AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-21, 20:22   Link #1
iceyfw

Denpa Kyoushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary
Kagami Junichirou was known as a physics genius when he was a teenager, and he was even published in "Nature." However, after college, he suddenly lost all interest in science. As a NEET, he's devoted himself to his anime blog and nerdy collecting habits. He claims he has a serious illness called "I can't do anything I don't want to do." Desperate to get him to do something with his life, his little sister manages to get him a job teaching physics at his old high school. He's certainly an unconventional teacher, but he becomes fairly popular with the students. After helping a girl who's being ruthlessly bullied, Kagami finds that he actually likes teaching. Will he continue his career as a weird teacher? Will he go back into physics? Or will he end up back where he started?
Author: Azuma Takeshi
Artist: Azuma Takeshi
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shounen

the theme of this manga reminds me of GTO but handles it differently without the violence and long drawn out drama.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 20:27   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The main character is too much of a self-indulgent otaku for me to really enjoy it. -_-

I know it's a silly series, and every other aspect is actually kinda good, but the sort of self-indulgence and writerly arrogance over science (LOL LOOK HOW CERN FAILS TO BEAT MR. OTAKU GENIUS! MAGIKARU GYARU TEREPORUTEESHON) gets me a bit miffed.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 20:41   Link #3
Shadow5YA

Did anyone else notice the Yamakan reference in chapter 2?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 22:56   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
The main character is too much of a self-indulgent otaku for me to really enjoy it. -_-

I know it's a silly series, and every other aspect is actually kinda good, but the sort of self-indulgence and writerly arrogance over science (LOL LOOK HOW CERN FAILS TO BEAT MR. OTAKU GENIUS! MAGIKARU GYARU TEREPORUTEESHON) gets me a bit miffed.
Same here, I do enjoy elements of this very much but the otaku side is played maybe a tad strongly as well as his "condition", not a big fan of geniuses being super lazy like that, just a minor niggle that stems from me being dumb in real life

Guess after reading Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata, seeing this type of setting I expect more than what I get usually.

Still depsite the niggles I do enjoy it for what it is, certainly not a bad series.
Altho not sure what to make of whats to come, I actually quite liked Boxer girl and Witch girl, I hope to see them again later on.
Old 2011-12-22, 00:23   Link #5
tsunade666

the main character is indeed interesting and kinda unique in a way I like it but the way they end the first school with him transferring into a new school doesn't suit with me. It reminds me of GTO plus I also liked boxer girl and witch girl. But if the teacher transfer school then we probably won't be able to see those two but so hope they will still show up. CERN and black holes lol reminds me a certain mad scientist who lives near akihabara that develops time machine.
Old 2011-12-22, 05:54   Link #6
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Did anyone else notice the Yamakan reference in chapter 2?
You mean the one on Tanikan?? Probably so... I mean the series have too many pun like CERM and many others in future chapters, if you read the raws..

This is turning out quite good for me.. Chapter 7 was epic for me..
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 06:52   Link #7
blade82

How old is he?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 09:22   Link #8
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
How old is he?
Spoiler for age:

It'll be revealed in the next few chapters.. Or rather suggested..
Old 2011-12-22, 09:45   Link #9
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
Spoiler for age:

It'll be revealed in the next few chapters.. Or rather suggested..
He's actually 22 since it was said that it's been five years since his thesis was published.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 12:54   Link #10
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd View Post
He's actually 22 since it was said that it's been five years since his thesis was published.
It was in chapter 5 in which his age was suggested/revealed.. It wasn't in the 3 chapters that are out so far.. Unless I read the raws wrongly..

Then again, it doesn't really make sense, since he's supposed to have been a university graduate..

But I've read chapter 5 again and
Spoiler for chapter 5:
Old 2011-12-22, 13:34   Link #11
tsunade666

I thought that his 17 when his thesis was announced to the world and that's like 5 years in the passed already.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:38   Link #12
dingmajiao

I think it's more of he's 17 but already had a thesis published out rather than he was 17 when the thesis was published..

Judging from Chapter 5..
Spoiler for chapter 5:

Anyway if you noticed, I am the translator, so I might have made a mistake.. -.-'

But it does seems weird.. 17 and a university graduate??? That's not fair at all..
Old 2011-12-22, 14:54   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
I think it's more of he's 17 but already had a thesis published out rather than he was 17 when the thesis was published..

Judging from Chapter 5..
Spoiler for chapter 5:

Anyway if you noticed, I am the translator, so I might have made a mistake.. -.-'

But it does seems weird.. 17 and a university graduate??? That's not fair at all..
From what I read it was said his paper was published when he was 17 and it's in the past so can only guess he is older than 17 now plus it's also stated that the black board site thingy was made by him 5 years ago when he was in school.
So I'd guess he's around 22 give or take.
Old 2011-12-22, 16:42   Link #14
Xacual

From chapter 3, he looks pretty much exactly the same in the 5 year flashback which would definitely not be the case if he was 12.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 19:29   Link #15
dingmajiao

I guess so.. Think he looks more 22 than 17 to me as well.. We'll see..
Old 2011-12-23, 12:56   Link #16
Shadow5YA

A school system where a kendo student holds all teachers accountable? That headmistress is crazy.
Old 2011-12-23, 14:46   Link #17
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Honestly not sure what to make of whats happening.
Can't tell if I find it interesting or somewhat oddly cliche or predictable.

The whole I don't want to do this or be part of it but gets involved anyway cause of some sorta weird reason or is forced into it by someone kinda gets to me.
I'm fine with students having alot of power within the school but guess I'm not too fond of the young female in such a high ranking postion within the school.
Altho it's not actually been stated if she's the same age as the students but I can't see her being that much older.

Think only time I liked where a student had power over the whole school was in Veritas but thats cause the guy involved went against the grain at almost every turn, it's what made it interesting plus it helps that the lass there is super hawt!

I'm keeping with this series still, guess I'll say it's on a postive outlook with the imouto now getting involved more
Old 2011-12-24, 11:59   Link #18
Shadow5YA

This guy knows how to talk. Not only did he end up getting the twintails into a maid costume, but he got his sister into it as well.
Old 2011-12-24, 13:36   Link #19
dingmajiao

I wonder why Suzune actually agreed.. LOL..
Old 2011-12-24, 18:10   Link #20
Xacual

Quote:
I wonder why Suzune actually agreed.. LOL..
She's a brocon despite her threats to his collection and forcing him to get a job.

Anyway about the age of the manager who was in the same grade as Kagami, I'm pretty sure she's saying she is 17 which isn't her age. Which is why when she repeats it in the next frame everyone has blank looks including Kagami.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life