with the Penguins. That one really got to me.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 06:37   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I haven't read this in a while so I'll be interested in seeing what the Penguins are about.

Is this also where "Juliet" appears?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 10:19   Link #6
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I haven't read this in a while so I'll be interested in seeing what the Penguins are about.

Is this also where "Juliet" appears?
Oh, the penguin scene. It's a bit like one scene in the Phineas and Ferb episode where the Sci-Fi/Fantasy convention devolves into an inter-genre geek war.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 06:21   Link #7
Botan_TM

I see a lot of people is unhappy Haivia x Froleytia ship sunk.

Spoiler for Haivia privileges:

Anyway, any chance for volume 5 being animated, what do you think?
Old 2015-11-28, 06:30   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't think they were 'unhappy' per say
Old 2015-11-28, 06:43   Link #9
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
I see a lot of people is unhappy Haivia x Froleytia ship sunk.

Spoiler for Haivia privileges:

Anyway, any chance for volume 5 being animated, what do you think?
I've seen a lot of people who enjoyed Heivia's fiancee, so I guess it's only the usual obsessed shippers that realized that's what happens when you make assumptions. I think that the second cour will adapt another two volumes, so we might get to see that scene in volume 4's adaptation. Volume 5 would be a weird story to end the anime.
Old 2015-11-28, 06:46   Link #10
Botan_TM

OVA or movie for Volume 5 seems possible.
I hope.
Old 2015-11-28, 18:09   Link #11
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
OVA or movie for Volume 5 seems possible.
I hope.
I recall that the novels went right from volume 4 to volume 6.
Old 2015-11-29, 09:43   Link #12
Weather
Wonder Wind

Volume 5 is a huge ass side story.

An incredibly badass one with my 2nd favorite character of this series, but a side story.

Needs a Ova(s) or movie srsly.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 14:35   Link #13
LazyHunter

Maybe a series of OVAs, but if Heavy Object got a movie I doubt they would adapt something without the main characters or Objects (besides a Rush cameo).
Old 2015-11-29, 15:52   Link #14
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Maybe a series of OVAs, but if Heavy Object got a movie I doubt they would adapt something without the main characters or Objects (besides a Rush cameo).
Well, Gatling-33 really should be the main character. Although I'm not really sure how it's considered Second Generation while the Baby Magnum is first. It seems to be a solid all-area ground combatant.
Old 2015-11-29, 16:59   Link #15
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
Well, Gatling-33 really should be the main character. Although I'm not really sure how it's considered Second Generation while the Baby Magnum is first. It seems to be a solid all-area ground combatant.
2nd Gens are focused in one role or battlefield to the expense of other capabilities. Rush's role is an Anti-Object Object, one of the most common specializations of 2nd Gens. As its name says Rush is focused in using bursts of speed to evade enemy fire, get close to the enemy's Object and take it down using its rapid-fire beam gatling cannons. Like Quenser said in the first volume those are not the kind of weapons that can aim precisely at long ranges, so for example the Rush wouldn't have been able to do a long-range bombardment like the Baby Magnum did in episode 9. Also, its bursts of speed using the treads only work in land, not in naval battles.
Old 2015-11-30, 00:59   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Dat subtitle for this thread.
I guess everyone is a Heavy Object now?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 05:56   Link #17
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Dat subtitle for this thread.
I guess everyone is a Heavy Object now?
Should've put:

"For Veteran Elites Only (at least 3 Object Killmarks)"

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 10:01   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Only for the Heaviest of Objects.
Old 2015-12-03, 21:26   Link #19
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
2nd Gens are focused in one role or battlefield to the expense of other capabilities. Rush's role is an Anti-Object Object, one of the most common specializations of 2nd Gens. As its name says Rush is focused in using bursts of speed to evade enemy fire, get close to the enemy's Object and take it down using its rapid-fire beam gatling cannons. Like Quenser said in the first volume those are not the kind of weapons that can aim precisely at long ranges, so for example the Rush wouldn't have been able to do a long-range bombardment like the Baby Magnum did in episode 9. Also, its bursts of speed using the treads only work in land, not in naval battles.
Yeah, but that seems very general by second gen standards; Prometheus, for example, was only practical in very mountainous terrain because the mobility advantages there outweigh its abysmal uptime. Bright Hopper would only have been useful on battlefields that allowed a clear approach and with ground hard enough for the insane ground pressure exerted by it's feet to propel it more than dig holes.

Then there are the really specialized ones built around a single gimmick; ECM-11 or collective farming. Gatling-33 just seems... reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Only for the Heaviest of Objects.
How heavy is that? TriCore Heavy? Because there's a pretty big gap to he next spot down. Though I have no idea which one that would be...
Old 2015-12-04, 03:37   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm, I was referring to the slight gag from the thread subtitle... (._.)