AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-13, 12:43   Link #261
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol , well , anyway , we'll see later . Dunno if the author will bring it back .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 20:54   Link #262
mammothb

anyone who read the raws, know anything about it being brought up?
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 22:02   Link #263
typhonsentra

What the hell happened to that site that always used to post the RAWs anyway? They've slacked on everything but Jump lately.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 03:56   Link #264
GrimJack

if you noticed the side bar on the site you would realize both WSM and WSS are not published this week and will be back next week. The raws are never kept up for long so you always have to be quick if you want to download them
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 08:54   Link #265
typhonsentra

I think we're talking about different sites here, but I didn't know they were off this week (I thought it was just next week and the week after). RMP has been lax on updating for anything non-Jump since December started.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 18:44   Link #266
Dark Mage

Anyone seen the raws yet? I saw the raws can someone who understands the language please spoil me about something, as the scanlated chapters are still gonna take some time to come out or so it seems. So any kind of summary will be greatly appreciated, I especially want to know what happened in these situations ---

Spoiler for chapter 17:

Thanks
Old 2009-12-21, 21:34   Link #267
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well just some more shitting on Utsumi's head, but nothing really bad compared to the level of crap he was getting lately, its almost softcore.

But it clear as hell ain't 'good' anything about it and if they keep the original ending of one shot I would change the name not even to "Bad ending' but to a 'shitty ending' which would suit this manga

Spoiler:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 22:29   Link #268
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Sankaku speaks of mangaka being pressured by Otakus, again? Is the only type of love an Otaku likes is either a virgin or a lesbian (read: Kampfer)

Spoiler for Sankaku:
Old 2009-12-21, 23:42   Link #269
ZODDGUTS

Oh wow. Personally I'm more annoyed at the fact that the main character is somewhat getting shitted on in the story right now, I'm sure things will pick up for him though...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 23:47   Link #270
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Sankaku speaks of mangaka being pressured by Otakus, again? Is the only type of love an Otaku likes is either a virgin or a lesbian (read: Kampfer)

Spoiler for Sankaku:
I disagree with those comments completely, but I wouldn't go so far to say they were hateful or harsh. They were just voicing an opinion it seems. A stupid opinion, but an opinion nonetheless. Sucks that the poor lady had to close it though.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 00:12   Link #271
ZODDGUTS

Doubt all the post on her website by the readers where just criticism post, bet quite a few of them were spiteful attacks which cause to close down her website.

She did say that she's “heart-broken over their hateful attacks". There must have been rather harsh words from those post...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 00:42   Link #272
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post

Spoiler for Sankaku:
This sounds awfully familiar.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 00:43   Link #273
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Nagi-sama from Kannagi.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 02:49   Link #274
Dark Mage

What more can you expect from people who sleep with Anime dolls, marry them, talk with them, shut themselves in their rooms with only electronic gadgets and comic books to keep them company? They have little connection to how the real world works as they have been bullied in school maybe, sit by themselves in school absorbed in their PsP, to them, they want their pillows to be virgins
Old 2009-12-22, 03:09   Link #275
Johnny
Working the bags...

I don't agree with the downright hateful crap, but everyone is allowed their own opinion. Whether they agree or disagree with the story. The rape stuff if it was correct yeah, I don't want to read about that crap. The no longer virgin main female stuff, doesn't bother me at all...

It's just me, but I don't think it would as bad if the author cut Utsu a little bit of slack a chapter or two. I understand she's building a foundation so to speak. However, constantly dragging him down 'You've been shitted on lane' all the time might be part of the reason. Throw him a wet nap once in awhile before dragging him back down that road again...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 03:18   Link #276
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
What more can you expect from people who sleep with Anime dolls, marry them, talk with them, shut themselves in their rooms with only electronic gadgets and comic books to keep them company? They have little connection to how the real world works as they have been bullied in school maybe, sit by themselves in school absorbed in their PsP, to them, they want their pillows to be virgins
What more can you expect from putting a seinen in shounen?

That's the reaction you will get. In mangafox there was an argument some readers (I think you too took part in that discussion) stating that since it is (magazine) aimed towards older audience than WSJ it will be alright, to which I still argued that they are shifting the genre too much. No matter how you play with shounen, it should still be a shounen and not seinen, and such scene naturally may be too problematic, since it is a seinen and not shounen at all.

And now it is where it is, we can say that I was right. It is not WSJ but we still get over-reactions and thats what I expected since no matter what age group it is pointed it still a genre shift - from shouinen to seinen.

If this stuff would be posted on seinen magazine we would be seeing much less of the drama. Here, even the fact that it is aimed towards older age group than WSJ does not save it, since very simply it went over the limits of mature shounen right to the seinen, and it is very normal to expect a conflict.

I too am more bothered by the fact that the main character gets shitted on, chapter after chapter after chapter. It really is tedious to get so many chaters in a row with nothing positive and my will to read kind of gets smaller with each upcoming chapter since I know that all I will get will be the main character getting screwed up one way or another and thats not a good way at all to keep a tension that would intrigue readers who tend to identify themselves with the main characters.

Luckily there is still the tension about Yuki's past, otherwise there would be no tension at all, just the same repetitive seinen emo drama over and over again.
Old 2009-12-22, 03:28   Link #277
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
What more can you expect from putting a seinen in shounen?

That's the reaction you will get. In mangafox there was an argument some readers (I think you too took part in that discussion) stating that since it is (magazine) aimed towards older audience than WSJ it will be alright, to which I still argued that they are shifting the genre too much. No matter how you play with shounen, it should still be a shounen and not seinen, and such scene naturally may be too problematic, since it is a seinen and not shounen at all.

And now it is where it is, we can say that I was right. It is not WSJ but we still get over-reactions and thats what I expected since no matter what age group it is pointed it still a genre shift - from shouinen to seinen.

If this stuff would be posted on seinen magazine we would be seeing much less of the drama. Here, even the fact that it is aimed towards older age group than WSJ does not save it, since very simply it went over the limits of mature shounen right to the seinen, and it is very normal to expect a conflict.

I too am more bothered by the fact that the main character gets shitted on, chapter after chapter after chapter. It really is tedious to get so many chaters in a raw with nothing positive and my will to read kind of gets smaller with each upcoming chapter since I know that all I will get will be the main character getting screwed up one way or another and thats not a good way at all to keep a tension that would intrigue readers who tend to identify themselves with the main characters.

Luckily there is still the tension about Yuki's past, otherwise there would be no tension at all, just the same repetitive seinen emo drama over and over again.
It makes sense people would complain about including Rape scenes in a shounen manga. However, in this case, it's people RAGING that the fact that one of the main female leads has a hickey, and then implying that she's not a VIRGIN because of that. The latter clearly would not belong to the age group that WSJ is targeting, and hence really can't use the Shounen/Seinen argument in their favor, as there's nothing inherently 'mature' about a hickey.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 03:34   Link #278
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It makes sense people would complain about including Rape scenes in a shounen manga. However, in this case, it's people RAGING that the fact that one of the main female leads has a hickey, and then implying that she's not a VIRGIN because of that. The latter clearly would not belong to the age group that WSJ is targeting, and hence really can't use the Shounen/Seinen argument in their favor, as there's nothing inherently 'mature' about a hickey.
It is more mature in the implication it gives. Considering that they know that Yuki was not a virgin (and it has been explicatively shown) they get the second main heroine marked as a non-virgin now too and this is what makes the bubble bust the way I see it. If they would know Yuki is 'pure', even if the hickey would come down to us, it would hold.

I think this stuff is still seinen because it seems like nothing idealized remains in this romance manga, but rather turns into a down-to-earth seinen drama which some readers have troubles to adapt.

I view it as a connected to whole seinen/shounen genre shift problem.

Having two main female characters being 'second-hand' is what makes them rage. There were negative feedback after Yuki, but again because the number two still remained 'pure' the raging was under control, but after the hickey they already start raging (Eri is not considered part of main heroines, so it did not calm it down, though I do see some shifts towards her as of lately because she is technically the most pure of them).

Personally I too now look at Eri in proffered light over Yuki and senpai, not because she is supposed to be a virgin (thats silly if you ask me personally), but simply because Utsu gets way too much screwed up if he tries to do anything with the latter duo. And in the latest chapter Yuki comes off as a hypocrite (talks about accepting past, but she herself later plays the drama queen with the whole - You would not understand card. Yes it is painful experience but I really don't like characters who give advices about not dwelling on the past, but herself is pretty content on doing just that) and it does not help...
Old 2009-12-22, 04:01   Link #279
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I think that's a little extreme there. It's just that their ideal girl image is destroyed. It's their 'goddess' after all, if they have some lustful relationship with some unknown jerk and not the protagonist, they have a right to be pissed.

Although I find it funny they mention Iketani and not Yuki, who had a more tragic relationship and being the heroine.. I thought they would have burned the manga by now judging from the reaction.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 04:13   Link #280
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Although I find it funny they mention Iketani and not Yuki, who had a more tragic relationship and being the heroine.. I thought they would have burned the manga by now judging from the reaction.
I think its because they had Iketani as another pure love variation, even after knowing the stuff about Yuki, since Ikatani remained the pure, the bubble kept on. It got busted with the hickey though and now they had two both main love interest being 'second-hand'.

I think if the chapter with hickey would have come before the Yuki scene, you would not get all that rage either and the whole raging would start after Yuki scene.

I view it as a combination of both scenes rather than just one scene in particular. That and the fact that Utsu is constantly screwed up chapter after chapter does not help either.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi