AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 11:46   Link #341
desrtsku
Nympholept

Got Sayaka, looks like she's the worst then >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Well lets hope nothing bad happens to Acchan since she was missing in the audition recruitment video.
Let's hope she just caught a cold, a cold so severe she couldn't leave her bed for several months
Old 2012-05-01, 11:49   Link #342
sa547
*Author

That Gree TV ad would've been ideal and therefore more appealing (and that was what I had in mind when the first announcement came), but for some reason the production committee figured that they want the character designs to be unique, to stand out (seems they really don't want a generic cookie-cutter design), to create a stark contrast between the characters and the dark/grim environment, and possibly as an attempt to attract a different demographic (especially non-fans), and so they hired Ebata for the job.

(Judging from the AKB documentary, their fans now also include children, which means I'm sure some of those kids are willing to stay up late just to watch.)

As for the "love letter" bit, I said it because regular fans would readily recognize everything that's presented in the show, but would require some non-fans to first learn a big deal of information before watching.

Quote:
Sayaka's the toughest girl within the group: black-belter, long-distance runner, starred in at least two action films... and has six-pack abs. But still she has a feminine side and is quite a friendly woman.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-01 at 12:01.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 11:55   Link #343
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Sayaka isn't bad lol~ she's one of the best AKB member and sa547's fave.
http://sasuga-kashira.tumblr.com/pos...andshake-event
The way she encouraged gay and lesbians who came to meet AKB was really amazing...;__;

Oh that's true. I heard Mayuyu is like a cyborg in the anime?
non fans would be like wtf this so random because they don't know Mayuyu nickname is Cyborg Girl...so...yeah...XD
But it might encourage them to look up AKB and maybe become a fan so that's probably one of the intention..unless they look at Baby 3x or HR and get the wrong impression of them...
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:02   Link #344
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Interesting, this anime adaption of a live adaption of a long-running hentai manga, unfortunately the derivatives have to skip the graphic elements

Anyway, in the anime there were so many things done wrong, that ended up being fun to watch
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:07   Link #345
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Wrong topic?
Old 2012-05-01, 15:14   Link #346
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I was like...

AKB48 has a LONG RUNNING hentai manga about them? O_O

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:25   Link #347
Malkuth
Banned

Shinning Musume by Shiwasu no Okina, started in 2001 and is still running

AKB48 uses the same group structures and promotion practices (minus the demons and rituals) since 2005

This anime has the futuristic version of the above two.

... and by the way there is a doujinshi some of the live groups' members, but needs a strong stomach to flip even the first couple of pages

Anyway, I thought the inspiration for the live group, as well as its producer's and fangirls' aspirations and fears about the future were on-topic
Old 2012-05-01, 15:50   Link #348
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Shinning Musume by Shiwasu no Okina, started in 2001 and is still running

AKB48 uses the same group structures and promotion practices (minus the demons and rituals) since 2005

This anime has the futuristic version of the above two.

... and by the way there is a doujinshi some of the live groups' members, but needs a strong stomach to flip even the first couple of pages

Anyway, I thought the inspiration for the live group, as well as its producer's and fangirls' aspirations and fears about the future were on-topic
Shining Musume is itself a parody series based on a separate idol supergroup referred to as the Hello! Project...it's a complete stretch to claim that the fan parody of an alternate idol group is the source of this obviously self-promotional multimedia project.

Hello! Project and AKB48 probably have plenty of similarities being in the same industry but given that they are competitors, and especially given that Morning Musume has somewhat faded out of relevance whereas AKB48 is the current really big thing you would do well not to assume any further connections between them.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:53   Link #349
ET1
SUB48 editor

Quote:
There have been idol groups since before Morning Musume, which had worked with a system of promotions and graduations. In fact, Akimoto had created Onyanko Club over a decade before. I don't see the point in the comparison, other than exploiting the current popularity of a franchise in as many branches as possible.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:46   Link #350
Malkuth
Banned

Chill out, I was half-joking, now that you mentioned Morning Musume, it rings a bell. By the way, sorry, if the joke wasn't obvious, yet made me wonder, are there more producers that bundle their idols into one group and follow that generation/subgroup model
Old 2012-05-01, 17:36   Link #351
ET1
SUB48 editor

Hmm... that is my usual cynical tone. I wasn't offended, just clarified the point. And nowadays virtually every single idol group (being from Tsunku like Morning Musume, Berryz Kobo, C-ute, S/mileage, etc, Akimoto with AKB48, No3b, French Kiss, Watarirouka Hashiritai, etc, and others like Stardust's Momoiro Clover, Platinum Passport's Passpo, Avex's SUPERGIRLS, Amuse's Sakura Gakuin, etc) work with generations, trainees and graduations. However, newer groups haven't been long enough to have started subunits, but they would do as they become more popular, since it is a good way to start spreading the reach of the groups.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:40   Link #352
mochichan

Quote:
Chill out, I was half-joking, now that you mentioned Morning Musume, it rings a bell. By the way, sorry, if the joke wasn't obvious, yet made me wonder, are there more producers that bundle their idols into one group and follow that generation/subgroup model

It's only among the girl groups in Japan and like 48 (SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NMB48, Nogizaka46, and probably JKT48 from Jakarta and the new SHN48, in Shanghai and Taipei48 =__=') and the Hello!Project ones (Morning Musume, Berryz, Momoiro Clover, S/mileage, C-ute). Beside the 48, the other girl groups are all irrelevant so I don't know much about them but the graduation/generation model has always been use for girls groups.

The boy groups don't change their line up.
Old 2012-05-01, 18:35   Link #353
ET1
SUB48 editor

Argh! Momoiro Clover isn't a Hello Project group >.< It is from Stardust, and its awesomeness beats anything coming from Tsunku and Akimoto :V

Johnny & Associates just has a huge pool of wannabe hopefuls, creates groups out of them within their Johnny Jr brand, train them, and once debuted, they are promoted as a standalone group. There aren't "promotions" or "generations" per se, but there are graduations.
Old 2012-05-01, 19:01   Link #354
mochichan

um...no..nothing is more awesome than queen Eguchi Aimi ok~

I thought Momoclo is from H!P :O
IDK..they got that H!P vibe lol
Honestly the only idol group in Japan I get into is the 48. everyone else just feel meh~ But then again my first PV from AKB was Beginner so I was pretty impressed :P

When do JE graduate their idols? I know douchebag Jin and Pi leave but I never heard them do things like graduation. I though it's more like leaving or changing line up than actual graduation ceremony like the girl groups have.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:13   Link #355
ET1
SUB48 editor

Graduation is a synonymous for leaving, and not every graduation in the female idol world gets a graduation concert or things like that (although it is usually the way companies are able to get extra money by charging people for the idol's departure). When I said graduations exist, it means that individual members can leave the group without the group dissolving (as might happen sometimes when an important member of a group leaves). The media announces such departures as graduations too, even though there aren't ceremonies, it is just the term used in the idol world.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:24   Link #356
mochichan

True.......well when I think of graduation, I'm use to the ceremony they usually have but yeah any line up change is basically a "graduation" of some kind, they just don't call it that.

Anyway~~~~
I WANT THE OP! It sound so cool~~ But hopefully Mayuyu isn't going to be the next one going to the hospital with Warota7 release and this anime song promotion at the same time.....

and when does the TV rating come out?
I would like to know how the general public is receiving this anime. At least 3% is a success considering the time slot. Considering otakus hate AKB (judging from the "die" comments I seen on some Japanese vids), I'm hoping the AKB hardcore fanbase and their casual fans will help out the rating.
Oh I also heard alot of people are requesting for AKB49 to be animated instead..so cross my finger for that one too.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-01 at 20:36.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:48   Link #357
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Otakus hate AKB? Why? That means very small chance of pixiv fanart damnit!
Old 2012-05-01, 21:02   Link #358
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Otakus hate AKB? Why? That means very small chance of pixiv fanart damnit!
There appears to be a very wide gap between otaku and wota, and rarely do they ever have something in common. If that's the case, then (no offense but) I wonder which category do Idolmaster fans belong to, as it's a crossover hit.

Of late, there's no 0048 fanart yet, but instead a small number of Majisuka Gakuen (a live-action delinquent-gangster-girl AKB production) artwork.

(Offtopic) OBTW, Momoiro Clover Z and AKB48 are in the same record company: King Records. Which means...

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-01 at 21:45.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 22:08   Link #359
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Not to bad but where did that blue hair girl go and why is environment banned
Old 2012-05-01, 22:47   Link #360
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
why is environment banned
I'm gonna go with, "Because Mari Okada." The whole "Evil patriarchy doesn't want girls to have fun," smacks of her. If that theme continues throughout the series, I expect this thread to get real fun.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime