AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 17:54   Link #3221
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Looking at some of the scans, it looks like something like Hidan No Aria except replace a flat chest Tsundere with an generic busty girl. No wonder people dislike this series. Completely generic and unforgetable LN from a guy who has tarnished his reputation with the LN crowd.
Where can I find them?
Old 2012-08-12, 18:50   Link #3222
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Where can I find them?
Pretty much any Japanese Anime blog, just Google the Japanese name of the title and you'll find a few of them.

But they're all illustrations of girls, hardly what I would use to judge the story itself... That's why I'm hoping someone here is brave enough to have actually read it so we can freely bash it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:00   Link #3223
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Now, Izuru, since you have time for games, GIVE ME MY MOMOIRO GUARDIAN 2!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 01:54   Link #3224
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Pretty much any Japanese Anime blog, just Google the Japanese name of the title and you'll find a few of them.

But they're all illustrations of girls, hardly what I would use to judge the story itself... That's why I'm hoping someone here is brave enough to have actually read it so we can freely bash it
From what I see, during a crappy day of school. He was forced to join the club with Homare, the male lead is your typical Keitaro tier wuss.

This is a MiliOta (military Otaku) catering LN. Guns and boobs and a duo of busty females.
Old 2012-08-14, 02:09   Link #3225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
From what I see, during a crappy day of school. He was forced to join the club with Homare, the male lead is your typical Keitaro tier wuss.

This is a MiliOta (military Otaku) catering LN. Guns and boobs and a duo of busty females.
Hmmm, all that has been done before with frustratingly common level of success... I'm guessing the problem comes from execution and writing style as people had mentioned?
Old 2012-08-14, 05:26   Link #3226
neowind

I understand some fan raging..about IS novel.. and so on.. But hey sometimes creator want to try new things.. yeah the whole he can go back to IS. over all.

people need to understand sometime writers get tired or want to take break from a big project. they want to branch off tap new things

just let him be.. he will look for strength again. some one post before how on his blog he talk about the editors and so on comments , that he just doesn't see that he sucks.. that is really stupid to say..oh he sucks he just doesnt see it from the editor comments. people get hurt when someone criticize there work..ok =p

think about JK she had dark times too

well sorry to say but JK for potter was the same too. before harry potter came out, When she toke the story around .a lot of company's told her it suck.. the comment on everything. wanted to change his character. she talk about how some editors said some real mean stuff to her.

she feel bully too.. at times gave up..but

wasn't tell she found this one place which saw something no one else saw and harry potter made history =D

forgive my typing..but just hang in there alright. he wrote this novel for a long time and even had the ideas before . sometime big projects like these take time, have there ups and down.. it toke jk years...to write everything before she even touch a company about her story.. before that she had dark times..gave up writing for a bit..and found strength to go back at it

yes when she wrote harry she did all in one big thing before she even touch companys. but yeah just go easy on him alright =D this one toke off..so sometime..it can get overwhelming and so on
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 06:06   Link #3227
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

K-TARO LEVEL WUSS?

That's going to be such....
Old 2012-08-14, 06:09   Link #3228
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
K-TARO LEVEL WUSS?

That's going to be such....
You know, up until Guilty Crown and Accel World, I didn't know they still made those in Japan...
Old 2012-08-14, 06:11   Link #3229
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, up until Guilty Crown and Accel World, I didn't know they still made those in Japan...
Hell, I don't even known writer STILL think it's popular, with the surge of badass harem hero, you'd think they'll realize....
Old 2012-08-14, 21:21   Link #3230
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neowind View Post
I understand some fan raging..about IS novel.. and so on.. But hey sometimes creator want to try new things.. yeah the whole he can go back to IS. over all.

people need to understand sometime writers get tired or want to take break from a big project. they want to branch off tap new things

just let him be.. he will look for strength again. some one post before how on his blog he talk about the editors and so on comments , that he just doesn't see that he sucks.. that is really stupid to say..oh he sucks he just doesnt see it from the editor comments. people get hurt when someone criticize there work..ok =p

think about JK she had dark times too

well sorry to say but JK for potter was the same too. before harry potter came out, When she toke the story around .a lot of company's told her it suck.. the comment on everything. wanted to change his character. she talk about how some editors said some real mean stuff to her.

she feel bully too.. at times gave up..but

wasn't tell she found this one place which saw something no one else saw and harry potter made history =D

forgive my typing..but just hang in there alright. he wrote this novel for a long time and even had the ideas before . sometime big projects like these take time, have there ups and down.. it toke jk years...to write everything before she even touch a company about her story.. before that she had dark times..gave up writing for a bit..and found strength to go back at it

yes when she wrote harry she did all in one big thing before she even touch companys. but yeah just go easy on him alright =D this one toke off..so sometime..it can get overwhelming and so on
Except that it's one thing to believe in the work you created (Rowling) and another thing to whine about everybody inrcluding your fans who make a few criticisms, in an extremely unprofessional manner through social media. Note the word 'fans'. Meaning they already enjoyed what he has written in the first few volumes of IS. Another problem is, he's not just taking a break but being lazy and easily distracted. Which was one of the believed causes, whether direct or indirect, of his previous fiasco with MF. Just look at his previous tweets. It's one thing for publishers to have something against the author, and another thing for even the readers to think that he should 'dogeza' (prostrate/kneel and apologize) and 'hansei' (reflect on his behavior), but up to date, he still believe he has not done anything wrong. Sure, I should take the publicly available info with a pinch of salt since I'm not an insider. But I can never believe that he actually has zero fault in everything, which appears to be what he's believing and asserting. That kind of attitude just blows all kind of credibility in his defenses. If he were to say that he's partly responsible for some stuff etc., and denying the rest and suffering injustice, it might have been still possible for people to swallow it.

Disclaimer: That's my two cents. Don't take what I say as the gospel truth.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 21:27   Link #3231
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Wrong post, my bad

Last edited by a3jay14; 2012-08-14 at 21:28. Reason: nvm
a3jay14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 21:38   Link #3232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by neowind View Post

People aren't complaining that he shouldn't do any new stories, God and Aleister knows how many authors have more than one project at work.

People are saying that his new work just outright sucks.

That, couple with the lack of professionalism in twitters, pretty much destroyed his already shaky reputation.

That's why they're saying at the very least he should focus on saving IS. But personally, I don't think he's capable of doing so.
Old 2012-08-14, 22:48   Link #3233
Yye1
Wide Right

aleister from index? btw, now index is the perfect example of a good light novel series and as far as I know, the author is not a big whiner

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 22:57   Link #3234
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
aleister from index? btw, now index is the perfect example of a good light novel series and as far as I know, the author is not a big whiner
That's because Kamachi writes EVERYTHING and does it on time- What does he have to complain about ?

If anything I recall a twitter by his editor complaining that he needs to rest more and stop working so much
Old 2012-08-15, 00:21   Link #3235
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I wish we have someone here that can write Japanese to him.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 00:26   Link #3236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Might not need to- The Japanese occasionally translate our forum posts after all...
Old 2012-08-15, 00:39   Link #3237
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Except that it's one thing to believe in the work you created (Rowling) and another thing to whine about everybody inrcluding your fans who make a few criticisms, in an extremely unprofessional manner through social media. Note the word 'fans'. Meaning they already enjoyed what he has written in the first few volumes of IS. Another problem is, he's not just taking a break but being lazy and easily distracted. Which was one of the believed causes, whether direct or indirect, of his previous fiasco with MF. Just look at his previous tweets. It's one thing for publishers to have something against the author, and another thing for even the readers to think that he should 'dogeza' (prostrate/kneel and apologize) and 'hansei' (reflect on his behavior), but up to date, he still believe he has not done anything wrong. Sure, I should take the publicly available info with a pinch of salt since I'm not an insider. But I can never believe that he actually has zero fault in everything, which appears to be what he's believing and asserting. That kind of attitude just blows all kind of credibility in his defenses. If he were to say that he's partly responsible for some stuff etc., and denying the rest and suffering injustice, it might have been still possible for people to swallow it.

Disclaimer: That's my two cents. Don't take what I say as the gospel truth.
Maybe so but I am in agreement with many of opinions.
Old 2012-08-16, 23:34   Link #3238
Yye1
Wide Right

question, do u think the author might just be on something like speed or weed or heroin?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:56   Link #3239
Eratas123

I doubt it. They probably check if their authors/assets are high on drugs since the legal trouble wouldn't be worth the hassle if he got caught. Besides, Izuru is supposedly very sickly, so taking drugs is a bad idea.
Old 2012-08-17, 04:10   Link #3240
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
question, do u think the author might just be on something like speed or weed or heroin?
Well that was random Can't a guy just be naturally unpleasant to work with?

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen